Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man got up from TB and teleported himself and Zoro down the castle. Ate a whole barrage of CoA punches from BM whereas Queen a ZOAN got two-shotted by hakiless braindead O-Lin.

Law looks good because Oda likes him and will not shit on him without some impressive displays. Plain as that.
Oda definitely likes him more

but that doesn’t mean much powerscaling wise

Hmm Shanks wanna get One Piece, Luffy wanna get One Piece. They should have a confrontation.

But...Shanks protect his friends and allies like a true bro...so i cant picture what the cause of Luffy vs Shanks will be. I personally would like it if Oda make it a three-way battle of L vs S vs BB, but will Luffy even seriously have a reason to defeat Shanks when all Shanks habit is protecting his bros like this?
Shanks protects the weak. This cjapter confirms he protected those at Wano from Ryo to let the recover. He continued to destroy Kid after asking if he recovered from Wano.

Luffy is also not his ally. Competing for One Piece is not the same thing, since Luffy also said they'd have to fight. Luffy himself even says in PH that he wants to defeat Shanks. My profile picture is Shanks looking at leaving and talking about how he wants to meet Luffy in a menacing manner

Shanks also talks about finding Barto and dealing with him lol, they are not allies.

This happens every time.
Y'all have these big dreams for fictitious characters and are suddenly shocked when your headcanon doesn't come true.
Let me tell you something.
Luffy got CLAPPED by Kaidou at the beginning of Wano.. Did Luffy fans give up?
Sanji got clapped by Doflamingo despite using his best attacks.. Did Sanji fans give up?
I do not know what you thought would happen here, either, as Kidd is literally up against one of the most hyped Yonko members ever bar Kaidou. It was clear he wouldn't win. Perhaps this is a brutal defeat, but this is the defeat of a guy who murdered innocent people for no reason.. Still think he didn't deserve it?
Not to mention that Kidd needed to jump an Emperor before and had only won because he got lucky and threw her out of the island. And Big Mom is cocky. Shanks is serious. That's the difference.
They're out of the playground, they ain't playing soccer on the playground anymore, this is hardcore Rugby.
? I have no headcanon, Oda built up Kidd in Wano, gave Killer a dedicated chapter and fight to cheer for his captain and Kidd took down BM albeit with a lot of help and plot but still. Kidd/Killer/Law/Luffy/Zoro had the panel of the new gen ushering in the dawn,etc

Any reader would then assume that Kidd will have relevance going forward. Oda just straight up baited us.

Normal expectations? Kidd wasnt equal to an emperor true but he should atleast push a top tier to a mid diff fight is what I expected. Not getting one shot. Though maybe Shanks used a higher end move here who knows at this point. Id expect a Death Destroyer Bagua to lay him out too but Kaido never goes hard on fights against people, Shanks seems to be different and wanted to end things as fast as possible.

Oda disagrees, his bounty is what he decided he is worth.
I doubt Death Destroyer Bagua would take any of the 3 SNs out. TB was treated like a mid-level move and didn't do a lasting impression against Luffy or Law. Will Kidd take a lot of damage from DDB sure but one-shot? Maybe more like 3-shot at best.

On the whim theory (Kidd goes WB route instead of Moriah)

- Kidd will join Blackbeard as one of his Titanic captains in order to get revenge on Shanks
- Blackbeard will succeed in killing Shanks. Kidd will have a major role
- Kidd will be grateful but can't stand BB. He ultimately deserts in the new God Valley war OR he loses to Strawhat pirate Law (Oden route, agrees to join for 1 year to realize his dream)

If he deserts and isn't simply defeated by Law
- Kidd will build a new crew. His dream will be to sail safely with his crew that he considers family.
- Kidd will be known at the end of the series as the strongest man in the world (in title and with most big players gone).

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Feels like Sanji all over again but with the Supernovas.

Kidd is Odas current hype tool/worf effect.
That's definitely the best way to put it yeah. Kidd was portrayed as fairly strong and has a 3Bil bounty (Id argue it should be lower than Law's and Luffy's but whatever) thing is that's like the perfect tool to hype up Shanks by having him one shot him with Kamusari, just to show how strong Shanks is. The cost being that a supposedly strong character gets fucking wiped off of the face of the manga, and the sanity of every kidd fan as well :kobeha:

I doubt Death Destroyer Bagua would take any of the 3 SNs out. TB was treated like a mid-level move and didn't do a lasting impression against Luffy or Law. Will Kidd take a lot of damage from DDB sure but one-shot? Maybe more like 3-shot at best.
Roaring Thunder Bagua killed G4 ACoC Luffy, Death Destroyer Bagua is a level above that. It would KO anyone of them. Unless you think Law and Kidd have G5 lvls of durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.