One Piece Episode 1046 - Taking a Chance! Both Wings Go into Battle!

Rate?

• Total voters
Episode was very spaced out in terms of action, but aside from one instance, the animation was really incredibly on point for the main action.

I will say I really liked the sense of scale from the storyboard.

As Oda went on as a mangaka, the fights in One Piece started to feel more and more claustrophobic despite increasing in the scale of abilities.

Direction wasn't as good as last episode, but the action storyboard was definitely more ambitious in scope, and although not as frenetic in terms of choreography, it definitely delivered on the scale.

Anyway, obviously the translation isn't official so the "star" will change to "stars" like tomorrow when Crunchyroll dubbed it.
I'm still waiting for CR to change arms back to wings. I have no faith left in Crunchyroll.

Anyway. Strictly ignoring the stars BS. Can someone explain to me how an anime storboarder looks at a manga panel that centers two characters, with the same scale on each side, putting emphasis on the both of them. But then decides to shove one over to the right more, giving more screen area to the left? That one pisses me right off.

Like Oda, drew both Zoro and Sanji for the 'wings in action' to mirror each other one on each side, and the manga panel he perfectly centered them. Then the anime, they give more scale to Zoro. Like, that's messing with the artists intention dude. You don't do that.

Credits goes to @FreezyBreeze btw.
I'm still waiting for CR to change arms back to wings. I have no faith left in Crunchyroll.

Anyway. Strictly ignoring the stars BS. Can someone explain to me how an anime storboarder looks at a manga panel that centers two characters, with the same scale on each side, putting emphasis on the both of them. But then decides to shove one over to the right more, giving more screen area to the left? That one pisses me right off.

Like Oda, drew both Zoro and Sanji for the 'wings in action' to mirror each other one on each side, and the manga panel he perfectly centered them. Then the anime, they give more scale to Zoro. Like, that's messing with the artists intention dude. You don't do that.
Arms is pretty much the same as Wings. But Wings does sounds cooler though.

About the angle, I dunno. It's up to Toei to adapt whatever angle they got. Not everything has to be look exactly the same.

The author's intention has always been clear. The wing is never equal.
Only 1 of them went to the Rooftop with Luffy while the other 1 got stuck with Flying Six. And only 1 of them got advanced CoC together with Luffy while the other 1 won't have even basic CoC for the rest of entire life. Those 2 things > some "mirror" panel BS.
And the author approved the anime.
Post automatically merged:

I never take him seriously. He's just another one of those Sanji haters that I destroyed on YouTube back in 2018 and 2019.
Lol you never "destroyed" shit. If you really "destroyed" him then he would either be silent right now not stating facts about Sanji anymore, or straight turned into joining Sanji cult.
The fact that he can still active in twitter, spreading more facts, means he is not "destroyed".

The author's intention has always been clear. The wing is never equal.
Only 1 of them went to the Rooftop with Luffy while the other 1 got stuck with Flying Six. And only 1 of them got advanced CoC together with Luffy while the other 1 won't have even basic CoC for the rest of entire life. Those 2 things > some "mirror" panel BS.
And the author approved the anime.
You miss the point. I don't care what agenda you have. We could be talking about Luffy and Enemy, or Nami and Usopp for all I care. The AUTHOR, CREATOR, aka end all decider. Drew two characters in a panel side by side CENTERED for emphasis in SYMBOLISM. The STORYBOARDER, an inferior biased not-creator decides to break that symbolism for their own damn opinions.

You do not do this. It is literally an insult to the author/artist and what they set out to portray. This is a huge dick move.
Post automatically merged:

If even that is too hard for your mind to comprehend. Resarch artistic composition. An artist makes character placement decisions, and compositional choices for REASONS.

Lol you never "destroyed" shit. If you really "destroyed" him then he would either be silent right now not stating facts about Sanji anymore, or straight turned into joining Sanji cult.
The fact that he can still active in twitter, spreading more facts, means he is not "destroyed".
Yeah he's so scared of me on YT to the point that he caved in Twitter aka shithole fest so he can peacefully do his thing. Luckily that I don't use Twitter often so he got it easy.

anime quality drop a bit from last episode but still enjoyable . Sanji and Zoro speedblitzing queen and king was very hype . Hopefully the fighting choreography for both Sanji and Zoro fight will get better when they solo each opponent .

Sanji and Zoro Hype
:stealthblack::stealthblack: