Will Garp die at the end of this arc?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanks isnt an antagonist?

I also never said he was irrelevant, he is dying so Luffy goes off
You literally do not know this. He is effectively is an antagonist currently because by definition, he inhibits the protagonists goal (Pirate King) by being a Yonko and looking for RPs

Its amazing to me that people read that:

- Luffy wants to defeat Shanks In Punk Hazard ("as long as Shanks isnt first")
- Shanks having an ominous face in 903 about meeting Luffy
- Talking about a "certain pirate" with literal Genocidal maniacs in 907 (and yet, not saying its Blackbeard)
- Talking ominously about The One Piece in 1054
- Ransacking Kid, who was essentially Luffy's ally and will continue to be, with absolutely no remorse in 1079.

And yet continue to not understand this. Shanks is not helping Luffy in the way you think he is.

You literally do not know this. He is effectively is an antagonist currently because by definition, he inhibits the protagonists goal (Pirate King) by being a Yonko and looking for RPs

Its amazing to me that people read that:

- Luffy wants to defeat Shanks In Punk Hazard ("as long as Shanks isnt first")
- Shanks having an ominous face in 903 about meeting Luffy
- Talking about a "certain pirate" with literal Genocidal maniacs in 907 (and yet, not saying its Blackbeard)
- Talking ominously about The One Piece in 1054
- Ransacking Kid, who was essentially Luffy's ally and will continue to be, with absolutely no remorse in 1079.
either way

hes getting fraudwalked

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It does not matter, because thats not the point of the conversation. By that logic, Shanks is more important than Blackbeard because he's older and referenced more lol. Do you really want to bark up this tree?
Shanks isn't a villain

Second, among all the big dogs - kaido, BM, Admirals, Garp, Dragon, Shanks, Mihawk

BB has been most fleshed out before he even got his arc. He has been involved in more plots than any big dogs.This is fact. Not even shanks enjoy this

Shanks isn't a villain

Second, among all the big dogs - kaido, BM, Admirals, Garp, Dragon, Shanks, Mihawk

BB has been most fleshed out before he even got his arc. He has been involved in more plots than any big dogs.This is fact. Not even shanks enjoy this
Shanks is far more egnimatic than Blackbeard ever was as a character. We KNOW what Blackbeard wants. We do NOT KNOW what Shanks wants. You absolutely cannot play the non-antagonist card (please, stop calling him a villain) because you do not know his true goals.

This is the same man that talked about trashing Barto, Luffy's ally, after he disrespected his flag. What do you think is happening here? Why are you denying what is being shown to you on the page

@Elder Lee Hung I would hope for Aokiji to stand his ground against Garp. He has one of the strongest fruits, an awakened top tier Logia. If he gets folded by an old geezer, the Haki vs DF debate would be over. Even if they are equally matched, it's critical, since Aokiji has decent Haki himself and is at his prime against an old man.
Even then it might still be very circumstancial and not too conclusive in the grand scheme of things.
What if Garp destroys one move thanks to ID (CoC) CoA, one move he dodges thanks to Geppou and one thanks to FS for example?
You get where I'm aiming at. Nearly all of the other top tiers would still not be bullet proof against those, cause Garp would be one of the few that can do all three.

That's just an example of course. But if it would be anything like that it would pretty much just speak for Garp and Aokiji would still be neat.
I can even see Oda doing something like this
Imo ability interactions will get a much bigger focus from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.