Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh... Shanks literal says... On panel...

If anyone wants to keep fighting, then we will be your opponents...

You think if Sengoku ordered the Marines to attack, Shanks would have been like "just kidding, I was just trying to intimidate you. Please let's stop fighting."
I’m not saying he won’t fight them you slow ass, try and understand what I’ve been saying the entire time lol
Do you think he’d kill a knocked out and helpless person already? If Akainu was lying on the floor unconscious, he’d kill him?
That’s essentially what he let happen with Kid after all that previous speeches. If you die from Shanks’ hit then fine, but if he already knocked you out, why would he need to kill you. Especially after all that talk with weeding out the leaders of the new gen. He let that happen to Kid.

G

Gorosei Informer

Hmm Shanks wanna get One Piece, Luffy wanna get One Piece. They should have a confrontation.

But...Shanks protect his friends and allies like a true bro...so i cant picture what the cause of Luffy vs Shanks will be. I personally would like it if Oda make it a three-way battle of L vs S vs BB, but will Luffy even seriously have a reason to defeat Shanks when all Shanks habit is protecting his bros like this?
Davy Back Fight would be the best scenario imo.

if you had normal expectations Kid didn’t look that bad imo

I love how damned punk isn’t his ultimate attack like everyone claimed, but rather seems to be something he can do casually.

Since he can spam DP, he’s easily worth 3 billion imo.
Normal expectations? Kidd wasnt equal to an emperor true but he should atleast push a top tier to a mid diff fight is what I expected. Not getting one shot. Though maybe Shanks used a higher end move here who knows at this point. Id expect a Death Destroyer Bagua to lay him out too but Kaido never goes hard on fights against people, Shanks seems to be different and wanted to end things as fast as possible.

The only issue is Shanks is 4 billion, but is probably worth 5 billion.
Oda disagrees, his bounty is what he decided he is worth.

G

Gorosei Informer

It's probably true though. In Wano it wasn't as obvious because Luffy also got dunked on early on by Kaido so it kinda passively redeemed Kidd in the process, and he still fought decently against the two emperors so it was still debatable back then. Now? I feel like it's way too obvious Oda basically used kidd for his own devices and has some kind of distaste for him, unless we get another gotcha moment but that just seems weird at that point
Feels like Sanji all over again but with the Supernovas.

Kidd is Odas current hype tool/worf effect.

Unfortunately, the only young talent the author wants you to root for in this manga is an ultra acclaimed deitie who wears a Strawhat and his RHM lmao
I agree but reading this serie for so many years I have at least affection for Luffy (but he shares with Shanks the fact that he's basically a deity), and Zoro I always liked regardless. Still, Law is the best out of those 3 for me.

Law looked good because it was Blackbeard

The man was on the ground from a thunder bagua. Let’s not pretend like Kamusari wouldn’t 1 shot him.
The man got up from TB and teleported himself and Zoro down the castle. Ate a whole barrage of CoA punches from BM whereas Queen a ZOAN got two-shotted by hakiless braindead O-Lin.

Law looks good because Oda likes him and will not shit on him without some impressive displays. Plain as that.

I think Ive become too old for this manga tbh. Its become clear that Oda just doesnt care anymore. Kidd was done very very very dirty, especially after he was built up in Wano with Killer beating Hawkins and then Law and Him beating BM albeit with many many many asterixes I felt like Kidd was destined for more but I guess Oda just baited us.

@MarineHQ @Peroroncino
This happens every time.
Y'all have these big dreams for fictitious characters and are suddenly shocked when your headcanon doesn't come true.
Let me tell you something.
Luffy got CLAPPED by Kaidou at the beginning of Wano.. Did Luffy fans give up?
Sanji got clapped by Doflamingo despite using his best attacks.. Did Sanji fans give up?
I do not know what you thought would happen here, either, as Kidd is literally up against one of the most hyped Yonko members ever bar Kaidou. It was clear he wouldn't win. Perhaps this is a brutal defeat, but this is the defeat of a guy who murdered innocent people for no reason.. Still think he didn't deserve it?
Not to mention that Kidd needed to jump an Emperor before and had only won because he got lucky and threw her out of the island. And Big Mom is cocky. Shanks is serious. That's the difference.
They're out of the playground, they ain't playing soccer on the playground anymore, this is hardcore Rugby.

But if Kidd with help wasn't sent flying to kingdom and still got one shotted we can't even scale him to YC Oden.
With advanced haki you can make it a forceful push, like what Rayleigh did with the elephant, or you can damage from within and destroy the opponent on the spot. The former is when you're not trying to kill the opponent, and Roger wasn't trying to kill Oden.

Oden still clears Kid's whole crew put together though lmao
:fujilaugh:

Normal expectations? Kidd wasnt equal to an emperor true but he should atleast push a top tier to a mid diff fight is what I expected. Not getting one shot. Though maybe Shanks used a higher end move here who knows at this point. Id expect a Death Destroyer Bagua to lay him out too but Kaido never goes hard on fights against people, Shanks seems to be different and wanted to end things as fast as possible.

Oda disagrees, his bounty is what he decided he is worth.
It was mid diff

Look at how Luffy fought Lucci without even using ACoA. That’s low diff.

This is like if Luffy used over kong gun at the start of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.