Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

Bartho went so far as imitating one of Luffy's move mate.. is 10x more fanboy that Yamato is for Oden..

Yamato is a great character, they had their arc it was just not something that rivals mains characters.
And Yamato claims that she is Oden and said that Momonosuke was her son mate. That's more extreme and cringeworthy and creepy that Bartholomeo ever did.

And Yamato claims that she is Oden and said that Momonosuke was her son mate. That's more extreme and cringeworthy and creepy that Bartholomeo ever did.
Yamato identify as Oden, which is completely understandable as Oden personnify everything that Yamato wants to accomplish, so yeah of course you have the gag "i'm your father", but that's just it, a gag.. nothing cringe about it.

Yamato identify as Oden, which is completely understandable as Oden personnify everything that Yamato wants to accomplish, so yeah of course you have the gag "i'm your father", but that's just it, a gag.. nothing cringe about it.
"Yamato identifies as Oden"

How about you take your completely ridiculous woke nonsense, turn it up sideways, lube it really nicely and shove it up your own ass!

Nobody gives a flying fuck if some weirdos try to claim that everyone has to "respect a fictional character" because she "iDeNtiFiEs aS OdEn, YoU HaVe To ReSpEcT ThAt".

It's gaga, it's creepy, it's bullshit and it's fucking annoying.

She's a poorly written fangirl with some obvious and very concerning psychological problems (the way Oda portrayed her).

I wouldn't say peak, just a good average character. People are looking far too much in Yamato because they are strong and therefore think they need to have the same development as Momonosuke or Robin in Ennies Lobby.. That's Bs..

We could call this the "strenght bias".
Honestly, if her character arc ended by accepting her own name and heritage (however vile Kaido was) it would have shot her up as a character.

As it is, she ended Wano how she began it - by pretending to be her idol, instead of following her idol's methods/teachings/will etc like other characters do. Luffy doesn't call himself Roger nor Shanks, nor does Zoro call himself Kuina nir Mihawk. Same for Sanji and Zeff, Nami and Bellmere etc

Identifying as another one is not respectable nor healthy, especially if the character isn't deserving of being worshiped in the first place.

Honestly, if her character arc ended by accepting her own name and heritage (however vile Kaido was) it would have shot her up as a character.
But that's cliche.. The point of Yamato's character was never to accept themself, it was to understand that freedom comes in different colors.

As it is, she ended Wano how she began it
No, they finally understand what freedom was and choosed the path that suited them the most.

like other characters do. Luffy doesn't call himself Roger nor Shanks, nor does Zoro call himself Kuina nir Mihawk. Same for Sanji and Zeff, Nami and Bellmere etc
Stop looking at Yamato like a strawhat, they never was one. Yamato is their own character. They found peace in the identification to Oden and I find that good.

Identifying as another one is not respectable nor healthy, especially if the character isn't deserving of being worshiped in the first place.
They identify with the ideas of Oden, not really the character itself. They made their own choice (like the fact of stayin on the island while the opposite happened with Oden)

Anyway, to answer op's question seriously:
Odenette was one of the most poorly executed parts of One Piece as a whole
- shoehorned into the story out of nowhere
- fanservice design, just like any other girl in OP
- unhealthy fixation on a dead guy to the point where she has some sort of personality disorder, disrecpeting the child of her idol multiple times (calling out to Momo "I am Oden" and "I am your father" etc)
- conveniently powerful enough to play a role in stopping Kaido

All in all - Yamatrash