Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably true, however I'm guessing Kid looks better than the spoilers suggest. At the very least, I think the move Shanks uses to take him out will be more impressive than Roger's slash, even if they are similar or have the same name.

Also, I'm guessing Kid and Killer will be hyped against Shanks's fleet. The spoilers even state Shanks is mad at him for injuring his subordinate captains.

Oden stopped Roger's lethality with his own sword. Kidd's metal lack that durability, still I don't think k it was a 1 shot.

Being fans or not doesn't have to do with who you rooting for

You'd think the one cheering Shanks are Shanks fans too??
Many of them are Mihawk/Zoro fans that have vendetta against Shanks more than any other
:gokulaugh:
Nah, my point was that "only 3 Kidd fans" was exaggeration, there should be more.
I still think Oda should have given Kidd at least a couple of panels of fight.

I also want to see the end of Law vs BB, why Oda must off-screen so much :noo:

Underdog theme is overused....I for once want to stand as an "equal"....being equal doesn't bad ...see Akainu vs Aokiji for example...Oda can give Shanks hype without disrespecting Bigmom and Kid....but his choices are weird...or maybe he just don't think through this much with this kind of stuff.....
he isnt a powerscale junkey. its plot driven .

early prets
luffy looked on par or even stronger than the villains from the get go

axe hand morgan, don krieg, arlong , buggy , kuro ,etc villains got tougher, inevitably that stopped. he needed powerups, started needing a bit of luck or multiple attempts to win. similar case here, from doflamingo onwards, I dont see him fighting a major villain he will be on par with at the start of the fight.

Give me a popular shounen MC which doesn't do that?
Naruto? Hokage kid with the most powerful demon sealed within his body
Ichigo? Shinigami-Quincy-Hollow hybrid, unique and OP
Deku started as a quirkless kid only to get the ultimate One for All from Allmight
Asta - another quirkless, I mean magicless MC, who got the craziest power of Antimagic, effectively cancelling whatever is thrown at him
Denji made a contract with the most powerful devil who can erase existence of other demons
Gon is a son of a crazy strong hunter Ging, although at least he has peers who are similar in terms of strength

Unfortunately, most of shounen MCs are sPeCiAL, but in case with Luffy I agree that it's going way too far, I kinda preferred him as a dude who made best of a supposedly shitty fruit.
Goku the OG low class saiyan :finally::finally::finally:

The last year Oda made a point by giving Mihawk a huge bounty and put Shanks in comparison for a reason.

Its the same case with Rayliegh. All these years there were people saying he is not top tier/he is not a swordsman/ he doesnt have acoc unless we see him use it (like there was even 0.01% chance that he didnt have it) blabla and a washed up old Ray was enough to scare the shit out of BB.

The whole problem is that Zoro haters cannot accept that by the end of the series Zoro will be on par if not stronger than the Yonko. Just get over it and everything will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.