Future Events Sabo's EoS match-up is finally confirmed : Sabo vs Holy Knight

Oda seems to make a clear distinction between the WG and Navy. While the Navy is the armed force of the WG, they are not the WG. Navy main role is to fight pirates, outlaws in general and protect the citizens (protecting the CD is important, especially for admirals but it’s not their MAIN activity) while groups like Cipher Pol, Holy Knights take care of WG’s direct opponents.

it’d make the most sense for the Navy top dogs to fall to pirates

Oda seems to make a clear distinction between the WG and Navy. While the Navy is the armed force of the WG, they are not the WG. Navy main role is to fight pirates, outlaws in general and protect the citizens (protecting the CD is important, especially for admirals but it’s not their MAIN activity) while groups like Cipher Pol, Holy Knights take care of WG’s direct opponents.

it’d make the most sense for the Navy top dogs to fall to pirates
Realizing that Luffy is joyboy, the WG said that eliminating Luffy is their utmost priority. Heck, Imu him-/herself is butthurt about both Luffy and Blackbeard, tearing their wanted posters apart.

Factually, both Gorosei and Imu are concerned about Luffy and Blackbeard. Yet you think the narrative is still pirates vs. navy at EOS?

Because there can't be 2 EOS main antagonists, so Akainu would at most be a jobber. Unless you believe Luffy will have an extreme diff battle with Akainu and then jump right to Imu. Or is it that you believe that "EOS" encompasses several stages with weeks of time elapse? By that logic, everything that comes now is already EOS as we are towards the end of the series, given everything is set in motion.
Yes the real final war starts post Egghead and several battles will happen before the crew lands at the Holy land. Currently the crew and the revolutionaries aren't even close to making contact so i won't expect an alliance any time soon.

Well, it doesn't matter what Luffy cares and cares not about, because fate gave him the role of the liberator of the world.
And he will surely fulfill his destiny as always.

Observe Oda giving him Awakening and all three types of advanced haki, Lucci is getting smoked
Still Sabo ran like a pussy as soon as he heard Cp0 is after him at Dressrosa... We are talking about Rob Lucci, arguably the one with the greatest combat talent and actual combat skills. With his awakening and how Oda hyped him to his current position, I see him as an at least Low Top Tier character.

Lucci and Sabo were always meant to be rivals. Thats what Oda build since the Time Skip, especially that scene in Film Gold that confirmingly Oda completely wrote himself (that scene only, we have Manga scetches from Oda about their convo and CoA clash).
Post automatically merged:

Who says Luffy can only have one fight ?
After the Imu introduction no Admiral fan seriously thinks Akainu can be the Final villain, this doesn't change that he is an EOS fight for Luffy. The set up is already done with the scar and all, we don't have to over those arguments again.

Luffy doesn't care about the Void century or the CD's, he would much rather beat up the guy that acts as the face of the world's opression and we know per Ghandi that that is the Navy and by extension Akainu as their leader.

The defeat of Navy HQ will not happen at the same time when the Holy land falls.

Another point for the Sabo vs Holy Knight thing. Iva clearly says that they're after Sabo know. Whoever those guys are they won't just send an Admiral, they want to hunt down Sabo themselves.
I dont even think Imu is a thing combat wise. Still believe Sakazuki will be his last and toughest opponent.
Post automatically merged:

Sabo and Dragon are not going to be wasted against the irrelevant Holy Knights
They wont. Sabo - Lucci (/Fujitora / Greenbull) and Dragon - Akainu. Dragon will lose and Akainu once again kills a family member from Luffy.

I think anyone with a brain already knew that Sabo would not fight Akainu.
Its clear Sabo (ace fruit, couldnt protect both of his brothers) will fight the murderer of his brother

Luffy will beat Imu who ordered Ace execution and BB who is responsible

Akainu was just the executioner it could be someone else

I’m glad Sabo finally has a good alternative fight because while I could see the scenario of him facing Akainu, there could still be an interaction, he just never felt important enough to be the one to beat him. I’m still pushing for a Dragon vs Akainu, the two army generals going at it feels more fitting.

It is far from confirmed lol. Idk why people think that Sabo vs Akainu is impossible when the ASL stuff has been so strong from the beginning. It’s simply naive to think Oda won’t pit him against the dude that caused the shock of his life so much so that he got all his memory back lmao. You can hate it as much as you want, Oda hasn’t refrained getting characters that people thought had no business fighting each other to fight each other. And Sabo’s got all the business to deal with Akainu. The question is what level Luffy will be at when he encounters Akainu again, because if it’s post Raftel Akainu doesn’t really stand much of a chance as of now unless he gets a boost of his own.