General & Others So what was the point of Kidd defeating Big Mom then?

What does defeating one character have to do with them losing to another lol? Also, his destiny, regardless, would be to lose to Luffy. Nobody is becoming PK save for him. Kid and Law already were inferior considering they needed to beat BM together. Its that simple.

That said, Kid will be back. It was painfully obvious he would be reduced to an ally and not PK rival. He has no viable crew to fight Luffy, same with Law.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
So this is the plan yall told me will lead to somewhere?
It turned out that Big Mom was an optional side quest, just like Supernovas were.
Oda is slowly cleaning up all the side quests so he can focus on the main quests.
He literally went out and said - You can start reading OP after Wano, it would be like you didnt miss much.

According to his own words, OP was always a story about beating 4 Emperors so everything else is an optional side quest.
The only unclear thing is whether the current 4 Emperors are the same as in the initial plan because it's hard to believe Buggy was initially intended as an Emperor.

It turned out that Big Mom was an optional side quest, just like Supernovas were.
Oda is slowly cleaning up all the side quests so he can focus on the main quests.
He literally went out and said - You can start reading OP after Wano, it would be like you didnt miss much.

According to his own words, OP was always a story about beating 4 Emperors so everything else is an optional side quest.
The only unclear thing is whether the current 4 Emperors are the same as in the initial plan because it's hard to believe Buggy was initially intended as an Emperor.
Big Mom and Kaido were intended to be Paradise villains, it's clear from how things were set up.

Then Warlords came into play and things got complicated

Who knows if Big Mom and Kaido were even the Original two yonkos Oda had in mind back then

Oda is insisting on completing his original plan for the manga

Big Mom and Kaido were intended to be Paradise villains, it's clear from how things were set up.

Who knows if Big Mom and Kaido were even the Original two yonkos Oda had in mind back then

I think if you are going by "super early" one piece concepts, then maybe this was true, but he planned on them being NW threats as early as post-Enies Lobby.

Oda likes to blame his story elongation on the shichibukai, but they are literally as old as the manga itself and Mihawk was introduced like year 2 of the manga.

I personally have enjoyed the progression of Doflamingo, Katakuri and Kaido. Its just clear that Oda reduced BMs role once Luffy dealt with her YCs. As Morgan's mentioned, he technically already won by that point in the story, and she became irrelevant.

Im sure there was intent to have her be an Elbaf villain or at least a major character when WCI was being developed, but then he refocused Wano into resolving both Yonko. He never intended for her to lose in WCI at least, because he even confirmed that at one point, Katakuri wasnt even meant to happen, but he had to have Luffy grow in power before Kaido.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

I doubt any Emperor was intended as Paradise villain and I havent heard of such concept from Oda either.
We know for sure that initially, Buggy was planned to be Buggy since he is literally among first pirates SHs encountered.
He is the first one to encounter the 3 triggers of the story.

Maybe his journey was always intended to be from nobody to Emperor and possibly more.
If that is the case, then Kaido and Big Mom were optional addition to the story.
However, story of beating 4 Emperors means that Luffy isnt an Emperor so one spot is still free.

Without Luffy, there is a spot for either Kaido or Big Mom and I think Kaido was in the original plan.
The whole post-TS was practically a build-up towards him, however, his end is where it is suspicious.
It is like he never existed. No reaction from the world whatsoever...

Maybe Mihawk was intended as an Emperor initially.
However, in the actual manga, he ended up with a personality that isnt interested in such.
Probably, at this point, even Oda doesnt know which way to go and is winging the chapters as they come.
Ending is probably the same as initially planned but everything in between ended up changing.

Hype tool for Shanks or there's going to be short training arc for Kidd.
It's not even a good feat for Shanks really. The readers saw how Law carried the fuck out of Kid during the fight with Big Meme. People had questioning Kid's strength for a while. If Oda thought this was a good feat, then he is more disconnected from the readers than he thinks. And since we're approaching the end of the series, I don't think Kid is getting a training arc or anything. I think he's done. Might be alive and appear again, but he won't do anything of note.

Honestly I think Oda is getting rid of Kid because drawing his fruit powers is a huge pain for him and the assistants and/or just doesn't know what to do with him in the story. :kayneshrug:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Warlords, teach and shanks+ wg were planned

It's not even a good feat for Shanks really. The readers saw how Law carried the fuck out of Kid during the fight with Big Meme. People had questioning Kid's strength for a while. If Oda thought this was a good feat, then he is more disconnected from the readers than he thinks. And since we're approaching the end of the series, I don't think Kid is getting a training arc or anything. I think he's done. Might be alive and appear again, but he won't do anything of note.

Honestly I think Oda is getting rid of Kid because drawing his fruit powers is a huge pain for him and the assistants and/or just doesn't know what to do with him in the story. :kayneshrug:
I think it’s very obvious Oda powerscales a lot different that us
Post automatically merged:

Warlords, teach and shanks+ wg were planned
Warlords weren’t

Man needs to get some Jump interns to gather data or something.
It wouldn't do anything

Remember that his wife literally pulls him aside because he way too often acts rude without noticing it, he has an aggressive Personality and The Interns are young enough to be his kids, combined with Japan's respect culture they would just fall back

He outright said he didn't give a shit if people disliked Nika, and told Female fans he didn't care about them in 2010.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I think it’s very obvious Oda powerscales a lot different that us
Post automatically merged:

Warlords weren’t
Mihawk was introduced as warlord very early. And, Warlords were supposed to be villains and not yonkous

This goes in line with teach planning to become warlord

Mihawk was introduced as warlord very early. And, Warlords were supposed to be villains and not yonkous

This goes in line with teach planning to become warlord
Oda has said Warlords weren’t a thing in his original plan. Mihawk was likely something else in his mind