Manga Discussion Manga/Anime Hot Takes

Is One Piece as good as people make it out to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If One Piece pre timeskip was similar to post timeskip, every one piece fan simping this manga would have dropped it immediately
if this audience was reading week to week pre-timeskip all we'd hear about is shit like how bad marineford is because only 2 people died in an entire war and there were no full fight scenes just clashes and oda dropped all those plotlines about Whitey Bay and Karma the octopus pirate. cant believe oda introduced 60 new characters just to do nothing with them. loda strikes again. manga isnt as good as it was in east blue

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
if this audience was reading week to week pre-timeskip all we'd hear about is shit like how bad marineford is because only 2 people died in an entire war and there were no full fight scenes just clashes and oda dropped all those plotlines about Whitey Bay and Karma the octopus pirate.
Fr.

Pre-ts was okay but not what everyone remembers it to be.

Pre-ts gets super nostalgia tax from people because they probably didn't touch too many mangas yet and thought it was THE shit.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Def Nami.
When I was a lil shonen back in the day, Sakura was just good enough to bust a nut. But Nami is just precious and always finds utility. Especially important for the greater goal of the crew. Reaching Lough Tale.

Kishitmoto is an ass mangaka most of eraly Naruto is heavily inffluenced by Hunter X Hunter, most interesting concepts were suggested by his editor such as the chunin exams, his fight choreography is overrated it is below average in the manga and the only reason why people think it is good is because of studio Pierrot, his world building lacks depth, and his side character (except shikamar and kakashi) range from mid to ass.

Most of the shit is either offscreen or miscellaneous
such as?
:risicheck:
Nami’s navigation is far important than sakura’s medical ninjutsu ever was
-literally keeping Naruto alive by pumping his heart
-the only who was able to heal Kankuro
-healed everyone in the final war
-saves both Chiyo and herself with her antidote and medical ninjutsu from Sasori's poison that no one, not even Sasori himself can easily recreate

Now please do tell me how Nami following a needle that is already pointing to an island is far more important than what Sakura did lmao
:risiup:
She has one good fight the entire series where she was basically carried by chiyo
Why are you making shit up? :risiup: She barely helped Sakura

Now please do tell me about Nami getting bitched by Ulti whole fight and then getting a pokemon that fights her battles for her without her needing to do anything
:risitameh:

such as?
:risicheck:

-literally keeping Naruto alive by pumping his heart
-the only who was able to heal Kankuro
-healed everyone in the final war
-saves both Chiyo and herself with her antidote and medical ninjutsu from Sasori's poison that no one, not even Sasori himself can easily recreate

Now please do tell me how Nami following a needle that is already pointing to an island is far more important than what Sakura did lmao
:risiup:

Why are you making shit up? :risiup: She barely helped Sakura

Now please do tell me about Nami getting bitched by Ulti whole fight and then getting a pokemon that fights her battles for her without her needing to do anything
:risitameh:
Every single time I complain about Oda adding too much text to his manga or explaining every little thing I remember that their exist retards such of yourself he not only need to be spoon fed everything but also in fact even when spoon fed can’t comphrehend aa children’s comic strip. That’s not how navigation works in one piece.

Kankuro is fodder and irrelevant.

Sakura was fatally wounded and was only saved by Chiyo

Chiyo killed sasori

Chiyo saved Sakura numerous times

I like pre skip nami where as I am indifferent towards sakura

Who is more useful and relevant in their verse? -- Tbh it can be sakura. Medical ninja on her level is an asset where for most part of OP , nami's main role is a navigator which is more plot dependent. I don't think comparisons have ever been made between nami and other navigators in terms of skill

Every single time I complain about Oda adding too much text to his manga or explaining every little thing I remember that their exist retards such of yourself he not only need to be spoon fed everything but also in fact even when spoon fed can’t comphrehend aa children’s comic strip. That’s not how navigation works in one piece.

Kankuro is fodder and irrelevant.

Sakura was fatally wounded and was only saved by Chiyo

Chiyo killed sasori

Chiyo saved Sakura numerous times

Sakura’s biggest feat is doing what chopper did at Onigashima :gokulaugh::suresure::risiup::shame::mrgo:
lmao bitch already got banned

I like pre skip nami where as I am indifferent towards sakura

Who is more useful and relevant in their verse? -- Tbh it can be sakura. Medical ninja on her level is an asset where for most part of OP , nami's main role is a navigator which is more plot dependent. I don't think comparisons have ever been made between nami and other navigators in terms of skill
There's no question about it

Nami will never EVER EVER do anything as relevant as Sakura literally helping beat the final boss

Nami fans literally try to come up with the most retarded theories where Nami is somehow related with Imu or something so that she could be any bit relevant in the story. They literally are happy with nami being the endgame princess in distress if that would make her relevant in the story.

Sakura's relveance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> background fodder Nami