One Piece Episode 1046 - Taking a Chance! Both Wings Go into Battle!

Rate?

• Total voters
beyond parody at this point. let's not forget toei adding filler of the entire island worshipping zolo's micrococ, deleting his allies from panels to make him look stronger, and now this disasterclass of an episode.

anyone who doesn't have marimo semen covering their eyes and clogging their nose and ears and stopping the oxygen from reaching their brain can see how pathetic this is. not even worth calling an adaptation anymore if they're just going to go "Hmmm...Oda wrote this, but how can we override all that inconvenient pesky canon so we can wank zolo?"

beyond parody at this point. let's not forget toei adding filler of the entire island worshipping zolo's micrococ, deleting his allies from panels to make him look stronger, and now this disasterclass of an episode.

anyone who doesn't have marimo semen covering their eyes and clogging their nose and ears and stopping the oxygen from reaching their brain can see how pathetic this is. not even worth calling an adaptation anymore if they're just going to go "Hmmm...Oda wrote this, but how can we override all that inconvenient pesky canon so we can wank zolo?"
Bro is hurt lmfao

Bruh, they are still centered, the difference is the changing in positions. Zoro's pose just naturally takes up a lot more space than Sanji's here.

And what makes you think the storyboard artist is inferior?

I think the action storyboard this episode was much grander in scale than the manga, which works better for the medium of animation.

Oda's action is very claustrophobic, which does not lend itself to terribly visually interesting scenes when placed in a different medium.

Again, this is not some power scaling bullshit. This is because the storyboard artist thought a different pose would work better in animation for Sanji(because Sanji's pose in the manga while cool doesn't make sense in motion).

The symbolism is literally still perfectly maintained.
I think the storyboard artist is inferior because they are not the author. I believe strongly in creators rights. An author chooses to share their headworld with you, you do not have the right to change it, it is theirs. What they choose to portray, how they choose to portray, and the symbolism, metaphors, and compositions they choose to get that portrayal across, you do not change.

The symbolism is lost when they reduced screen space. Take a ruler of the 'wings' scene that was supposed to be so iconic. Zoro is shoving more into the center while Sanji is pushed aside, it is literally changing the message the composition was supposed to put forth.

I'm speaking of this from an artist/artschool view.

I think the storyboard artist is inferior because they are not the author. I believe strongly in creators rights. An author chooses to share their headworld with you, you do not have the right to change it, it is theirs. What they choose to portray, how they choose to portray, and the symbolism, metaphors, and compositions they choose to get that portrayal across, you do not change.

The symbolism is lost when they reduced screen space. Take a ruler of the 'wings' scene that was supposed to be so iconic. Zoro is shoving more into the center while Sanji is pushed aside, it is literally changing the message the composition was supposed to put forth.

I'm speaking of this from an artist/artschool view.
Oda himself told the anime teams that they can do as they feel because the anime and the manga are two different things. He does not care about this kind of stuff.

OT: it will always blow my mind to see that something that have been, on daily basis, proven to not be canon can rustle so much jimmies :gokulaugh::suresure::suresure:

Typical "umad" non-rebuttal from someone who gets a cheap dopamine hit from zolo getting fake feats, a fake dbz aura and other laughable nonsense.

You can't point out where I'm supposedly incorrect because I'm speaking only the truth. Truth, logic, literacy, decency: all things valued by functional adult members of society yet completely unknown to the zoroach

Wasn’t porter peak just final beta?
This literally explain everything, that guy sure is mental.
Post automatically merged:

I tagged him here but he didn't reply, so I remembered right. :myman:
Well for the context after that Marco line there is a double attack Sanji/Zoro so even if it can be singular, a normal person with a medium QI could come to understand it's "Stars", you know?

Last edited: