General & Others Thoughts On Oda’s Cross Guild Idea?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
It's trash.

Mihawk should have went his own way and joined up with Shanks to fight Blackbeard.

Crocodile should have started something similar but by breaking Doflamingo out of Impel Down.

Buggy legit ruins the story with his gags. Yes the comedic moments are good for a small chuckle but when we have a Hercule 2.0 on our hands it becomes a bit ridiculous.
BB wouldnt have been able to win if he Shanks and mihawk teamed up

I personally think this will be the main line up
3 of these characters who were present at Roger's execution are already here. Only Doffy left to break free from Impel Down and Moria to escape from Beehive/Fullalead.
They are also the ones with PK ambition at one point (save for Mihawk, but imo hes the exception because the others are not former villains against Luffy). Kuma, Jinbe, Hancock, Weevil and Law also really do not fit the mold, but I can see Weevil qualifying as well since he's practically an enigma.

Really outside of this comes people from the Underworld or the other Level 6 escapees, but im guessing the latter actually may be with the Burned Scar Man

I like the idea and the recent chapter with Buggy declaring they're going after the One Piece was great. Cross Guild still needs some more development on the side of Crocodile and Mihawk which will surely be explored in future chapters, we know Croc still has aspiration to become Pirate King deep down and Mihawk is staying on as it will put him on a crash course to many strong swordsman (Zoro, Shiryu, Shanks).

I now think Oda does take CG seriously. Just a chapter ago I thought CG is just for movie material or someshit and won't have any big impact on the story. But Oda took an entire chapter to show us that CG does have a move, and their action impacts the world.
Fuck me the "death" of T-Bone has more reaction than the defeat of 2 fucking Yonko. That's fucking insane lol

I loved the idea, but as time goes on the more unfitting it feels for Mihawk.

I was saying this to @Seth earlier, but I think Mihawk should've just become a freelance hitman after the Warlords got disbanded.

Accept contracts to take out whoever he's been requested to take out, traveling alone on his coffin boat again.

Oda's East Blue depiction of Mihawk as a character is a far cry from what he is now.

How can you even justify him traveling all the way to Baratie on a whim just to mess with Don Krieg if later on he's gonna keep insisting that all he wants is to stay out of the way.

The biggest personality trait that's been emphasized about Mihawk is that he's always bored and looking for something to excite him. How can he go from saying that he felt a thrill to think about being chased again, but then say he wants peace and quiet?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

I was saying this to @Seth earlier, but I think Mihawk should've just become a freelance hitman after the Warlords got disbanded.

Accept contracts to take out whoever he's been requested to take out, traveling alone on his coffin boat again.

Oda's East Blue depiction of Mihawk as a character is a far cry from what he is now.

How can you even justify him traveling all the way to Baratie on a whim just to mess with Don Krieg if later on he's gonna keep insisting that all he wants is to stay out of the way.

The biggest personality trait that's been emphasized about Mihawk is that he's always bored and looking for something to excite him. How can he go from saying that he felt a thrill to think about being chased again, but then say he wants peace and quiet?
True at the same time though he was a Warlord for a reason, so no one can bother him.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

How can you even justify him traveling all the way to Baratie on a whim just to mess with Don Krieg if later on he's gonna keep insist that all he wants is to stay out of the way.

To all people who consider themselves "readers" with no agenda. I recommend going back to Chapter 51 and compare it to the current Chapter.

This is not the same ****.

Fuck, even before the forming of CG Mihawk was like: "Nfufu, I feel excited".

Mihawk now: Pwlease no attack me".

Yeah Mihawk's character is all over the place. It's like Oda doesn't know which personality Mihawk must have.

Mihawk is a shitty written character which is why the views on him are so drastically different
He's bored, but does not seek thrill of battle. There are countless modes of fighting besides sword duels.
He even refuses to fight Shanks, arguably one of 2 or 3 swordsmen who can push him to his limits.
He's the "Naval Hunter", but the moment Warlords were disbanded he says "its been a long time since I've been chased"
"I don't remember name of fodder trash" -> proceeds to give Daz Bones a shoutout
Marco gives him no consideration and asks Vista to fight him, they end up postponing
He's still the WSS with a big bounty, and "better sword skills" than Shanks whatever that is

Like even some of his hardcore fans don't know what they're stanning at times, I'm not surprised one minute by both his slander and wank

True at the same time though he was a Warlord for a reason, so no one can bother him.
There seems to be massive inconsistencies with who Mihawk is at his core.

On one hand, he's supposed to be constantly looking for his new greatest rival and is interested in strong opponents. But at the same time, he just wants to sit on his ass in peace and quiet.

And even if his primary motivation is living a peaceful life, I don't see how being a part of Cross Guild benefits him at all. They've put an even bigger target on their backs now that they pulled an Uno Reverse card on the WG, because now the WG will make it a priority to attack CG.

Mihawk really shouldn't have an issue with marines coming after him either tbh. Knowing that even Doffy got an admiral sent after him, there's no reason why the WG should be sending anything less than that to get Mihawk. Sending waves of fodder and VAs wouldn't make any sense. So in reality, the only marines getting sent after Mihawk should be admirals, and that should be a good thing for him because if even East Blue Zoro was enough to kill his boredom, an admiral is a fucking gold mine lmao. Especially when you consider that all 3 of them are sword users at this point in time :kobeha: