Chapter Discussion Did the Sanji Gag in the recent chapter bother anyone?

Were you bothered by the gag?

• Total voters
C

CensoredbyWG

Japan people love this type of shit

Oda primarily draws for them, so...
Post automatically merged:

Being a slave to a crewmember you know and trust with your life >>>>>>>> being a dog to some hot but sus chick you met in enemy territory a few days ago.

Pre TS Sanji: I'll protect you with my life
Post TS Sanji: I want to be your dog
He went from chivalrous to a simp lord, pretty degrading imo but if people are ok with this then good for them

I'm waiting for VIZ translation before I update my chapter vote.

The first translation was awful, but the second one was a lot better imo. "Call me dog" is unhealthy af, "consider me your loyal dog" is more or less in line with Sanji's other gags so I am used to it.

Memes from the spoiler thread made my day though :milaugh:

That's from Sanji's Nose ..
I think
I mean, if it's a clink, does it mean not only Sanji who has metal skin, but Stussy too?
From my limited English knowledge, it's a sound produced by metal and metal, not flesh and metal.
There must be a reason Oda put this sfx here, maybe a hint about Stussy.
What do you think

At this point it's hard to care
Oda ruined Sanji's character when he spied on a mixed bath
As #1 Sanjibro in this forum & a faithful Odadrone, I will defend that scene.

First of all, the place is a mixed bath. It's creepy for staring at the girls, but not that creepy. Maybe this is why WSJ editors allow this.

Secondly, just like Fishman Island's blood loss is needed for racial transfusion subplot, this peeping is needed for Exoskeleton awakening.

There is a correction in the volume release about Sanji's line regarding his body feeling weird after 3rd usage of RS. The magazine version said 2nd time.

This can only mean that the Exoskeleton awakening only starts because of Sanji's blood interacting with the RS during bathhouse scene. So, Sanji needs to bleed a lot sometimes during early-mid Wano. Due to setting, it's impossible for him to bleed naturally like got injured, so Oda chose the nosebleed route.

Last edited:
I mean, if it's a clink, does it mean not only Sanji who has metal skin, but Stussy too?
From my limited English knowledge, it's a sound produced by metal and metal, not flesh and metal.
There must be a reason Oda put this sfx here, maybe a hint about Stussy.
What do you think
Maybe Stussy has exoskeleton too...
Or maybe she is like Android 18/17.