I

Indigo

'Distract' from what tho?
From the fact that there's no actual meaning to our lives or need for us to question our existence

we exist and that's it

we developed our memories and conscience to survive

the same way many other animals developed other types of abilities

so we find all these things to distract ourselves from repeating these same old questions that don't have answers

and that only make people feel worse when they think about them

we either distract ourselves from them, or we create answers to them that we enjoy

This isn't contemporary culture

it's what humanity has been doing their entire history

we find something to cling on as our "meaning"

be it survival, religion, national pride, self-development, future generations, hedonistic activities, working, whatever you can think off

and that is all it is, our way of distracting ourselves, these minds we developed for survival

and happy are those that can do it successfully
Agreed.
Socializing? Going out? Partying? Having fun with friends? Dopamine.
Travelling? Hiking? Rowing the boat? Adventuring in the mountains? Dopamine.
Working? Love your job as a Workaholic? Constantly involved in problem solving? Dopamine.
Escapism? Drugs? Weed? Reading fiction? All Dopamine.

It might seem nihilistic but it really isn't. That's just how our body is structured. We need to find what kind of dopamine our body needs and is good for us. Unless you start meditating and clear your mind off. But at that point, you're just vibing with the world, like a spectator.
Post automatically merged:

'Distract' from what tho?
Everything that you hate about your life

From the fact that there's no actual meaning to our lives or need for us to question our existence

we exist and that's it

so we find all these things to distract ourselves from repeating these same old questions that don't have answers

we either distract ourselves from them, or we create answers to them that we enjoy
Man, that's just your depression talking😭

I mean it's certainly a legitimate way to see things but I disagree. Don't wanna argue with you tho

I

Indigo

Agreed.
Socializing? Going out? Partying? Having fun with friends? Dopamine.
Travelling? Hiking? Rowing the boat? Adventuring in the mountains? Dopamine.
Working? Love your job as a Workaholic? Constantly involved in problem solving? Dopamine.
Escapism? Drugs? Weed? Reading fiction? All Dopamine.

It might seem nihilistic but it really isn't. That's just how our body is structured. We need to find what kind of dopamine our body needs and is good for us. Unless you start meditating and clear your mind off. But at that point, you're just vibing with the world, like a spectator.
Exactly

I'm not saying it's a bad thing either

People should do that lol

we exist and that's it

Okay now THAT's nihilistic

I

Indigo

Man, that's just your depression talking😭

I mean it's certainly a legitimate way to see things but I disagree. Don't wanna argue with you tho
Why? this doesn't have to do with my depression though, this way of seeing things doesn't actually make me feel sad

It makes me feel kinda inspired and happy tbh, it makes me feel like the meaning of life can be whatever i want it to be for me, and that i can focus on getting what i want, not what other people tell me to get

you see how can it be a positive thing?

I

Indigo

Okay now THAT's nihilistic
Here

Why? this doesn't have to do with my depression though, this way of seeing things doesn't actually make me feel sad

It makes me feel kinda inspired and happy tbh, it makes me feel like the meaning of life can be whatever i want it to be for me, and that i can focus on getting what i want, not what other people tell me to get

you see how can it be a positive thing?