Versus Battle Black Clover vs My Hero Academia

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more? / R3: Better villain? / R4: Better MC?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Which series do you think is better and which one do you prefer?

Some criteria:

-Plot
-Main characters
-Side characters
-Villains
-Character designs
-Power system
-Story arcs
-Incorporation of themes
-Art
-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality
-World building
-Characterization
-Enjoyment
- Etc.

VS

Apologies if you have no interest in this, just copied the tag lists from both sections lmao.
@Light D Lamperouge @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Daikenki @Marimo_420 @PerfectHie @Calypso @Oblivion @Gol D. Roger @Dark Hound @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @Krusher1357 @LadyVados @Playa4321 @MonsterKaido @Konstantis @Zenos7 @Guan Yu @Hades @Rivaille @Cross_Marian @God_Aizen @Flower @kade17 @h_zorothegoat @Flynn @Missy @GrandmasterChef Zonji @SDfear @Fujishiro @Shadowlord123 @Nel-Zel fiasco @Rayleigh-Sama @BleakAsh @Lax @Flynn @Guan Yu @Seth @Light D Lamperouge @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Daikenki @Marimo_420 @PerfectHie @Calypso @Oblivion @Gol D. Roger @Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @Playa4321 @Krusher1357 @LadyVados @Konstantis @Zenos7 @Guan Yu @Hades @Rivaille @Cross_Marian @God_Aizen@Flower @kade17 @h_zorothegoat @Flynn @Missy @GrandmasterChef Zonji @SDfear @Shadowlord123 @Rayleigh-Sama @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yelan @NotTommy @Mashiro Blue @BangOO๐Ÿ… @Seth @kratosล› @Boris D. Foot @MrZurkon @GodofDarkness @Light D Lamperouge @Dark Admiral @DarkWitch @Adam ๐ŸŽ @Rhea Venenosa @Bango๐Ÿ… @Akai2 @Nel-Zel fiasco @ReggieZoldyck21 @FreezyBreeze @Kiwipom @Kagurashii @TheKnightOfTheSea @Yere93 @Yoru @Jorden625 @JazzMazz @Hiragaro @kom5 @Roo @WesMidnight @Ice devil slayer @Doggo @Xlaw @IceWitch @Monkey D Theories @Kucing Pencuri @Camie @Trafalgar_D_Law @ivaannom @gamaran @Seth @mugiwalaw @ShadyOjiro @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Lukegranders @Lizzy @Luffy is the mc @LuffyMazino @Flowa @Ghostly Reflections @Yo Tan Wa @centurion @Date @PenguinKing @Law @Marimo_420 @Leo D. Caprio @Skipper017 @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Ravagerblade @Orojackson Refugee @sorukingu @SDfear @MonsterKaido @God_Aizen @Baba @Ishin @NikaInParis @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Unlimited Rulebook

I liked Boku no hero years ago but I quit it after the war arc with Shigaraki vs Deku and co(first round). It lose love and good building.
Black clover is better for me, better mC, better overall characters, better villian, better fights, better action, better world building, better stories,arcs, overall better for me.

I have dropped both the manga but I prefer Black clover more. Like the magic more than quirks

-Plot -- BC
-Main characters -- BC
-Side characters -- BC
-Villains -- MHA
-Character designs -- Tie
-Power system -- Tie
-Story arcs -- MHA
-Incorporation of themes -- MHA
-Art -- Tie
-Imagery -- Tie
-Panelling -- Tie
-Originality -- MHA by far. One of the reasons I dropped BC because it copies a lot from manga like Bleach
-World building -- BC
-Characterization -- Tie
-Enjoyment -- BC
- Etc.

Plot BC, MHA started out strong but got worse while Black Clover just gets better with every arc

Main Characters -

Speaks for itself.

Side characters: Both have side characters I really like but BC both has more and does a better job at getting them involved in the plot compared to MHA who canโ€™t even keep the supposed rival to Deku, Bakugo, relevant these days.

Villains - BC easily

Character designs - Once more in BCโ€™s favor.

Incorporation of themes - MHA hammers them in more

Art - Tie

Imagery - BC. MHA can be a bit of a clusterfuck to read at times.

Paneling - Same as above.

Originality - MHA, BC is a pretty derivative Shounen, it just does a very good job in how it handles the many common Shounen tropes it uses.

World Building - BCโ€™s Magic fantasy setting just resonates more with me.

Characterization - BC

Enjoyment - BC, have enjoyed it from beginning to end while MHA mostly peaked with All Might vs All For One minus the story arcs involving Chadeavor

Plot BC, MHA started out strong but got worse while Black Clover just gets better with every arc

Main Characters -

Speaks for itself.

Side characters: Both have side characters I really like but BC both has more and does a better job at getting them involved in the plot compared to MHA who canโ€™t even keep the supposed rival to Deku, Bakugo, relevant these days.

