Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
While the concerns for Vivi's strenght are valid, Oda can be very generous with power-ups. (See Nami gaining aan emperor soul as sentient weapon). She already has some kind of fighting experience, Oda could say she's trained during the timeskip in case she met with the crew again. Heck, why not have her eat a powerful fruit in the next arc. (She never had a real 1 vs 1, don't think anybody would care if her peacock based fighting style changed)
I'd still like a logia crewmate. :blobevil:

Vivi won’t need a one vs one. She barely fought when she was with the Strawhats before. It’s not like Vivi’s defining and memorable role in Alabasta was beating the 7 duo.

Kuzan won’t stay loyal to Blackbeard.

It’ll be the ten current Strawhats vs the Marineford Blackbeard Pirates. There won’t really be an “eleventh“ Strawhat, it’s just going to be Vivi slotting back in to her being the 5.5th.

The Wano Three play a similar role. Particularly Momo, since he’s Luffy’s little brother and also clearly has an important role to play EoS opening the borders.

There’s a bit of a difference between Vivi and Wano. Vivi’s agreement is when they meet again they will be crew again. Wano’s agreement is that they are the crew and if they want to be pirates they can come anytime they like.

I think Vivi will probably end up trumping out over the Wano lot. There’s only one of her (and Karue) compared to the Wano team, and it’s less conditional on actually wanting to be pirates, it’s just seeing each other again. Wano is kind of tied in with the idea of being under Luffy’s flag, it’s akin to a superior version to the Grand Fleet relationship where there‘s a bit of a hierarchy. Momo‘s Luffy’s little brother, so Wano’s under his protection. With Vivi it never needed Alabasta to be Strawhat territory- pretty much the opposite. And there isn’t that big brother/little brother sort of deal that puts Luffy on a superior level to Momo, which I think is based on yakuza hierarchy, much like the Grand Fleet?

Oda also hasn’t so far given the Wano lot Strawhat numbers and animals and the like, but he has for Vivi.
Post automatically merged:

I’d be excited if Vivi joined the problem still stands on how, Vivis unfortunately captured by Wapol and Morgan’s and I doubt Morgan’s will just hand deliver vivi to the straw hats
Vivi is not captured, her and Wapol are being hidden from the World Gov by Morgans.

Nobody had a better setup than her besides Vivi imo and it took Oda just 1 chapter to throw it all in the trash.
I think that hurt for many people... .

It’ll be the ten current Strawhats vs the Marineford Blackbeard Pirates. There won’t really be an “eleventh“ Strawhat, it’s just going to be Vivi slotting back in to her being the 5.5th.
Would you like to bet about that? I believe that on Egghead, we will definitely get one.

One month of our avi.

Last edited:
I mean, she doesn’t have a DF or a definitive fighting style.

They’re not 100% wrong here. :emohiyo:
She’ll eat the nikyu nikyu no mi and learn gyojin karate from robin and jinbei

While the concerns for Vivi's strenght are valid, Oda can be very generous with power-ups. (See Nami gaining aan emperor soul as sentient weapon). She already has some kind of fighting experience, Oda could say she's trained during the timeskip in case she met with the crew again. Heck, why not have her eat a powerful fruit in the next arc. (She never had a real 1 vs 1, don't think anybody would care if her peacock based fighting style changed)
I'd still like a logia crewmate. :blobevil:
the nikyu nikyu no mi

The real question is: Would Vivi get a bounty if she turned to piracy?

Last edited: