Top 50 strongest characters alive 2022 Poll - Finals!

Choose the strongest characters of your choice!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Let's go through this list real quick:

Akainu: Fleet Admiral, great portrayal, but no relevant feats to speak of since Marineford. Most likely not the final villain as Imu exists as a being with higher authority.

Mihawk: WSS and Zoro's EOS opponent, has a title no one cares about beyond Zoro, and it goes against the story for him to be the strongest when he will never fight Luffy.

Blackbeard: Recently seen him in action, did not look particularly impressive and still no sign of CoC. Definitely not top 1 currently.

Shanks: Yonko, best haki portrayal, but he is weaker than Mihawk as long as he's a swordsman and he has never been hyped for his individual strength like Kaido (and by extension Joyboy/Luffy), WB or Mihawk.

Dragon: Completely featless, he's carried by his portrayal as the Rev. Army leader and most likely doomed to lose to Imu in the final war.

I would not rank any of these guys at #1 when we have:

Luffy with excellent portrayal as a Yonko and the new Joyboy (only one capable of beating Kaido), and the best set of feats next to Kaido.

And Imu, secret ruler of the world and their one feat thus far being destroying an entire kingdom with seemingly no effort, outclassing literally every other feat we've seen so far.

Do my arguments make sense, or did swordsmen/marine wank scramble everyone's brains?
Luffys feats mean fuck all when all he did was hit a kaido who finally hit 0 with his strongest attacks
Akainu has better feats than luffy

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
No need for the meltdown in the second half of your post. At all.

I caught the part of your argument that I responded to, and didn't read Rayan's Wyper post.

Lmao I'm not on a meltdown at all, lol.
I'm doing laundry rn and I have tons of time on my hands.

Fwiw, I simply dont believe in Zenkai based scaling in OP itself. Not just for this argument but you won't see me using Zenkai or Island to Island growth anywhere in the OP battledome. :kayneshrug:

Luffys feats mean fuck all when all he did was hit a kaido who finally hit 0 with his strongest attacks
Akainu has better feats that most characters in One Piece, but saying that Luffy feats against Kaido mean "fuck all" is quite bizarre. He and Yamato are the only one that fought him 1v1 and had a decent fight, with only Luffy being able to have an all out 1v1 which was only interrupted by cp0 shenanigans.

Lmao I'm not on a meltdown at all, lol.
I'm doing laundry rn and I have tons of time on my hands.

Fwiw, I simply dont believe in Zenkai based scaling in OP itself. Not just for this argument but you won't see me using Zenkai or Island to Island growth anywhere in the OP battledome. :kayneshrug:
Fair enough, though fyi next time don't mistard me swordtard:
I'm a frankytard, not luffytard

Useless to argue anything with you lol, you're determined to downplay Luffy and wank Zoro from what I've seen

You could read Luffy vs Kaido again, how Luffy was shown and stated to be in worse condition multiple times and how Kaido deemed him a worthy opponent, but I'm sure your opinion won't be changed because of your agenda

HA001

Akainu has better feats that most characters in One Piece, but saying that Luffy feats against Kaido mean "fuck all" is quite bizarre. He and Yamato are the only one that fought him 1v1 and had a decent fight, with only Luffy being able to have an all out 1v1 which was only interrupted by cp0 shenanigans.
Irrelevant from the moment kaido fought the scabbards he was wasting haki and stamina constantly
Fighting a 16 man gauntlet
And the only break he had was a few mins drink before the roof 5 got there
Luffy had multiple shots was eaten kod
Killed
Had rest ate and recovered his fruit saved him and awakened itself.
The cp0 was Irrelevant luffy was losing anyway
He said himself it was his last hit.
Post automatically merged:

Useless to argue anything with you lol, you're determined to downplay Luffy and wank Zoro from what I've seen

You could read Luffy vs Kaido again, how Luffy was shown and stated to be in worse condition multiple times and how Kaido deemed him a worthy opponent, but I'm sure your opinion won't be changed because of your agenda
Luffy was in bad condition because of kaido

Which meant nothing as he was reset twice

Because he stopped to eat with his myth zoan and which we know boosts his recovery
And then his fruit awakened itself

In a 1 vs 1 now kaido would beat luffy still

There is a lack of character development for Mihawk.
It is Oda's fault. So, I wont argue with you about this because no matter what you bring to the discussion it wont prove his relevancy to the story. His connection to Zoro does not compel me to like him.
So far, it seems like he is there as a symbolic figure, like an NPC, or a training simulator for Zoro.
Bro, he's the biggest figure behind a marine-hunting organization. Is that not Oda's way of putting him in a place of relevance aside from being Zoro's endgame?

