Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
Zenou still alive. JKR dead. Naki charging Riboku....

Kanki is going to escape, isn't he? :tchpepe:
Jyoukaryuu is past his prime by his own admission lol, we really didn’t need to see his strength in detail. He’s an older man who used to be extremely strong, who cares. The main martial might of Seika is Jiaga and Shibashou anyway.
It looks so feckin goofy though with that dumb arse injury and time gap. Lol. In addition to that, JKR never got a proper fight, Zenou never got a proper fight, we are not going to see a full power Seika Army and Rumble's idea of Shin killing JKR so that there is some major beef between the HSA and Seika sounded much better than what we got with this.

I am getting flashbacks to how unsatisfactory Kochou was. :pepemy:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
It looks so feckin goofy though with that dumb arse injury and time gap.
I’m fine with it lol. Injury itself doesn’t kill people, blood-loss kills people. So Jyoukaryuu burying his Glaive into Zenou would not kill him immediately unless Zenou bled out, which wouldn’t have happened as Jyoukaryuu’s blade was still buried in his torso preventing his blood loss. This is why the sheer fact of getting hit by arrows doesn’t kill people. Because injuries don’t kill, it’s the blood loss from when the arrows are removed that can kill, which is why when people get struck by arrows they don’t pull them out immediately.

The fact that Zenou remained conscious even through the grueling pain of having his torso nearly sliced in half hyped just how much pain this guy can endure (which we also should’ve known given how many battle scars he’s covered in. But now that JKR’s Glaive has been removed he should die pretty quickly.

In addition to that, JKR never got a proper fight, Zenou never got a proper fight
Did they need proper fights? I don’t see why either of them deserve proper fights lol, they are pretty definitional minor characters, I don’t see what giving each of them proper fights would add to their characters. I feel like this small moment with Zenou adds more to his character then giving him a generic 1v1 would, I will now remember Zenou as a monster with absurd pain tolerance, I didn’t need to see him get a 1v1 lol. Just imo.

we are not going to see a full power Seika Army
Good, lol. Did people think we would get to see a full power Seika army? I think it would be underwhelming as shit if after this giant Northern Zhao war, Zhao lost zero commanders.

I want to see enemies and allies die, this is what adds a real sense of weight and finality to Kingdom battles, remembering all of the extreme hardship and struggles it took to accomplish something, and one of the best ways for Hara to accomplish this is by killing characters.

Shin killing JKR so that there is some major beef between the HSA and Seika sounded much better than what we got with this.
I think even if Shin killed Jyoukaryuu, there wouldn’t be that much beef between him and Seika and I don’t see why people think there would be.

Renpa raised Rinko as a son, and when Shin killed Renpa, sure Renpa had an initial outburst of rage, but ultimately Renpa and Shin ended that battle on respectable terms with Renpa even giving Shin one of Rinko’s swords as an homage of respect to the man who killed his son.

These are warriors who know they are risking their lives every time they take to the battlefield, they aren’t going to hold death-grudges when their comrades die lol. People die on the battlefield, you mourn them, remember them, and move on, you don’t hold death-grudges every time a friend dies on the battlefield.

And that’s assuming the other Seika commanders even view Jyoukaryuu as anything more than a powerful comrade who they respect lol. We don’t even know that there’s some deep emotional connection between these guys in the first place.

I’m fine with it lol. Injury itself doesn’t kill people, blood-loss kills people. So Jyoukaryuu burying his Glaive into Zenou would not kill him immediately unless Zenou bled out, which wouldn’t have happened as Jyoukaryuu’s blade was still buried in his torso preventing his blood loss. This is why the sheer fact of getting hit by arrows doesn’t kill people. Because injuries don’t kill, it’s the blood loss from when the arrows are removed that can kill, which is why when people get struck by arrows they don’t pull them out immediately.

The fact that Zenou remained conscious even through the grueling pain of having his torso nearly sliced in half hyped just how much pain this guy can endure (which we also should’ve known given how many battle scars he’s covered in. But now that JKR’s Glaive has been removed he should die pretty quickly.

