Why did York Betray Vegapunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding out hope this is another partial fake out.

Really don't want to see this arc get derailed by a shitty, tacked on traitor plotline.

This is why I hate Oda's numerology. The dead zones in arcs just so he can have a certain event happen on a certain date/chapter are insufferable for weekly readers. And then people will gaslight you to your face and pretend Oda would NEVER do that. Hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Having pirates and the Marines fight over the Vegapunks would be really fun. Hell, that's what I wanted in the first place. Now Usopp is a stone-man and Sanji's trying to commit child murder, fuck off, Oda, just give us what we want, rather than this stupid baity bullshit.
i thought this is what everyone here wanted out of sanji? the evil sanji plot? people arent looking forward to 3+ chapters of nami crying and sanji struggling between being horny and wanting to murder jimbei?

Holding out hope this is another partial fake out.

Really don't want to see this arc get derailed by a shitty, tacked on traitor plotline.

This is why I hate Oda's numerology. The dead zones in arcs just so he can have a certain event happen on a certain date/chapter are insufferable for weekly readers. And then people will gaslight you to your face and pretend Oda would NEVER do that. Hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Having pirates and the Marines fight over the Vegapunks would be really fun. Hell, that's what I wanted in the first place. Now Usopp is a stone-man and Sanji's trying to commit child murder, fuck off, Oda, just give us what we want, rather than this stupid baity bullshit.
Loda has you mfs on the hook as per usual
:steef:

You don't need setup for a twist. That's why it's a twist because you don't expect it. Whether the twist is good or not doesn't depend on the setup it depends on other factors as well, which aren't necessarily related to the setup. York got her introduction, and now depending on her motives, the twist will either be good or bad, subjectively of course.

My argument was just that it's not a deus ex machina.
That's literally the main difference between a normal plot twist and a deus ex machina. A deus ex machina is a type of plot twist which comes out of nowhere and resolves a problem or mystery.

That's literally the main difference between a normal plot twist and a deus ex machina. A deus ex machina is a type of plot twist which comes out of nowhere and resolves a problem or mystery.
A deus ex machina is something like superman coming in to save the day out of nowhere. Why are you adding "mystery" to the definition. That's not a thing.

I can agree he has the upper hand but if he is not damaging than it is not by a great extent. This is like saying Chopper had the upper hand by a great extension agaisnt Queen.
Chopper case is more like he stalled Queen.
At the end he did no damage and was pushed away.

My Kaido act 1 example is perfect to this Sanji Vs s shark scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.