Character Discussion Why I no longer like Dracule Mihawk.

How do you feel about Mihawk?

• Still like him the same if not more

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Started to like him less

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Don't like him anymore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Has become irrelevant to me

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Never cared about him

Votes: 34 37.8%

• Total voters
> wants to live a quiet life
> In a yonko crew, that are putting bounties on marines, and wants to help with a utopia

that's poorly written, and a contradiction
As I said Help croco with utopia will help him to keep a quiet life
And if he have to put fights for that he will do it wanting a peaceful life doesn't mean he won't have fights for that just he won't pick for people who he is not interested

i guess it depends on what you expect from a character when you choose them as your favorite.
if you expect a cool and strong character, i believe he continues to be that. i think people are exaggerating the cross guild situation. he wants peace, and is looking for a way to regain the peace he had when he was a shichibukai. one thing about mihawk is that he is a man who has already achieved his dream, he has nothing to prove.
but if you expect an interesting character with depth, he was never that.

I feel the same with him as i did on Baratie, i dont need my characters to go destroying countries to like'em or not

problem is more that Oda has 1 point to use Mihawk and will do nothing else with the char, till he got to Cross guild.

can't be angry with the char if the problem is the writing

> wants to live a quiet life
> In a yonko crew, that are putting bounties on marines, and wants to help with a utopia

that's poorly written, and a contradiction
Joining a yonko crew where he has the help of armies and crocodile will give him a more relaxed life than being hunted alone.

Utopia is going to be a land with the highest military power in the world beyond that of the WG, living there means Mihawk will have no worries for the rest of his life.

How is this a contradiction lmao

Mihawk never was an separate entity, he was a shichibukai and had the WG permission to live free.

The problema is that fans created a lot of mysticism and headcanon around Mihawk without Oda even developing anything about him (Oda's fault as well for giving Mihawk only 1 panel per 10 years) and now that Oda is finally giving him some attention, his fans are pissed because of their expecations.

Mihawk isn't a god in One Piece world and he needs to follow the new world rules just like everyone else.

As i always say: The best One Piece characters are the characters that Oda did not developed yet.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Mihawk never was an separate entity, he was a shichibukai and had the WG permission to live free.

The problema is that fans created a lot of mysticism and headcanon around Mihawk without Oda even developing anything about him (Oda's fault as well for giving Mihawk only 1 panel per 10 years) and now that Oda is finally giving him some attention, his fans are pissed because of their expecations.

Mihawk isn't a god in One Piece world and he needs to follow the new world rules just like everyone else.

As i always say: The best One Piece characters are the characters that Oda did not developed yet.
He was either the last or second last warlord to join. So what new world rules did he follow for the first 30 plus years of his life ?

Mihawk has always been enveloped in that mysterious/legendary aura and probably when the WG abolished the shiki system it was actually his peak. Then Oda made him first join the cross guild so basically stay together with Croco to resist the marines (when what was expected with his fame was him not giving a damn and maybe even eventually destroy a marine base or 2 while he kept wandering the seas on his coffin boat like in the old good times) and also in the end by fooled by Buggy and be forced to fight his battles to not lose face. Really really weird for Mihawk but that is still Mihawk, Oda had to do that to bring him in the main story. So not the best development or what I expected from him/Oda but it is still Mihawk. Afterall a bit like Shanks he just seeks peace even if he doesn't fight to create it.

I understand what you are saying. Mihawk has been stated over and over again to be Shanks equal/rival or even superior (swordsman).

Shanks 5 feats are

- Splitting sky with WB
- Stopping Marineford war
- Meeting the Gorosei
- Scaring the shit out of Admiral Green Bull
- One-shotting 3B Kidd

Mihawk had great feats in his own right but since Cross Guild he is part of a gag and that's not befitting a man of his stature. To redeem Mihawk we need to see a top Marine, at least Zodiac VA, sweat as he sees Mihawk approach.

I would say that Oda never planned Mihawk too well.

His persona doesn't fit someone that wants to live in peace. He is a fucking pirate that used to hunt other pirates and even marines. He always looked for trouble and even now he is looking for someone to surpass him. There is nothing peaceful on it.

So Mihawk was made incoherent by Oda to justify him not being a Yonko at the same time he introduces him into the main plot.

My real option is that my like for Mihawk didn't changed. He wasn't the greatest character before and isn't now. I like him for being strong, on his own and badass.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
And dude wants to parade Buggy as a captain, and yet bullies him for having his head as the nautical figurehead. Like wtf did he go full psycho and beat the shit out of Buggy? Isn't he the captain?! Why do you care how the ship looks?
This is what bothers me too, him joining up with Crocodile is fine, we already know he doesn't want the marines after him that was why he chose to be a Warlord in the first place. I don't see much contradiction there.

But the bullying puts me off a bit, I was under the impression Mihawk would be above caring about trivial things like how the ship looks and the aesthetics of the crew, but I think for the sake of the gag Oda made Mihawk look like he gives a shit about these things, and he's bullying Buggy for it. It's a bit overdone.

And one thing I have a huge problem with is the possibility that he may actually get inspired by Buggy the Clown. Buggy hasn't done shit to receive such respect. He's an overdone gag that's long past its due date. He has no balls of his own and only found them by taking Mihawk and Crocodile's. If Mihawk gets inspired by a fucking fraud, then he will never, ever live that shit down.
I agree with this as well, out of all the characters in One Piece, Mihawk was the one guy I figured was the most sure of himself. Like he had accomplished what he wanted and was content. If Buggy is managing to light a fire under him, then he isn't who I thought he was. Which might be fine I guess, because we didn't know too much about him, but I might like him less because of it.

There is no contradiction whatsoever in helping to build a utopia where he can lead a quiet life.
You have to make a couple of waves first to enjoy the calm sea.
Otherwise, quiet life is just a dream.
But he'd have to destroy the WG itself for this to happen, but at that point Utopia would be a pretty pointless endeavor for Mihawk as the biggest threat to his "peaceful" life is gone. Imu has access to a power that can eradicate islands. How do they expect to have enough military might to hold off the World Government? Mihawk can defeat an Admiral, but he's only one guy. The logistics don't add up.

Besides they're not gonna be able to go through with the Utopia idea as Buggy the Fraud vetoed thst shit and told Mihawk, Crocodile, and his other subordinates that they'll be claiming the One Piece instead.