Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but I think Luffy's treatment is horrible and I would never wish for Zoro to be treated that way.
He doesnt win because he is strong but because he gets infinite chances and he is aware of that, lol.
Every single major fight in the past was won by him having several attempts, never in one go...

That's where Zoro is supreme, never loses and always wins from the first try.
And I would never trade that with Luffy's treatment. In Wano, Luffy had 0 plot lines, nothing was connected to him.
Oda doesnt scare away to give him Ls and to use him as a hype tool, that's not safe. Zoro is the only one safe from such.
That's cause Luffy gets a much stronger opponent than Zoro.
You can say that Luffy needing multiple rounds is a bad showing regardless, it's upto taste. Ultimately, Luffy at least get close to the opponent level by the end of each arcs, even if he's weaker.
Het gets fights which are more drawn out, with more combat abilities, etc.

How can you say with a straight face that Luffy had zero plotlines in Wano lol.
Luffy was the plotline itself. Joyboy/Nika lore and thematics directly connect him to the arc.

Oda uses Luffy as a hype tool, only to more than compensate soon enough.

Most of the provocation is initiated by Luffy sanji and shanks stans whenever he does something. You expect Mihawk fans to bow down because he is yet to display his abilities just like Dragon who is also being heavily restricted
Zoro fans brought it to themselves the usual group

Status
Not open for further replies.