Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
King:
- mediocre swordsman with a no name sword
- has displayed a versatile range of powers superior to his swordsmanship, e.g. his magma-like fire and his Zoan, which gives him the ability to send flying slashes with his wings and launch his beak at laser like speed to break through mountains.

Shanks:
- top class swordsman with a supreme grade blade
- no DF
- no second arm to pull out a gun
- used to be Mihawk's rival, with Mihawk having a strict code on who he respects as a swordsman

I don't know, maybe Mihawk isn't a pure swordsman either..? Heck, even Zoro was seen kicking and punching.
So Zoro is foolish here? And cannon material isn't true? Lol, what have you been smoking? Give me one panel that says Shanks is a swordsman.

My biggest disappointment was that i thought we would actually get to see the determination of the Kid pirates before their inevitable loss.
Showing their love and trust for the captain based on everything they went thru. Oda even has shown something like that for Doffy's crew, yet, Kid gets packed up and his crews begs for mercy ? At that point in time?

If this was supposed to be the end of the Kid pirates Oda could've paid more respect to their career, right ? @Pantheos @rerere @ReggieZoldyck21

Imagine the Kid pirates pulling stuff like that, wouldn't that have been amazing?

But actually we get " on this day the Kid pirates got washed in under 2 minutes"
:pepeanger:

At this point, Kidd's career is done. Whatever he does now, he'll always be the Moria of the current gen. Zoro definitely won the race, let alone Luffy.
Now it's Law's turn but I gotta admit, at least Law wasn't easily destroyed like that.

Only Blackbeard is Luffy's real rival.
Dude. Teach is having a few people against Law. Shanks had his entire fleet plus Giants and Kid still faced him.

I talk a lot of shit to Kid but have to agree that only being defeated by Shanks and not someone else is already a huge W for Kid over Law.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Then you do accept that even if one uses a sword like King, he doesn't become a swordsman which every one was hell bent on using to prove it about Shanks. If Shanks is not a bonafied Swordsman, Mihawk's epithet holds no front. There can be someone who uses Swords and still not be a swordsman ends all the debate. No need to drag along and bring headcannons.
King isnt a swordsman because as he himself explains "he doesnt stick to real forms and techniques in real battle". He isnt a swordsman because he has multiple other ways to fight, like his df, his pyrokinetics etc.

How Shanks fights is literally the same as what Zoro does... Haki on his sword.

Lmfaoooo they seriously thought Kid had a chance
:kobeha:
half ass doodoo crew
Vs
Teach + commanders + fleet
Shanks + commanders + fleet + allied Elbaf
Luffy + commanders + fleet + allied nation + Ancient weapons
LMFAO u can’t make this shit up

Kid Stan’s actually thought they had a chance
I told Kid stans he was never going to be a relevant contender because of his weak crew.
It can legit be argued that just the weakling trio could defeat Kid crew outside Killer. What would they do against Monster Chopper and Nami with Zeus? They have zero feats nor hype

Why doesn't it? If King can be not a swordsman, you guys were talking big about every Sword user being a swordsman and how that makes Shanks < Mihawk. Cannon material= Shanks negs a 3 billion pirate while Mihawk stalls vs Vista.
It does just take one line for shanks to differentiate himself from Mihawk. Same thing Mr. 1 and King said, until he says that tho, I would bet on mihawk.

But I won’t be shocked if Shanks says something like that.

So Zoro is foolish here? And cannon material isn't true? Lol, what have you been smoking? Give me one panel that says Shanks is a swordsman.
The databook referred to Shanks as top class swordsman. And again, he was Mihawk's rival. Do you think Mihawk considers someone his peer and rival in swordsmanship which he honors, who just randomly picked up a sword which he exchanges for a gun on occassion

:choppawhat:

And again, what abilities could Shanks have apart from swordsmanship with one arm and without a DF? So isn't being a top class swordsman, user of a supreme grade sword and being Mihawk's rival enough? What else do you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.