[FNZ] Salem of Lies Town of Salem (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
Queen or Ha0 are arbitrary but I have zero reason to sus them, which is better than everyone currently.

The idea behind it always is;

If you are the BG, you're on a confirmed townie (or as close as we can get) and they live. If you die defending them, good job.
If they die? Well, we know you're scum. We lynch you.

Very straight forward.
Atm there are no confirmed townies.

D

Dragomir

Queen or Ha0 are arbitrary but I have zero reason to sus them, which is better than everyone currently.

The idea behind it always is;

If you are the BG, you're on a confirmed townie (or as close as we can get) and they live. If you die defending them, good job.
If they die? Well, we know you're scum. We lynch you.

Very straight forward.
This verification can only work if 1. we have a confirmed townie, which we don't and 2. if there is a tracker or LO in the game that watches who the BG is supposed to protect or tracks the BG to make sure their action was legit.

Also, there's nothing stopping him from being other scum roles if he doesn't kill the player he's supposed to target.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
This verification can only work if 1. we have a confirmed townie, which we don't and 2. if there is a tracker or LO in the game that watches who the BG is supposed to protect or tracks the BG to make sure their action was legit.

Also, there's nothing stopping him from being other scum roles if he doesn't kill the player he's supposed to target.
You're getting confused, we don't need a LO for this. Because the continued survival of the person is indication of whether or not the BG claim has done what they said they would. If the target, that the town all knows about, dies then that leads to a very obvious conclusion.

The confirmed townie bit is the only issue but it's that or we have a rogue BG claim. Once again, the go-to claim for 2 scum roles. So Don could be clean, but his claim is very typical for Arso or GF.
Post automatically merged:

no, there was no time for plans like this in the online game
also why are you so sure I'm town to ask for don to protect me, I didn't even start to actually play yet
It was arbitrary.

And really? It's very simple. You just tell someone to stay on a #, then they have to do it. Or they die.

N

NeutralWatcher

You're getting confused, we don't need a LO for this. Because the continued survival of the person is indication of whether or not the BG claim has done what they said they would. If the target, that the town all knows about, dies then that leads to a very obvious conclusion.

The confirmed townie bit is the only issue but it's that or we have a rogue BG claim. Once again, the go-to claim for 2 scum roles. So Don could be clean, but his claim is very typical for Arso or GF.

It was arbitrary.

And really? It's very simple. You just tell someone to stay on a #, then they have to do it. Or they die.
It's quiet confusing tbh. For example if player he protected died, Don is mafia by your strategy definition..

But what if Consort roleblock Don Daslayer so Don Daslayer cannot protect a player he intends to protect? That doesn't make Don Daslayer as mafia but that confirms Don Daslayer as townie.

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
It's quiet confusing tbh. For example if player he protected died, Don is mafia by your strategy definition..

But what if Consort roleblock Don Daslayer so Don Daslayer cannot protect a player he intends to protect? That doesn't make Don Daslayer as mafia but that confirms Don Daslayer as townie.
What if they don’t attack the person that i am protecting?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

We have no RB claims so far. So, while there could be a sneaky consort, that's not guaranteed. It'd probably strike me as a little unlikely, if anything.

The way it usually goes is yeah, if the BG outlives his target, he was lying about being BG. And town has no reason to lie.

D

Dragomir

Are you going to have Don protect this player for the remainder of the game? That's just retarded. Don won't kill any scums by doing that and again it won't confirm shit. He could easily be the Arso, or literally any other scum role that doesn't kill. BG isn't a claim that only Arsos and GFs make. It's no guarantee that either one will do that too. Flower in the last ToS game claimed psychic as the GF.

Also, not having an LO watch who Don protects or a Tracker track Don is very stupid. Why? Because it allows him to get away with targeting other players and just claiming that he targeted "X" when he has been targeting "Y" the whole time. Your logic is that if that player he's supposed to protect doesn't die confirms Don when it doesn't take into account Don just targeting other players. That's why I said we would need a Tracker on Don or LO on Don's target.

