Why did York Betray Vegapunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been saying for a while that she is angry because she has been forced to be the eat sleep poop vegapunk and wants to be able to invent things too.
Lol

Tbh its logical too.. Naturally oda would want titnto be someone who isn't among our cards and is basically background character

But it also seems too simple.

You can remove york from this arc, nothing changes

York being traitor cause she represents Greed , doesn't make sense storywise and adds nothing
It is jutst lazy and lame decision from Oda
That's the whole reason she went traitor. Because she was pushed to the back and was used by the others. It will be their hubris that lead to their downfall. And the hubris wasn't the pursuit of knowledge, but how they treated one of their own.

I'm ok with York being the mastermind, it's super good when no one (or at least from what I seen) understood it was her. It's surprising, but now I want to know the meaning, why she did that? That's the significant question. The motivations must be explained well and not to be stupid and inconclusive.
If York has a really interesting motive then I have no problem with her being the traitor.:kayneshrug:

But if her motive is dumb then Oda really wasted our time with this whole traitor sub plot.

Lol

Tbh its logical too.. Naturally oda would want titnto be someone who isn't among our cards and is basically background character

But it also seems too simple.
I first suspected her when I noticed she was the only Vegapunk you couldn't see when the laser field went down.

You can also see her walk away when the Seraphim first started disobeying orders.
She also flaunted how the other Vega gave S-Snake an order. It could have even been a code phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.