Current Events ‘Warrior God’ is a Fake Translation - Viz Official Translation is ‘Godhead’

Japanese speakers have been using God title.

This is just VIZ using a more biblical term as Godhead is basically the same as being God.
But Japanese speakers are not professional Japanese translators. The same as not all English speakers are professional English translators.

I am not saying Viz is necessarily right: I am saying that I find it very difficult that this is a simple error. It seems to me that there is a reason behind this.

We are talking about a respected translator that works specifically with OP. We are just putting phrases in machine translators: I am sure he could have done the same and come up with the exact meaning we have already seen. If he didn't, there is probably a reason.

But Japanese speakers are not professional Japanese translators. The same as not all English speakers are professional English translators.

I am not saying Viz is necessarily right: I am saying that I find it very difficult that this is a simple error. It seems to me that there is a reason behind this.

We are talking about a respected translator that works specifically with OP. We are just putting phrases in machine translators: I am sure he could have done the same and come up with the exact meaning we have already seen. If he didn't, there is probably a reason.
Japanese speakers don't give a shit about English nor Stephen Paul, he means nothing to them as readers of the original text. If they are discussing the "warrior" connotation is because it's there. Simple as that.

The reason you're looking for is probably either stylistic or idiomatic, with Paul preferring to adapt the "Warrior god" literal translation into something more akin to actual old English.

Japanese speakers don't give a shit about English nor Stephen Paul, he means nothing to them as readers of the original text. If they are discussing the "warrior" connotation is because it's there. Simple as that.

The reason you're looking for is probably either stylistic or idiomatic, with Paul preferring to adapt the "Warrior god" literal translation into something more akin to actual old English.
And the exact same thing could be for the English meaning.

As I said, there Is probably a reason. I doubt he choose to deleted a meaning just because he didn't like the sound of it. Maybe it's context, maybe he just has another opinion. Point is: trying to say that this is a plain error seems rather silly to me (not that you specifically are trying to).

And the exact same thing could be for the English meaning.

As I said, there Is probably a reason. I doubt he choose to deleted a meaning just because he didn't like the sound of it. Maybe it's context, maybe he just has another opinion. Point is: trying to say that this is a plain error seems rather silly to me (not that you specifically are trying to).
He already "deleted a meaning" when he wrote Sanji is "the wings of the King of the Pirates" instead of "one of the wings of the King of the Pirates" because of how cacophonic it sounded, as he himself admitted.

The original text is quite clear on this subject and what the title shared by the elders, which isn't made for One Piece but predates it and always contains a "warrior" connotation, conveys; Paul probably preferred to adapt it for idiomatic reasons (other translators for the official version have gone with the "warrior god" title, though), but people like the OP are jumping into assumptions based on just one translation from just one guy for just one language; which is absurd because, no matter how much their anglocentric mindset biases them, English translations mean zero to the original work.

A professional translator who specifically works on OP has chosen a different translation.

Maybe he is wrong, I don't know, but I highly doubt this is something as trivial as "he didn't know what a term means".
Bro
Do you have the slightest idea how many translators literally write their own dialogues that they loosely base on the actual translation?
German dubs are full of this!

Owned idolo @Elder Lee Hung
No fake translations no party
Why is it always @Elder Lee Hung and fake translations?
Post automatically merged:

No, we have multiple screenshots and links to statements of Japanese native speakers in this thread.
When there's a confirmed kanji for war in the official title that means the Gorosei are related to war aka can fight.
Drop the agenda bs for once and use your brains.

Last edited: