Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Someone tell Usopp sniping is no longer a skill and his services are no longer required, given the only person he has beaten in the past decade have been literal children through sniping.

As for Kuzan- not a chance in hell a Strawhat will fight him.
Of the current crew, he’s too intrinsically linked with Robin and her story. She’ll never be strong enough to beat him, and he‘ll never fight another Strawhat when he’s linked so strongly to her.
If anyone else with a relationship with Kuzan was to join, like Smoker, and fights him, that blows the M3, which will never happen.

The rest is pointless, it’s like the people arguing against Jinbei back in the day. Didn’t matter what problems people had with him, doesn’t matter what problems people have with Vivi. The story is clearly leading to an hugely important reunion and we’ve known what it means when that happens for a long time

It might only be Strawhat 5.5 but it’s sure as hell more than anyone else will get.
Ussop not sniping sugar in Dressrosa would have been the end of the strawhats, and he's probably the only person in the world who could have pulled off that shot. Plus he's about to fight Van Auger. He hasn't gotten much action lately, but he's still indespensible to the strawhats. Given that your only answer to my question is to try and pretend other strawhats are useless too, I'll take that as you admitting that Vivi has nothing to contribute.

Just because Vivi is important again doesn't mean she's joining the crew. She can easilly be a temporary ally again, and there is literally nothing pointing to her being anything more than that. Her fans are simply biased.

You want to talk about characters that have something real going for them? Let's talk about Law then. Unlike Vivi, he has everything required to join the crew, bar nothing. The only thing holding him back was his crew and his rivalry, but now that the heart pirates are done, he has nothing holding him back. He's also perfect to fight Kuzan.

Ussop not sniping sugar in Dressrosa would have been the end of the strawhats, and he's probably the only person in the world who could have pulled off that shot. Plus he's about to fight Van Auger. He hasn't gotten much action lately, but he's still indespensible to the strawhats. Given that your only answer to my question is to try and pretend other strawhats are useless too, I'll take that as you admitting that Vivi has nothing to contribute.
Nope, I’m not saying Usopp is useless.

I’m laughing at your continued absolutely pathetic attempts to pretend that Vivi was fodder in face of all the evidence to the contrary.

She got beat by fodder!
Actually, she did better than Nami and Usopp did at that time
Never beat anyone!
Beat the guys who were about to launch the nuke into Alabasta square
Well, they were fodder too! Sneak attacked a weakling!
They were named agents who were skilled enough snipers to take down Pell. If that‘s useless then so is Usopp. They are not as strong as the other BW agents, but then, Vivi beat them a lot easier and at the same time.

Vivi held her own in all the time she was in the crew. She was never the strongest, but she was also never some useless damsel in distress the way you guys are pretending.

And I don’t know what she will contribute, but I’m sure as hell it’ll be something big given the buildup she’s been given in the past few chapters.
Just because Vivi is important again doesn't mean she's joining the crew. She can easilly be a temporary ally again, and there is literally nothing pointing to her being anything more than that. Her fans are simply biased.
Vivi- if we ever meet again will you call me a shipmate
Strawhats- yes

Story- Vivi will be meeting the Strawhats again for the endgame. She’s gonna be hugely important
You- it is bias and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Vivi will be crew again

Yep, I’m putting these trash arguments right in the same compartment as “Luffy asking Jinbei to join and Jinbei saying he will later if he’s asked again is meaningless.”

You want to talk about characters that have something real going for them? Let's talk about Law then. Unlike Vivi, he has everything required to join the crew, bar nothing. The only thing holding him back was his crew and his rivalry, but now that the heart pirates are done, he has nothing holding him back. He's also perfect to fight Kuzan.
Too strong and disrupts the M3, the Heart Pirates are clearly not done based on what Bepo said.

A better suggestion than the utter dogshit that is Stussy, but won’t leave the unique niche he’s made for himself as the Strawhats main ally and the friendly rival captain trio with Luffy and Kid.

I’m laughing at your continued absolutely pathetic attempts to pretend that Vivi was fodder in face of all the evidence to the contrary.

She got beat by fodder!
Never beat anyone!
They were named agents who were skilled enough snipers to take down Pell. If that‘s useless then so is Usopp. They are not as strong as the other BW agents, but then, Vivi beat them a lot easier and at the same time.

Vivi held her own in all the time she was in the crew. She was never the strongest, but she was also never some useless damsel in distress the way you guys are pretending.

And I don’t know what she will contribute, but I’m sure as hell it’ll be something big given the buildup she’s been given in the past few chapters.

