General & Others Does Luffy need 2 more strawhats?

Does luffy need to recruit 2 more members to be even with blackbeard's commander number? Both luffy and shanks have 9 main crew and under them with blackbeard now having at least 11 now. Him having a 10th titanic captain + previous admiral kuzan seemingly working for him

Shanks can make up that gap teaming up with cross guild main cause crocodile and mihawk

Luffy so far doesn't really have anyone set in stone. Like momonosuke, kinemon, and yamato are basically honorary strawhats that can join whenever they want but idk if theyll play a role against blackbeard or shanks

Luffy missing 2 members in comparison to blackbeard and potentially shanks would also put him in the underdog role again when it comes to becoming pirate king. With him still needing to still catch up to them and surpass them.
He's obviously going to surpass roger and whitebeard when it comes to individual + crew strength but first he needs to start of with surpassing shanks and blackbeard
1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Usopp
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei
10. -
11. Luffy himself
How exactly you count two more captains? Teach have only 10 captains. So 10 vs 10 is fair enough.

Plus we probably already know who is tenth member of SH - Yamato is going to join when SH go to Raftel. If not her then maybe Vivi or anyone else.

1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Usopp
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei
10. -

How exactly you count two more captains? Teach have only 10 captains. So 10 vs 10 is fair enough.

Plus we probably already know who is tenth member of SH - Yamato is going to join when SH go to Raftel. If not her then maybe Vivi or anyone else.
Blackbeard has:
1. Blackbeard
2. Burgess
3. Shiryu
4. Van Augur
5. Pizarro
6. Lafitte
7. Devon
8. Sanjuan
9. Vasco
10. Doc Q
11. Stronger
12. Tenth captain
13. Kuzan

Not to mention the possible addition of Moriah

And cmon, Yamato is staying in wano.

Stronger is just a horse...common that is not a real member, that could count as one. This is far from Chopper.
And cmon, Yamato is staying in wano.
Naah, Imagine Yamato joins now? Oda need time to develop other SH including Sanji to let Yamato join crew. She will be like Oden, that's for sure. Maybe next cover story will be about Yamato.
Not to mention the possible addition of Moriah
I doubt it.

Stronger is just a horse...common that is not a real member, that could count as one. This is far from Chopper.

Naah, Imagine Yamato joins now? Oda need time to develop other SH including Sanji to let Yamato join crew. She will be like Oden, that's for sure. Maybe next cover story will be about Yamato.

I doubt it.
Stronger has a mythical zoan fruit and Monster the monkey is known as an officer in Shanks’ crew.

plus cmon Chopper has never really won a fight in the series, he’s not fighting both Q and Stronger imo.

And cmon, Yamato stayed back right as the straw hats are getting in the endgame. There’s no point in her joining if she’s not going to be in the egghead incident

Chopper has a mythical zoan fruit and Monster the monkey is known as an officer in Shanks’ crew.

plus cmon Chopper has never really won a fight in the series, he’s not fighting both Q and Stronger imo.

And cmon, Yamato stayed back right as the straw hats are getting in the endgame. There’s no point in her joining if she’s not going to be in the egghead incident
Chopper will awake who knows what shit. I was saying this, when I dropped OP, that in last saga we will got ass pull power ups. If you are not ready to this then stop reading. I returned, and I'm ready to see this shit to happen.
Anyway I believe Brook will be Doc Q opponent. So he can defeate both. He is dead so will have immune to all Doc Q abilities. But who knows we will see.
Why you think that Tenth captain is not Kuzan? Plus if Kuzan will betray BB then there will no reason to find a replacement for him. 11 vs 11

Yamato stayed back for now, before Big Incident happened. Straw Hats are far from end game, they need one more Road Poneglyph and we don't know where it was hidden. So we need to finish at least two more arcs: EggHead island and Road Poneglyph Island. Only then then SH will go for One Piece.

Chopper will awake who knows what shit. I was saying this, when I dropped OP, that in last saga we will got ass pull power ups. If you are not ready to this then stop reading. I returned, and I'm ready to see this shit to happen.
Anyway I believe Brook will be Doc Q opponent. So he can defeate both. He is dead so will have immune to all Doc Q abilities. But who knows we will see.

Why you think that Tenth captain is not Kuzan? Plus if Kuzan will betray BB then there will no reason to find a replacement for him. 11 vs 11

Yamato stayed back for now, before Big Incident happened. Straw Hats are far from end game, they need one more Road Poneglyph and we don't know where it was hidden. So we need to finish at least two more arcs: EggHead island and Road Poneglyph Island. Only then then SH will go for One Piece.
1. Yeah Brook vs Doc Q, Chopper vs Stronger.
2. Kuzan isn’t the tenth captain, the tenth captain was known back in dressrosa to citizens but the WG mentioned Kuzans association was all rumor. He’s not the tenth captain.
3. Yamato stayed back because she’s not going to be a straw hat. The good bye was more about Momo than Yamato afterall. Yamato will more likely get defeated by people taking pluton.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Unless some strawhats defeat multiple blackbeard pirates the diffs in numbers/man power is still gonna be there tho

Blackbeard and mihawk potentially having 11 each including a top tier. The strawhats dont have that yet. To get that imo luffy is gonna either have to recruit a bit more like blackbeard or ally potentially like shanks
I could see Chopper fighting Doc Q and Stronger at the same time. But then Stronger isn't a Commander.

Luffy can always has allies to fight for him. I personally don't see Aokiji staying with the Blackbeard Pirates and the 10th Titanic will fight the Strawhats's powerful ally.

Feels like the 10th Titanic captain will face the Yamato's equivalent of The Final War (strong ally like Viper, Kyros). Whether this figure will join the SHs remains to be seen.
I will say this too, if Yamato doesn't join after Wano after spamming the shit out of "I want to join your crew" for the entirety of her existence, then there's like 0.01% chance that we will get another new member this late into the story. At best Yamato will come back and become the official member.

1. Yeah Brook vs Doc Q, Chopper vs Stronger.
2. Kuzan isn’t the tenth captain, the tenth captain was known back in dressrosa to citizens but the WG mentioned Kuzans association was all rumor. He’s not the tenth captain.
3. Yamato stayed back because she’s not going to be a straw hat. The good bye was more about Momo than Yamato afterall. Yamato will more likely get defeated by people taking pluton.
nonsence.
Luffy said in the very begining he wanted 10 member crew.
His 11-th member is from fleet. Each captain on fleet has own number.

If Moria is joining BB then that makes it 12?
I liked the Idea of Luffy +12 SHs but not that much anymore since the story is already pretty late for that.
There had been so much opportunity for some new nakamas if Oda really wanted to add some members but he didn't. So I'm not so sure if there will be another addition.

Luffy needs 2 less strawhats tbh, there is already too many for Oda to give panel time
I feel like the BBP will be the last fight for most of the Strawhats, a sniper and a doctor should be Usopp and Chopper's final opponents, who are they going to fight after them, some no name low ranking Marines?
The same way that Zoro won't beat Mihawk and then go fight Kizaru, Fuji or whatever, characters that aren't even swordsmen or in the run for WSS.