Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello mates ! I make this thread here so those who watched, read and like or even love Star Wars can talk about this legendary universe created in 1977 by George Lucas.

Here you can talk about movies, novels, comics, video games, animated or live-action series, audiobooks, podcasts, music and all lore linked to Star Wars, whenever they are from the new canon or from legends. We can also talk about Star Wars videos or essays that we saw or read on the Internet.

To start this thread I shall share with you this video that talks about the origins of Star Wars universe in legends, I hope that you will have a good time here:

My personnal favorite is Revenge of the Sith: everything is so epic and tragic in this movie with the epic battles, impressive depictions of many diverse and rich worlds such as Coruscant, Kashyyk, Utapau, Polis Massa, Mustafar, Felucia, Mygetto, etc….
I loved General Grievous and the music was on top. It was really heartbreaking to see Anakin falling to the Dark side and becoming Darth Vader, the betrayal and death of the Jedis by their own comrade and clone soldiers that many of them had come to care about, Anakin and Obi-Wan duel and Anakin being turned into a cyborg.
Empire Strikes Back comes very close in my opinion but the power and tragedy of Revenge of the Sith makes it my choice.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Just dropping to say that The Clone Wars is a great show. The light sabers fights were really good, the clones are maybe the best part of the show, and Darth Maul character was saved and is really good.

Darth maul whole story is really nice and more complex than it seemed. It would have been a shame if he had stayed dead

And the show can explain a bit why the Jedi order fell from grace, they really became arrogant and narrow minded

Of the new Star Wars movies Rogue One is the only one I really liked.
Yeah Rogue one is a good movie not perfect but quite good.

I like the fact that a part of the era between the 3 and the 4 was covered by Rogue one.

And the end the dark tone etc makes it a good movie

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Legends continuity did a far better job with General Grievous than the new canon continuity. I didn't like how Grievous was nerfed and turned more into a comic relief in TCW and how they changed his origin story.
Yeah the more we saw him less threatening he became.

He had some good moments in the show (against the nightsisters or in the begining) but he became a joke after that.

Of course, I hated the Last Jedi too and did not even bothered to watch ROS.
You're smart. However, I can't deny that they both provided me with laughs like nothing else.

I mean genuine laughs, they're THAT bad. I will never stop being angry though. Like, they had one job and they failed at it.

I read the Extended Universe, pity they completely ignored it and branded it as non canon. It's so much better than the soulless shit Disney came up with.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
did not even bother to watch ROS
You didn't even see the last one lol ?

It was the best of the three movies. But still crap.

The last Jedi was so lame ...

But the worst one is obviously the 7th the force awakens.

The last Jedi is a worst movie than the 7th objectively but at least they took some risks (that didn't pay off because everything was bullshit). But the 7th was one of the most lazy movie I have ever seen, they just merged the previous movies into this one and sold it like a new one.

I can forgive (to an extent) a bad movie and bad ideas but I can't forgive bullshit a copy cat

You didn't even see the last one lol ?

It was the best of the three movies. But still crap.

The last Jedi was so lame ...

But the worst one is obviously the 7th the force awakens.

The last Jedi is a worst movie than the 7th objectively but at least they took some risks (that didn't pay off because everything was bullshit). But the 7th was one of the most lazy movie I have ever seen, they just merged the previous movies into this one and sold it like a new one.

I can forgive a bad movie and bad ideas but I can't for a crap copy cat
No, Rise doesn't even have a proper plot. The only one dumber than that one is TLJ plot (chasing each other at snail pace in space?).

7th was a copy, but at least being a copy enabled a plot. A shaky plot, but still a proper plot. And the characters had potential at the time.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The only one dumber than that one is TLJ plot (chasing each other at snail pace in space?)
Yes TLJ is dumb at every step and did every mistake possible.

Story wise ROS was better (it is still a bad movie and can't be saved because of the two previous movies), the plot was not awesome at all but there was something, the last planet of the sith etc.

7th was a copy, but at least being a copy enabled a plot. A shaky plot, but still a proper plot. And the characters had potential at the time.
The 100th death star plot killed me, the fan service return of Solo killed me, the pseudo empire who control the galaxy with stromtroopers killed me, Rey the slave on a desert planet killed me, and the fact that she can master jedi tricks in not time was quite the bullshit.

My main concern about disney is that they don't take risk anymore story wise, and don't create new things. The 7th was lazy.

I prefer a total failure. If people take risks once in a while it will pay off and we will have a genius movie, but if you don't you can only have average every time.

You can't compare the Disney movies to great EU stuff such as Star Wars Legacy, the New Jedi Order, Knights of the Old Republic, Darth Bane trilogy, Thrawn's campaign or Darth Plagueis novel anyway.
Post automatically merged:

Legends wasn't without flaws but it really created a whole new Extended Universe worthy of the legendary movies that started Star Wars with amazing characters, an incredibly rich lore in terms of history, species, droids, ships or planets and it is really an Universe that can spark dreams and that you want to explore for yourself.
It also had really original concepts and was far more daring than what Disney showed.

The Disney canon is very poor and lacking in comparison.

The 100th death star plot killed me, the fan service return of Solo killed me, the pseudo empire who control the galaxy with stromtroopers killed me, Rey the slave on a desert planet killed me, and the fact that she can master jedi tricks in not time was quite the bullshit.

My main concern about disney is that they don't take risk anymore story wise, and don't create new things. The 7th was lazy.

I prefer a total failure. If people take risks once in a while it will pay off and we will have a genius movie, but if you don't you can only have average every time.
I don't disagree with you. It's a poorly executed remake, so to speak. A reboot. Jesus Rey was indeed a huge mistake.

Ah but they did take a risk with TLJ. And it was even more shit.

At least we have the EU <3 Everything post Lucas is simply not Star Wars.