Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Shanks looks godly in his onscreen debut fight that’s all that matters. Oda couldn’t give two fucks about Kidds past feats or portrayal. Making Shanks look insanely strong in his first onscreen fight is more important than all of that.

It’s time to accept that Kidd was just built up to be used as a hype tool for another character. Just cheap shonen writing at its finest.

Togashi clears every author in Jump :kayneshrug:
Yeah...

The issue I have is that in the future we might really see more of this bullshit.
We could really see Buggy become PK and shit like that.

Nope you look at all of Law's portrayal and feats, versus all of Kidd's portrayal and feats. He displayed Law's improved Haki feats, showed off mountain-level counterattacks, even let Law almost KO BB by sending him into the ocean. While the best Kidd got was a Future Sight headcanon. Night and day.
Law looked good because it was Blackbeard

The man was on the ground from a thunder bagua. Let’s not pretend like Kamusari wouldn’t 1 shot him.

Both Shanks and Blackbeard are seemingly very on the nose analogues for Order and Chaos. Its really that simple. They both probably embody everything the other hates. Then you have Luffy basically in the middle, who basically acts like both when he sees fit lol
Hmm Shanks wanna get One Piece, Luffy wanna get One Piece. They should have a confrontation.

But...Shanks protect his friends and allies like a true bro...so i cant picture what the cause of Luffy vs Shanks will be. I personally would like it if Oda make it a three-way battle of L vs S vs BB, but will Luffy even seriously have a reason to defeat Shanks when all Shanks habit is protecting his bros like this?

True but ngl this would have happened to Kidd no matter who he fought.
One-shotting a 3 Billion Bounty pirate AND his RHM... nah that is too crazy. It could've just been Killer and the rest of the crew but it had to be Kidd. Coupled with the fact that Kidd never got any Haki feats, any decent CoC showings, any impressive Awakening attacks like G5 or KROOM... Actually insane.

G

Gorosei Informer

Kidd can match base BM's strength using his magnetism but Shanks just oneshot him together with Kidd?

I mean...how much stronger, even, is Shanks' offensive power compared to BM, lol its insanity
Haki makes the biggest difference.

Kaido said Roger ruled the seas with haki alone, no DF. He said haki triumphs over devil fruits.

Oda purposely made BM "forget" she had Adv CoC at least vs Kidd and Law but had her wreck Page One with it lol.

Kamusari has CoC infused it and we know Shanks, Rayleigh, Roger have godly haki too

It was the CoC superiority BY FAR which overwhelmed and knocked out Kidd and Killer. Shanks willpower is far more SUPREME and disciplined but its still ridiculous that Kidd didn't even get to fight at all nor even try to tank it like Zoro with Hakai especially.

Oda really wanted to have Shanks stomp Kidd entirely to wank Luffys "true rival"and idol and show merciless superiority.

I'm extremely disappointed Kidds DF powers and awakening (I mean using assign and such vs them) didn't even get a chance to try and shine.

Kidd in his arrogance/stupidity went for his strongest, most dangerous and devastating attack, forcing Shanks to take extreme action and shut him down immediately before Kidds insanely reckless escalation and powers wrecked all his allies (the fleet I mean) and part of Elbaf too ofc.

Kidd left himself open by planning to make himself into a giant turret and thus be a sitting duck for Shanks to close the distance and shut him down too.

Shanks haki is utterly devastating and way stronger than the other Yonkos. Haki god for a reason lol. He's the closest one to Rogers level right now.

It fucking sucks to see Kidd get shredded like this but its not surprising either. It makes sense to me but that's also because I've had to abandon a lot of logic with OP and just go with the flow, including that infamous fight with Law and him vs Big Mom.
Neither Law or Kidd used haki, Law only used it as far I remember to counter Doc Qs stupid fruit lol.

Given everything Kidd has suffered through and endured, his UNBREAKABLE resilience, he should have AMAZING CoC and haki blooms, but alas. Fucking Oda man.

Probably killed his dog and set it on fire too, and like bullied him throughout his entire life or something. Oda literally treating kidd like pure garbage is hilarious but I find it insane how little he seems to respect the character
I’ve been a fan of Kid for a long time and even with all the Ls I’ve always pushed back against the “Odda hates Kid” shit but after this I’m seeing that maybe everyone was right

Even then Kidd was mostly riding off of Law's equal portrayal hype, Kidd fans never really got a decent standalone platform. So this L is even more devastating. Ain't no way Oda is gonna do Law this dirty though.
I would argue right now against this bullshit narrative of “Kidd riding off Law” but honestly, I’ve lost all energy to do all that shit anymore. Who cares anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.