I won't go so far as to say that Mihawk will be the strongest character by EoS, but out of the current line-up of characters and what we know about them, Mihawk is easily a valid choice.

In this poll, we have:
-A confirmed swordmaster (Shanks)
-Someone with close to zero feats/hype/portrayal (Dragon)
-Someone who has racked up on-screen bad showings & anti-feats (Blackbeard)

In comparison to Mihawk, the only person in this poll who I'd have no qualms putting top 1 is Sakazuki.

Story relevance is important for power-scaling, but it's not everything. Look at Whitebeard, for example.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
« If any at all »

:queenhear:

Forgetting things at such a young age, sad to see it

Shanks is also > Dragon.
Yeah and how do you come to this ?

Dragon > Shanks > Mihawk

I actually think the entire reason why Shanks developed that skill was to counter Mihawk's CoO so you don't get any points for that lol.
Yeah it means Shanks can counter one of Mihawk « superior » skill

1 point for Shankuuuuu

Yes, because Mihawk's title is the one title which absolutely cannot be false because it's a SH dream lmao.
Glad you finally understood.

And WB himself openly admitted that he isn't the Strongest anymore in MF.
Lol and what is your excuse (that you gladly didn’t respond to) about WB and Roger being equal while WB was the WSM ?

im all ears

Yeah Zoro dream sure, Roger remember ? The strongest swordsman ever ? 0 connection at all with Zoro and all with Luffy ?

Sure, Shanks has stronger CoC, probably the strongest CoC of the mid gen characters.
Doesn't take out all of his other faults which is why Mihawk >.
For two rivals who were neck to neck and likely still are : yes it makes a difference. Shanks a MC goal, SH carrier, and COC hype > Mihawk

And again, Roger =/= Shanks.
For all we know, Saijo's can simply not be turned into Kokutos which is why I'm saying again & again that bringing an unknown factor into the debate gives you nothing, darling.
Head canon time.

So now the swordsmen great achievement of forging a black blade and one of the important thing in Zoro adventures (turning swords black) is suddenly something that can’t be done if you have already a top sword ? Head canon

Making a black blade is hella important and an insane feat. Yet Roger and Ray and Shanks didn’t do it.

This show once again and it’s the main point : Roger and Shanks aren’t in WSS race at all, it’s stupid to think Roger is part of Zoro goal and the strongest swordsman ever

Didn't I admit that I was wrong about that phrase? Maybe you guys should make real argument instead of keep talking about something I literally admitted I was wrong about.

I have no horse in this race, I only think Akainu makes more sense to be the strongest, although I also have a feeling Teach will be the end villain of One Piece, aka the strongest following Shonen's tropes.

In this case the bias is clear because there is an underlying statement, just like thousands of other bait threads or sad things like ZKK, which I also for a bit thought could have happened under certain circumstances.

Mihawk is not unsuitable, but not being the main antagonist, having close to no feats, having no stakes in the plot except the subplot of a secondary character (no disrespect in this, i hate the sidelining of the crew), I don't consider him the strongest by a story telling point of view.
On second tought, I voted Akainu but it could very well be Teach.
Akainu is a fine choice.

Teach, perhaps EoS, but with the showings he has right now, I wouldn't bet on it.

I really don't think it matters whether or not there is an "underlying" agenda when the take is justifiable either way. Mihawk won't be top 1 by EoS anyway.

Bro, he's the biggest figure behind a marine-hunting organization. Is that not Oda's way of putting him in a place of relevance aside from being Zoro's endgame?

I won't go so far as to say that Mihawk will be the strongest character by EoS, but out of the current line-up of characters and what we know about them, Mihawk is easily a valid choice.

In this poll, we have:
-A confirmed swordmaster (Shanks)
-Someone with close to zero feats/hype/portrayal (Dragon)
-Someone who has racked up on-screen bad showings & anti-feats (Blackbeard)

In comparison to Mihawk, the only person in this poll who I'd have no qualms putting top 1 is Sakazuki.

Story relevance is important for power-scaling, but it's not everything. Look at Whitebeard, for example.
How can you call Dragon no feat. He has the best feat, do nothing while his son's brother is being killed, his base is destroied and his lieutenants defeated. These are undeniable feats of otherworldy essence. He's so beyond human capabilites that he is not fased by what happens around him.
I am joking if it's not clear.

You have a good point with Whitebeard, before his portrayal at MF he was showed as a weakened dinosaur, who would have betted him to do what he did and almost destroy the marines with only his crew.

I don't think that the portrayal in the cross guild is out of his own interest though. I think each of them joined it for a different reason, Crocodile-Power, Buggy-fear, Mihawk-desire to be let alone in peace, just like his joining the warlords.

But based on feats, what do you say in Mihawk vs Akainu?

Irrelevant from the moment kaido fought the scabbards he was wasting haki and stamina constantly
Fighting a 16 man gauntlet
And the only break he had was a few mins drink before the roof 5 got there
Luffy had multiple shots was eaten kod
Killed
Had rest ate and recovered his fruit saved him and awakened itself.
The cp0 was Irrelevant luffy was losing anyway
He said himself it was his last hit.

Luffy was in bad condition because of kaido

Which meant nothing as he was reset twice

Because he stopped to eat with his myth zoan and which we know boosts his recovery
And then his fruit awakened itself

In a 1 vs 1 now kaido would beat luffy still
You understand you're talking about Kaido right? Who has far durability and endurance than almost anyone else in OP and who is stronger than anyone in this final poll? And I'm talking about Gear 5 Luffy vs Kaido and other characters. I don't care about Luffy's losses before Gear 5.

It's a fact that Momo stated Luffy’s voice was fading, that Kaido warned Luffy could die if he kept going. It's also a fact that Kaido used way more attacks than Luffy did in the final phase of the fight, and yet Luffy still tanked everything and created an attack strong enough to overpower Kaido's own strongest attack. And then finally, Kaido had a Joyboy flashback right after he was defeated, confirming that only Luffy was capable of beating him like Yamato had already stated earlier, which was right after Luffy and Kaido split the sky.

Luffy has better feats than anyone in this poll, including Akainu. Fighting an old, sick and dying Whitebeard with the help of the entire marine force is not as impressive as Luffy fighting Kaido for 20+ chapters straight in a 1v1. And enough with this "Luffy got a break", Yamato literally says that Luffy was barely standing in Chapter 1027.

Akainu is a fine choice.

Teach, perhaps EoS, but with the showings he has right now, I wouldn't bet on it.

I really don't think it matters whether or not there is an "underlying" agenda when the take is justifiable either way. Mihawk won't be top 1 by EoS anyway.
I say that while Akainu STRONG, Mihawk STRONG, the feat of BB are more about cunning, and survivability. He may not be the strongest, but he never loses in a way. Or better, he always gets what he wants.

Frankytards, Brooktards and Robintards because our faves are overlooked 24/7:josad:
Where are Usop tards in this ranking?

You understand you're talking about Kaido right? Who has far durability and endurance than almost anyone else in OP and who is stronger than anyone in this final poll? And I'm talking about Gear 5 Luffy vs Kaido and other characters. I don't care about Luffy's losses before Gear 5.

It's a fact that Momo stated Luffy’s voice was fading, that Kaido warned Luffy could die if he kept going. It's also a fact that Kaido used way more attacks than Luffy did in the final phase of the fight, and yet Luffy still tanked everything and created an attack strong enough to overpower Kaido's own strongest attack. And then finally, Kaido had a Joyboy flashback right after he was defeated, confirming that only Luffy was capable of beating him like Yamato had already stated earlier, which was right after Luffy and Kaido split the sky.

