General & Others So what was the point of Kidd defeating Big Mom then?

I remember when I asked why is Big Mom in Wano for, yall told me so that she can get defeated by the new generation Kid/Law and it will lead to somewhere. So now she is defeated, then Oda's next incoherent idea is to have Kidd get one shotted by Shanks. So this is the plan yall told me will lead to somewhere?

Last edited:
I remember when I asked why is Big Mom in Wano for, yall told me so that she can get defeated by the new generation Kid/Law and it will lead to somewhere. So now she is defeated, then Oda's next incoherent idea is to have Kidd get one shotted by Shanks. So this is the plan yall told me will lead to somewhere?

Needed her out of the story asap so BB can get his hands on Pudding without much fallout.
Oda is suffering from creator's regret after making up too many characters and now he is finding ways of cutting off the surplus. First Meme, now Midd. Oda is taking no prisoners. :pepebusi:
This is your answer, Big mom shouldn't had been in Wano who was bloating with characters.

But we already too late in story to go back and take her down after wano, Oda realized that we wouldn't had time to deal with her after WCI, and we need to move to final war after Wano.

So big mom has to go.

The whole structure of Wano was a bit weird with 2 big villains. That probably was already a twist taking BM to Wano (and indeed she played her double -amnesia role) so that Law and Kidd had work to do too and the arc resembled (at least in Oda plans) in a miniature Marineford arc with plenty of big shots fighting. The best result of this was the rooftop fight but now that Kidd had no longer a use and is just an unwanted surplus in the PK race Oda cut him out. Now I want to see what happens to Law. He will not be this brutal again (Oda make him suffer also because of excessive cockiness, same as Ace) but something important has to happen either way (or simply BB wins but Law escapes without any big damage, BB gets the road poneglyphs and maybe Law preserves a copy too, so he somewhat stays in the race, for now, unlike Kidd).

Last edited:
Big Mom had to lose for the alliance to win. Simple as that. Luffy was busy with Kaido, Oda who is used to clown BM threw Kidd and Law against her and nerfed her the whole fight.

Kidd has no great purpose in this manga, it was never implied, there was no build up of his character. Nothing suggested that he would be playing a great role later in the story