• Kuzan

• Garp

• Fujitora

• Ryokugyu

• Smoker

• Other (comment down below!)

• Sakazuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since the reveal in chapter 956, SWORD has been a topic that attract many theories about who the members are...
while it's stated that Drake is the captain of SWORD, i don't think he's the top leader

so who is it? (imo, KUZAN would be cool, but there's no way oda made that so obvious)

Maybe this already is a small hint to Aokiji? Coby is obviously ifbthe same nature, got even the same teacher as Aokiji while Drake is under cover like it could be with Kuzan.
right, since Drake is spying on the Beast Pirates, it would be logical if Kuzan is actually spying on BB Pirates... if it's actually that simple :sanmoji:

i thought it was gorosei... and then imu-sama appeared
Gorosei are not the leaders of the Marines.. Lol

Spandam was the leader of CP9.
Sentomaru is the leader of the Marine HQ's special science unit.
Sakazuki is the leader of the Marines.
Kong is the leader of all the military forces of the World Government (marines included).
Gorosei are the leaders of the World Government in it's totality.
Imu is the leader of the Gorosei.

The leader of the unit itself is Drake. But if you're asking who the unit is under, then it's none other than the guy who runs the Marine Headquarters, Fleet Admiral Sakazuki. Since the group is a special force of the Marine Headquarters, not a secret cult.

Gorosei are not the leaders of the Marines.. Lol

Spandam was the leader of CP9.
Sentomaru is the leader of the Marine HQ's special science unit.
Sakazuki is the leader of the Marines.
Kong is the leader of all the military forces of the World Government (marines included).
Gorosei are the leaders of the World Government in it's totality.
Imu is the leader of the Gorosei.

The leader of the unit itself is Drake. But if you're asking who the unit is under, then it's none other than the guy who runs the Marine Headquarters, Fleet Admiral Sakazuki. Since the group is a special force of the Marine Headquarters, not a secret cult.
i even doubt that Sakazuki knew about SWORD tho... he mentioned wano several times, but never ever mentioned Drake who was there all the time
imo, i just feel that kuzan is the better candidate to have connection with sword than sakazuki

i even doubt that Sakazuki knew about SWORD tho... he mentioned wano several times, but never ever mentioned Drake who was there all the time
imo, i just feel that kuzan is the better candidate to have connection with sword than sakazuki
- Kuzan left the marines. The entire point of his character (as he himself pointed out) is to do things without being in the Marines. By being leader of the SWORD, he's automatically under Sakazuki as Sakazuki is the leader of the Marines, and SWORD is an official sanctioned unit of the Marines. No different than the "Special Science Unit".

- Why would Sakazuki mention Drake when there's been no need to mention Drake? The entire point is they're a special task force, its' more than likely outside of the Fleet Admiral they don't know about it. The other time was during the conversation in front of tons of Marine officers, he's not gonna blow up Drake's cover then and there.

Honestly people are looking WAY too much into it, especially with the "anti-WG" stuff, when there's been nothing talked about that or implied about that. US military for example has secret task units as well, which are all under the respective branch leaders & then under the Commander-In-Chief of all US Military.

The only other person outside of Sakazuki who the SWORD would be under is Sengoku, but Sengoku himself said to Kong it's time for the new generation of Marines to run their Justice, so it wouldn't make sense for Sengoku to keep it hidden from Sakazuki, and then even tease Sakauzki about how hard it is to be a fleet admiral. There is also the blatant tatoo of a sword on Sakazuki's bicep that stands out like all hell. The "SWORD" isn't anything that was created post-TS, it's a unit that's been there for a hot minute, as Drake during the entire pre-TS was simply an undercover Marine, meaning the unit existed back then as well.

But none of that would make Sengoku or Sakazuki the "leaders" of the SWORD, as the leader of the unit is the captain of the unit, which in this case is Drake.

Where is Akainu ?
there i've added it into the poll
Post automatically merged:

- Kuzan left the marines. The entire point of his character (as he himself pointed out) is to do things without being in the Marines. By being leader of the SWORD, he's automatically under Sakazuki as Sakazuki is the leader of the Marines, and SWORD is an official sanctioned unit of the Marines. No different than the "Special Science Unit".

- Why would Sakazuki mention Drake when there's been no need to mention Drake? The entire point is they're a special task force, its' more than likely outside of the Fleet Admiral they don't know about it. The other time was during the conversation in front of tons of Marine officers, he's not gonna blow up Drake's cover then and there.

Honestly people are looking WAY too much into it, especially with the "anti-WG" stuff, when there's been nothing talked about that or implied about that. US military for example has secret task units as well, which are all under the respective branch leaders & then under the Commander-In-Chief of all US Military.

The only other person outside of Sakazuki who the SWORD would be under is Sengoku, but Sengoku himself said to Kong it's time for the new generation of Marines to run their Justice, so it wouldn't make sense for Sengoku to keep it hidden from Sakazuki, and then even tease Sakauzki about how hard it is to be a fleet admiral. There is also the blatant tatoo of a sword on Sakazuki's bicep that stands out like all hell. The "SWORD" isn't anything that was created post-TS, it's a unit that's been there for a hot minute, as Drake during the entire pre-TS was simply an undercover Marine, meaning the unit existed back then as well.

But none of that would make Sengoku or Sakazuki the "leaders" of the SWORD, as the leader of the unit is the captain of the unit, which in this case is Drake.
don't think so tho... it would defeat the whole hype of creating a new group called "SWORD" itself for oda, if its only just to be led by Drake... i mean come on, i would not be hyped at all if that's the case
:whitepress:

Last edited:
don't think so tho... it would defeat the whole hype of creating a new group called "SWORD" itself for oda, if its only just to be led by Drake... i mean come on, i would not be hyped at all if that's the case
:whitepress:
What hype do you know about the SWORD right now? Does it say they can contend with top tiers? Or maybe that they can take out an emperor's crew? There's next to nothing about the SWORD's "hype".

Furthermore, you have next to no idea about Drake's strength, in fact no reader here factually knows how strong Drake is we're all making guesses (myself included). He could very well be stronger than Luffy or on par with Luffy, a complete unknown. I mean I got hyped by the fact Drake is the leader, since it means Oda is developing the young marines in somewhat parallel to the young pirates.

What hype do you know about the SWORD right now? Does it say they can contend with top tiers? Or maybe that they can take out an emperor's crew? There's next to nothing about the SWORD's "hype".

Furthermore, you have next to no idea about Drake's strength, in fact no reader here factually knows how strong Drake is we're all making guesses (myself included). He could very well be stronger than Luffy or on par with Luffy, a complete unknown. I mean I got hyped by the fact Drake is the leader, since it means Oda is developing the young marines in somewhat parallel to the young pirates.
meh, sorry for me drake is just nahh... except the first time he transformed into a dino in sabaody

I see this as Garp trying to find his road for redemption after foolishly letting his grandson get killed in front of him in the name of a fake justice.
I think Kuzan has given up the right to act as a true hero, because him killing Jaguar and being part of the Ohara masacre is unforgivable, that's why he has to dirty himself with Blackbeard.