Lastly, there's nothing stopping scum from taking full advantage of this plan to frame Don. Say Consort blocks him and the GF or Mafioso kill who he's supposed to protect.

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
Are you going to have Don protect this player for the remainder of the game? That's just retarded. Don won't kill any scums by doing that and again it won't confirm shit. He could easily be the Arso, or literally any other scum role that doesn't kill. BG isn't a claim that only Arsos and GFs make. It's no guarantee that either one will do that too. Flower in the last ToS game claimed psychic as the GF.

Also, not having an LO watch who Don protects or a Tracker track Don is very stupid. Why? Because it allows him to get away with targeting other players and just claiming that he targeted "X" when he has been targeting "Y" the whole time. Your logic is that if that player he's supposed to protect doesn't die confirms Don when it doesn't take into account Don just targeting other players. That's why I said we would need a Tracker on Don or LO on Don's target.

Lastly, there's nothing stopping scum from taking full advantage of this plan to frame Don. Say Consort blocks him and the GF or Mafioso kill who he's supposed to protect.
That doesn’t confirm shit what if the player that im protecting is mafia.

Tracker or Lo on me

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Are you going to have Don protect this player for the remainder of the game? That's just retarded. Don won't kill any scums by doing that and again it won't confirm shit. He could easily be the Arso, or literally any other scum role that doesn't kill.
So we're agreeing here that Don has a greater chance of being scum than townie, yeah? So sticking him on a person and saying; "Hey, if this person dies, you're in the shitter" isn't a bad idea then, yeah? Because in the off chance he is bodyguard he's protecting someone who the current town thinks is town. If he isn't, then that means we have a liar and we get rid of Don. It's simple.

And Lmao at the idea of this mattering if he's Arso. You can and should still read his posts and see which direction he leans in, and the odds of him making it to the end of the game and dousing everyone perfectly? We're basically in fantasy land. And if we have a sudden explosion turn 3 or 4? We bring Don back up again for question, as we normally would to a BG claim when an Arso is present. So I don't see how this changes anything.

[
BG isn't a claim that only Arsos and GFs make. It's no guarantee that either one will do that too. Flower in the last ToS game claimed psychic as the GF.
It's just by far the most common. And IIRC, Don doesn't have much exposure to this game. So, if he needed a quick claim, he'd use something that an invest role can "verify".

Doesn't. Matter. Because, again, it's meant to keep XYZ player alive for the long haul. Scum can't hit them if they think either;

1) Bodyguard is on them
2) They are scum and can't blow their cover

Again, we'd need any evidence of a consort first. Unless you know something we don't, no one's even claimed RBed.

D

Dragomir

So we're agreeing here that Don has a greater chance of being scum than townie, yeah? So sticking him on a person and saying; "Hey, if this person dies, you're in the shitter" isn't a bad idea then, yeah? Because in the off chance he is bodyguard he's protecting someone who the current town thinks is town. If he isn't, then that means we have a liar and we get rid of Don. It's simple.

And Lmao at the idea of this mattering if he's Arso. You can and should still read his posts and see which direction he leans in, and the odds of him making it to the end of the game and dousing everyone perfectly? We're basically in fantasy land. And if we have a sudden explosion turn 3 or 4? We bring Don back up again for question, as we normally would to a BG claim when an Arso is present. So I don't see how this changes anything.

[
It's just by far the most common. And IIRC, Don doesn't have much exposure to this game. So, if he needed a quick claim, he'd use something that an invest role can "verify".

Doesn't. Matter. Because, again, it's meant to keep XYZ player alive for the long haul. Scum can't hit them if they think either;

1) Bodyguard is on them
2) They are scum and can't blow their cover

Again, we'd need any evidence of a consort first. Unless you know something we don't, no one's even claimed RBed.
Oh, wait. This plan is just to keep X player alive and not to verify Don's claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.