Strawhats- yes

Story- Vivi will be meeting the Strawhats again for the endgame. She’s gonna be hugely important
You- it is bias and there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Vivi will be crew again

Yep, I’m putting these trash arguments right in the same compartment as “Luffy asking Jinbei to join and Jinbei saying he will later if he’s asked again is meaningless.”

Too strong and disrupts the M3, the Heart Pirates are clearly not done based on what Bepo said.

A better suggestion than the utter dogshit that is Stussy, but won’t leave the unique niche he’s made for himself as the Strawhats main ally and the friendly rival captain trio with Luffy and Kid.
You're fighting the good fight here, keep it up! 👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿👍

He did
Kaido, BM, Cobra ,Kidd, Killer, Hawkins, Yasuie, Oden, Izo, Ashura are dead
I don’t know if I’d include Big Mom, Kid and Killer on there. He didn’t explicitly say that they died (Big Mom implying she wouldn’t die at Wano and Kid and Killer being stated as defeated and not necessarily killed and we haven’t had a follow up. Hawkins probably died though, and definitely should’ve when he collapsed).

Oden was already dead when Odan (haha get it haha) made his character, so that would’ve been a lot easier for him. I’ll give him points for Yasuie, Cobra, Izo and Ashura but for those last two I feel a bit conflicted since I think Kiku and/or Kin‘emon would’ve had more impactful deaths. Kin’emon surviving that attack from Kaido made no sense.

Izo didn’t have much time to shine in the end either, and being mostly a background character during Marineford didn’t help. Ashura dying was a bit surprising, since he seemed like the kind of character Oda wouldn’t kill off for some reason.

In some ways, I think Oda’s writing has gotten better. But at the same time, it feels like he’s lacking a bit of that feeling he gave off pre-timeskip. I guess that’s one of the things that can happen when a manga is over 20 years old. Maybe he thinks there’s no time for fun moments anymore? Almost everything in the story seems pretty serious now.

She got beat by fodder!
Never beat anyone!

Strawhats- yes

Ussop's sniping is actually impressive. The shot against sugar was basically impossible. He shot her across a giant city, around a castle wall, and without direct line of sight. Only someone with Ussops unique abilities could have done it. And he proved himself in Alabasta by defeating officer agents.

In contrast, Ms. Fathersday shot a giant bird who was directly in front of her and not aware of her existence, with a regular pistol, and it didn't defeat him, and he wasn't even strong.

Arguments like this are why I call bias. And you still haven't named even one thing Vivi can contribute.

As far as the retconn of the 20 year old panel, I'm done explaining why it doesn't mean she's joining the crew. We've had the exact same discussion before, and neither of us changed our minds. I would ask, however, that you stop purposely using the translation error "shipmate" to embelish your point, and use the word he actually said, "nakama". Nakama doesn't only refer to crew members, he also calls Ace, Sabo, Law, and Momo this. Keep things honest, I've corrected you on that before.

Also, try and keep things more civil. I'm not here for flame wars so please don't call me pathetic or refer to my arguements as dogshit. It's uncalled for, and I'm not going to engage with you anymore if you continue that.Ussop's sniping is actually impressive. The shot against sugar was basically impossible. He shot her across a giant city, around a castle wall, and without direct line of sight. Only someone with Ussops unique abilities could have done it. And he proved himself in Alabasta by defeating officer agents.

In contrast, Ms. Fathersday shot a giant bird who was directly in front of her and not aware of her existence, with a regular pistol, and it didn't defeat him, and he wasn't even strong.

Arguments like this are why I call bias. And you still haven't named even one thing Vivi can contribute.

As far as the retconn of the 20 year old panel, I'm done explaining why it doesn't mean she's joining the crew. We've had the exact same discussion before, and neither of us changed our minds. I would ask, however, that you stop purposely using the translation error "shipmate" to embelish your point, and use the word he actually said, "nakama". Nakama doesn't only refer to crew members, he also calls Ace, Sabo, Law, and Momo this. Keep things honest, I've corrected you on that before.

Gotta love how stronger than Sanji is a death nail in Law's case, but weaker than Ussop means nothing for Vivi. Bias everywhere.

I'm honestly not opposed to Vivi joining the crew, I just think the revisionist history and retconning is ridiculous. People are calling it a "jinbei situation" and saying it was obvious all along, when in reality, Vivi was entirely irrelevant to the discussion for 20 years, and then a few months ago she became the latest flavor of the month. No one thought it was a jinbei situation until her bandwagon picked up steam, even though it's been obvious they would meet again for years. The retconn of the X on the wrist scene is especially bad, because everyone understood it perfectly until a couple months ago, and now people are trying to change its meaning to the same as Jinbei to fit their agenda.