Villains - BC easily

Character designs - Once more in BCโ€™s favor.

Incorporation of themes - MHA hammers them in more

Art - Tie

Imagery - BC. MHA can be a bit of a clusterfuck to read at times.

Paneling - Same as above.

Originality - MHA, BC is a pretty derivative Shounen, it just does a very good job in how it handles the common Shounen tropes it has.

World Building - BCโ€™s Magic fantasy setting just resonates more with me.

Characterization - BC

Enjoyment - BC, have enjoyed it from beginning to end while MHA mostly peaked with All Might vs All For One minus the story arcs involving Chadeavor
:suresure::suresure:

Black Clover is just Fairy Tail with less fan service, less power of friendship, and a (somehow) even less interesting take on "magic".

It's a pretty generic shonen but I can see how someone new to the genre (any maybe hasn't read Naruto) could get behind it. MHA has it major faults but it's definitely a more unique story.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
โ€Ž
BC is your standard run-of-the-mill Shonen; it aint great, it aint bad. It's the epitome of Shonen simplicity and maintains an average yet entertaining quality from beginning to end.

MHA on the other hand has big highs and lows; varying levels of quality and entertainment. At the beginning it was really great, taking advantage of the simplistic Shonen but the longer it went on, 2 problems became more and more prominent which is the pacing, and the glorification of its villains. A quick example is Hawks and Twice: the manga greatly emphasized how Twice was genuinely a good guy trying to help his friends, along with shoving home how wrong it was for Hawks to kill Twice in such a ruthless and manipulative way. The manga should've instead emphasized that Twice is still a villain, who was willingly aiding a man who would bring chaos and oppression to the world. It creates serious thematic dissonance. As for the pacing, Horikoshi has a habit of releasing chapters with 10 to 12 pages of content that slowly moves the story forward. That along with how the momentum slows down greatly with the Heroes being used as downtime between the villain arcs with their training sequences and slice of life comedies.

BC>MHA but I like MHA way more.

B
Which series do you think is better and which one do you prefer?

Some criteria:

-Plot
-Main characters
-Side characters
-Villains
-Character designs
-Power system
-Story arcs
-Incorporation of themes
-Art
-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality
-World building
-Characterization
-Enjoyment
- Etc.

VS

Apologies if you have no interest in this, just copied the tag lists from both sections lmao.
@Light D Lamperouge @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Daikenki @Marimo_420 @PerfectHie @Calypso @Oblivion @Gol D. Roger @Dark Hound @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @Krusher1357 @LadyVados @Playa4321 @MonsterKaido @Konstantis @Zenos7 @Guan Yu @Hades @Rivaille @Cross_Marian @God_Aizen @Flower @kade17 @h_zorothegoat @Flynn @Missy @GrandmasterChef Zonji @SDfear @Fujishiro @Shadowlord123 @Nel-Zel fiasco @Rayleigh-Sama @BleakAsh @Lax @Flynn @Guan Yu @Seth @Light D Lamperouge @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Daikenki @Marimo_420 @PerfectHie @Calypso @Oblivion @Gol D. Roger @Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @Playa4321 @Krusher1357 @LadyVados @Konstantis @Zenos7 @Guan Yu @Hades @Rivaille @Cross_Marian @God_Aizen@Flower @kade17 @h_zorothegoat @Flynn @Missy @GrandmasterChef Zonji @SDfear @Shadowlord123 @Rayleigh-Sama @Nel-Zel fiasco @Yelan @NotTommy @Mashiro Blue @BangOO๐Ÿ… @Seth @kratosล› @Boris D. Foot @MrZurkon @GodofDarkness @Light D Lamperouge @Dark Admiral @DarkWitch @Adam ๐ŸŽ @Rhea Venenosa @Bango๐Ÿ… @Akai2 @Nel-Zel fiasco @ReggieZoldyck21 @FreezyBreeze @Kiwipom @Kagurashii @TheKnightOfTheSea @Yere93 @Yoru @Jorden625 @JazzMazz @Hiragaro @kom5 @Roo @WesMidnight @Ice devil slayer @Doggo @Xlaw @IceWitch @Monkey D Theories @Kucing Pencuri @Camie @Trafalgar_D_Law @ivaannom @gamaran @Seth @mugiwalaw @ShadyOjiro @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Lukegranders @Lizzy @Luffy is the mc @LuffyMazino @Flowa @Ghostly Reflections @Yo Tan Wa @centurion @Date @PenguinKing @Law @Marimo_420 @Leo D. Caprio @Skipper017 @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Ravagerblade @Orojackson Refugee @sorukingu @SDfear @MonsterKaido @God_Aizen @Baba @Ishin @NikaInParis @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Unlimited Rulebook
Black Clover I honestly find MHA boring.

Last edited: