General Video Game Discussion

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Figured this was a good place to shoot my shot...

I got an Xbox as a bar mitzvah gift (shut up) so many years ago, and it came included with this fighting/puzzle game called Kung Fu Chaos. The whole console only lasted two months before I got the infamous Red Ring of Death, but in that time, I played that game non-fucking-stop. Nobody else I know has ever seen or heard of it.

It had this collection of super eccentric characters - one chick was on roller skates, one looked like Confucius, one kinda resembles Anko from Naruto if she has gone feral, one was a straight up ninja, there was a monkey that I’m now realizing was a sendup of Journey to the West, a bunch of other truly wild looking motherfuckers - and you learned through the course of the campaign that they were filming a movie directed by this fat, Hirohito-looking toad who ended up being the final boss. When you beat the game with each character, they got their own last cutscene that was truly bizarre across the board.

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? I’ve Googled it so many times in the past, I can confirm it DID exist at some point, but I’ve long felt that I’m the only person in the entire world who played it. Am I?

I watched recently videos about the history of video games characters and consoles. It makes you really to play old consoles such the SNES, the Megadrive, the original Playstation, the Dreamcast, the N64 and Gamecube and their games.
Phew, I feel your nostalgia - just yesterday I got into watching playthroughs of the old PS1 Tomb Raider games, which even today are some of my favorites! There were lots of amazing games for PS1.

Have you (or anyone) heard of or played a game called "Koudelka"?

Will you buy the PS5 this year brother?
It's already released this year?! Dayum...

Tbh, possessing a PS4 I don't see any reason to buy it so far. For my taste, the graphics of most games - especially newer ones - are stunning as is, and there's still an abundance of games I haven't played that intrigue me. It'll get troublesome once games start releasing only for PS5, but I don't see me buying an entire console just for one specific game. Already did that with the PS4 pretty much, and I don't get to game so much anymore these days anyway.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
It's already released this year?! Dayum...

Tbh, possessing a PS4 I don't see any reason to buy it so far. For my taste, the graphics of most games - especially newer ones - are stunning as is, and there's still an abundance of games I haven't played that intrigue me. It'll get troublesome once games start releasing only for PS5, but I don't see me buying an entire console just for one specific game. Already did that with the PS4 pretty much, and I don't get to game so much anymore these days anyway.
Yes btw, by the last trimester of the year most countries will have it it seems ~