Also, try and keep things more civil. I'm not here for flame wars so please don't call me pathetic or refer to my arguements as dogshit. It's uncalled for, and I'm not going to engage with you anymore if you continue that.

Ussop's sniping is actually impressive. The shot against sugar was basically impossible. He shot her across a giant city, around a castle wall, and without direct line of sight. Only someone with Ussops unique abilities could have done it. And he proved himself in Alabasta by defeating officer agents.
It would actually mean something if Oda made him do stuff often

Hard to acknowledge someone who’s such a freaking wimp 85% of the time

It would actually mean something if Oda made him do stuff often

Hard to acknowledge someone who’s such a freaking wimp 85% of the time
But it's undeniable that Ussop can contribute and has abilities that are useful to the crew. Just because Oda hasn't had him do anything since Dressrosa doesn't change that. No one has been able to tell me anything useful that Vivi could do.

But it's undeniable that Ussop can contribute and has abilities that are useful to the crew. Just because Oda hasn't had him do anything since Dressrosa doesn't change that. No one has been able to tell me anything useful that Vivi could do.
She’s more brave than Usopp. I don’t see her being part of the Cowardly Trio because I think she’s a bit different.

She has a lot of determination and persistence. Usopp can rarely achieve that without relying on his friend Sogeking.

I think you can write that on the list of things.

She’s more brave than Usopp. I don’t see her being part of the Cowardly Trio because I think she’s a bit different.

She has a lot of determination and persistence. Usopp can rarely achieve that without relying on his friend Sogeking.

I think you can write that on the list of things.
Brave and persistent. Those are just personality traits. They also describe the little kids that followed Ussop around in Syrup Village. What can she actually do that can help the strawhats?

Brave and persistent. Those are just personality traits. They also describe the little kids that followed Ussop around in Syrup Village. What can she actually do that can help the strawhats?
You can’t compare little kids to a woman who had her entire country on her shoulders. They would wet themselves if they were tasked with trying to stop a war from erupting (which almost happened).

You and I both know she’s not that useless, even if she might be to an extent without a DF or unique fighting style.

You can’t compare little kids to a woman who had her entire country on her shoulders. They would wet themselves if they were tasked with trying to stop a war from erupting (which almost happened).

You and I both know she’s not that useless, even if she might be to an extent without a DF or unique fighting style.
You say that, but you still can't tell me anything useful she could do. Both you and Garp have avoided answering that simple question for 2 days now because you know she has nothing to contribute.

:milaugh::gokulaugh::doffytroll::suresure:

The Strawhats do not need a "Diplomat" as an official crewmate. Politics on the Sunny is not something most teenagers want to read in a shonen. Nevermind it's not something Oda introduced as important in any crew!

:brootea:

This debate over Vivi's combat feats is...
:akaman:...hilarious.

But let's admit an obvious observation. Vivi would be a drastic step down in combat and utility wise to the latest crewmate Jinbe. Jinbe is an excellent Helmsman who happens to be the crew's unofficial new Lifeguard, Fireguard, and Bodyguard.

What does Vivi bring to the crew? What makes her joining essential to them getting to Laugh Tale?
:jinbewat:

She is right now a princess in distress needing a safe haven. Her officially joining puts a bigger target on the crew with Imu wanting Vivi. That speeds up the plot sure but what benefit is it to the crew outside of welcoming an old friend?

:milaugh::gokulaugh::doffytroll::suresure:

The Strawhats do not need a "Diplomat" as an official crewmate. Politics on the Sunny is not something most teenagers want to read in a shonen. Nevermind it's not something Oda introduced as important in any crew!

:brootea:

This debate over Vivi's combat feats is...
:akaman:...hilarious.

But let's admit an obvious observation. Vivi would be a drastic step down in combat and utility wise to the latest crewmate Jinbe. Jinbe is an excellent Helmsman who happens to be the crew's unofficial new Lifeguard, Fireguard, and Bodyguard.

What does Vivi bring to the crew? What makes her joining essential to them getting to Laugh Tale?
:jinbewat:

She is right now a princess in distress needing a safe haven. Her officially joining puts a bigger target on the crew with Imu wanting Vivi. That speeds up the plot sure but what benefit is it to the crew outside of welcoming an old friend?
Golden post :gokulaugh: