Why did York Betray Vegapunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the writer could be looking to subvert expectations so idk
Shiki with a weaker fleet had Roger surrounded, that resulted in Roger's escape.
Whitebeard needed a fleet of like 50+ ships with powerful commanders, in order to take on a Marine Fleet, while still having his core crew of 1600+ people. And that ended in a 1-sided stomping on WB pirates.

There's literally no option other than to escape bro. The firepower is too much on the WG end. They not even able to deal with the seraphim like that let alone the near 100 Warships that are coming and about to shoot down the island.

Of course York will be killed because her knowledge is synchronized with other Vegapunks, meaing she knows too much about ancient kingdom. She is a threat for gorosei.

It's about to become an escape arc but I don't think it ends there. I see two possibilities:

1: The Strawhats break through a blockade and Kizaru gives chase, towards all the madness at Elbaf and that general direction.

2. It becomes a defensive situation where the Strawhats have to hold out against the attack on Egghead.
I think 1 is likely but it scares me because if Kizaru follows SHs to Elbaf then it means it's going to be another bloated arc
I want to chill after Wano lol

I hope this doesn’t mean Oda is going to have the straw hats do stupid shit for the next couple of chapters so time passes. Enough stalling, get to the climax already
Based on how the chapter concludes, we may have Robin running into York and a chapter or two of more of this plotline. But I think Oda is looking to jump into the Kuma flashback next. I don't see him doing that after Kizaru arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.