Luffy has better feats than anyone in this poll, including Akainu. Fighting an old, sick and dying Whitebeard with the help of the entire marine force is not as impressive as Luffy fighting Kaido for 20+ chapters straight in a 1v1. And enough with this "Luffy got a break", Yamato literally says that Luffy was barely standing in Chapter 1027.
Luffy barely standing makes me think of Randy Marsh

HA001

Kaido did that to luffy
Luffy didn't waste all kaidos endurance and stamina
What feats
He didn't overpower anything of kaidos.
Kaidos flame clouds went out mid clash showing kaido finally hit 0 and only then does luffy win the clash

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
« If any at all »

:queenhear:

Forgetting things at such a young age, sad to see it
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Yeah and how do you come to this ?
Shanks' CoC hype.
CoC is the strongest power in the series.
That makes him > Dragon.

:optimistic:

Dragon > Shanks > Mihawk
The other way around actually.

Lol and what is your excuse (that you gladly didn’t respond to) about WB and Roger being equal while WB was the WSM ?
Because regardless of how that went down (where i still think WB is the stronger one btw), Mihawk's title is something different because it's an MC's dream.

Yeah Zoro dream sure, Roger remember ? The strongest swordsman ever ? 0 connection at all with Zoro and all with Luffy ?
There is pretty much no Swordsman that Zoro has a connection to outside of Ryuma due to his lineage mostly and Mihawk.
Zoro doesn't have a connection to (outside of being PK RHM) or wants to surpass Rayleigh too.
Doesn't change the fact that Rayleigh is a Swordsman.
Other Swordsmen are pointless to his story.
The only one who matters is Mihawk.

For two rivals who were neck to neck and likely still are : yes it makes a difference. Shanks a MC goal, SH carrier, and COC hype > Mihawk
Shanks is never the MC's goal & being StrawHat carrier means nothing.
And his CoC hype did nothing.
All of the above mentioned factors literally did not place Shanks over the World's Strongest Creature.
So no reason to place him over the World's Strongest Swordsman.

And Kaidou also never beat Shanks.

Head canon time.

So now the swordsmen great achievement of forging a black blade and one of the important thing in Zoro adventures (turning swords black) is suddenly something that can’t be done if you have already a top sword ? Head canon

Making a black blade is hella important and an insane feat. Yet Roger and Ray and Shanks didn’t do it.
Because regardless of Black Blade being a factor or not, does not change the fact that Mihawk is the Worlds Strongest Swordsman and that Shanks is a Swordsman.

This show once again and it’s the main point : Roger and Shanks aren’t in WSS race at all, it’s stupid to think Roger is part of Zoro goal and the strongest swordsman ever
Shanks is a Swordsman.
Mihawk is the Strongest Swordsman.
Roger =/= Shanks & is irrelevant to this debate.
Shanks is canonically considered a Swordsman in verse and his skills are used to hype Mihawk's own skills.

How can you call Dragon no feat. He has the best feat, do nothing while his son's brother is being killed, his base is destroied and his lieutenants defeated. These are undeniable feats of otherworldy essence. He's so beyond human capabilites that he is not fased by what happens around him.
:kobeha::kobeha:

I am joking if it's not clear.

You have a good point with Whitebeard, before his portrayal at MF he was showed as a weakened dinosaur, who would have betted him to do what he did and almost destroy the marines with only his crew.

I don't think that the portrayal in the cross guild is out of his own interest though. I think each of them joined it for a different reason, Crocodile-Power, Buggy-fear, Mihawk-desire to be let alone in peace, just like his joining the warlords.

But based on feats, what do you say in Mihawk vs Akainu?
Featwise, Akainu has possibly the best out of anyone. I won't argue against someone voting Akainu.

Tbh my problem is simply with the people who insist on arguing that Mihawk can't be a candidate here; that Mihawk shouldn't even be top 5, etc.

Shanks literally can't be top 1 as he's weaker than Mihawk

The rest have solid arguments I think

I think I'm voting for Akainu but Mihawk and Dragon have a shot at the current top spot

BB is a little shaky rn

Status
Not open for further replies.