Did they need proper fights? I don’t see why either of them deserve proper fights lol, they are pretty definitional minor characters, I don’t see what giving each of them proper fights would add to their characters. I feel like this small moment with Zenou adds more to his character then giving him a generic 1v1 would, I will now remember Zenou as a monster with absurd pain tolerance, I didn’t need to see him get a 1v1 lol. Just imo.

Good, lol. Did people think we would get to see a full power Seika army? I think it would be underwhelming as shit if after this giant Northern Zhao war, Zhao lost zero commanders.

I want to see enemies and allies die, this is what adds a real sense of weight and finality to Kingdom battles, remembering all of the extreme hardship and struggles it took to accomplish something, and one of the best ways for Hara to accomplish this is by killing characters.

I think even if Shin killed Jyoukaryuu, there wouldn’t be that much beef between him and Seika and I don’t see why people think there would be.

Renpa raised Rinko as a son, and when Shin killed Renpa, sure Renpa had an initial outburst of rage, but ultimately Renpa and Shin ended that battle on respectable terms with Renpa even giving Shin one of Rinko’s swords as an homage of respect to the man who killed his son.

These are warriors who know they are risking their lives every time they take to the battlefield, they aren’t going to hold death-grudges when their comrades die lol. People die on the battlefield, you mourn them, remember them, and move on, you don’t hold death-grudges every time a friend dies on the battlefield.

And that’s assuming the other Seika commanders even view Jyoukaryuu as anything more than a powerful comrade who they respect lol. We don’t even know that there’s some deep emotional connection between these guys in the first place.
I agree people are complaining lot these days, i say to Hara keep more such deaths coming. Zenou doing this is brutal and very like him.. establish the fact why he's so fearsome

This argument would make more sense if it was a thrusting blow like what Houken did to Ouki but it isn't, it is a full downwards slice that has nearly bisected Zenou. The injury is much bigger than the glaive blade, it goes through at least one of Zenou's lungs and it is an injury that has killed numerous characters in the past in seconds (e.g. Keisha, Mangoku, Chougaryuu, Houken etc.).

Zenou should have been dead two chapters ago. Like I said to Rayan00, if Zenou had done this immediately after JKR had sliced through him, I could have bought it but two chapters of JKR just sitting there waiting to die is flat out dumb.
Well seeing a proper fight would be nice when we haven't even had one proper duel so far in this arc. Just a bunch of curb stomps and interruptions.

When a character's strength gets hyped up, folk usually want to see the hype delivered on. See the portrayal of Kochou. Kochou was hyped up as some major fighting beast only to pussy out like a total bitch. That was utterly disappointing, might as well have never mentioned his fighting ability since it was never relevant.

So seeing these dudes get hyped only for them to eat fodder and do cheap shots is equally unsatisfying.

Besides, like I said elsewhere here, somebody should have been around to properly stall Zenou from reaching Riboku because fodder shouldn't have done the job considering Zenou typically tears through them like a one man pain train. Lol.

There were the Generals of Ganmon and Gian to kill. Could have given them some glory in this arc. Could have brought back Batei and Kisui considering their hatred of Kanki. There were other potential options besides a Seika General. Not that I am completely against a Seika General dying, I am just against a Seika General dying like a complete chump.

I have no problems with deaths but they need to be carefully executed. This one wasn't.

I agree with all of this and I never considered it absolutely necessary, I just think Rumble's idea was comparatively better than what we got here, which was JKR dying because he spent 5 minutes twiddling his thumbs while Riboku had a conversation with Kanki, not removing his glaive and patiently waiting in this one specific spot so that the author could have Zenou spontaneously come back to life to kill him.

Like Kanki is still alive, why the hell did JKR just decide to chill besides Zenou's corpse for minutes while there were still enemies around?

How is it that JKR has enough strength to match Shin and defeat an exhausted Zenou but not enough to pull his own glaive out?

Why not just order one of his men to get a new weapon for him to use to deal with more Kanki troops?

What happened was contrived, dumb, goofy and exceedingly unsatisfying.

I think Hara could have conveyed better Zenou fakeout. There are sure inhuman feats in Kingdom but I always thought there was some sort of limit before going borderline full supernatural. Not sure if I can even call plot this, JKR literally cut him down, need to see the extend of the wounds.

This close quarter exchange has it's many highs and lows. At least someone from Riboku's side fell but as I said Haea could have done a better way to have Zenou kill him.