Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
No denying Vegapunk, or rather a single Vegapunk joining the crew would be incredibly useful for them and indeed is a really interesting idea (though how does it work if they're split apart over long distances, especially if what we think is about to happen to Egghead happens to Egghead?) However the 'demon vibe' is tenuous at best and not really a convincing reason why

Exactly the reasons a satellite Vegapunk would be useful! However as I said above - tenuous at best. Also, is Lilith stronger than Usopp? From what we've seen only Atlas is a competent fighter.
Lilith can be equal to Usopp in the weak trio, she can fight or make a weapon to help her be usefull, or some suit, i only see Vivi being stronger than Usopp if Her eat a DF specifically a Snow Snow fruit, since the crew doesn't has logia user.

Vivi stocks are rising, everybody is waiting for Smoker, Caribou is always a safe bet. Look at how far we've come. Yamato fans are still rude and aggressive, carrot fans are still hopeful. Vivi fans are getting their dues, Smoker fans are waiting, just alot waiting.

I am ready for anything in the next 3 next 4 weeks.

Last edited:
A poll for which crew position(s) are the most likely to join...this may help or hurt this current batch of candidates...

Ninja
Lookout
Ship Guard
Night Watchman
Explorer
Apprentice
Cabin Boy/Girl
Scientist
Surgeon
Master-at-Arms
Boatswain
Sailmaker
Powder Monkey
Diplomat
etc...

Some of these roles could be argued that current Strawhats already fill.

A candidate could fill multiple positions like how Jinbe does being an official Helmsman and unofficial Firefighter, Lifeguard, and Bodyguard. He may fit being the unofficial Boatswain or Master-at-Arms??? This means a candidate who fills multiple positions has a greater chance of joining.

What role(s) does Luffy need to reach Laugh Tale? This is a focus of what obstacles have, could, or will get in the Strawhats way and what ship positions would have made it easier to overcome.

not trying to sound rude just lazy

Ninja (not really a role / nami because kunoichi even though that went nowhere, usopp, sanji, brook, robin, idfk)
Lookout (usopp, sanji, sleepy zoro, binoculars)
Ship Guard (zoro)
Night Watchman (zoro)
Explorer (robin, usopp, jimbei, everybody basically kinda but them especially)
Apprentice (idfk kinda left them all behind at wano lol)
Cabin Boy/Girl (basically the above but not necessary as an actual position too lazy to say this less messily)
Scientist (franky, weather nami, cooking science godhead sanjino, goofy inventor god usopp)
Surgeon (i am a surgeon dr chopper)
Master-at-Arms (for the straw hats? jimbei and nami work anyways)
Boatswain (jimbei, nami, anybody, whatever)
Sailmaker (never been relevant)
Powder Monkey (not necessary)
Diplomat (nami and jimbei)
Post automatically merged:

they dont NEED any position. if anybody else joins they might not even have a dedicated occupational role.

in terms of what lacks a counterpart in other crews the red hair pirates have an apprentice and the blackbeard pirates have a kuzan

maybe we can get akainu

A poll for which crew position(s) are the most likely to join...this may help or hurt this current batch of candidates...

Ninja
Lookout
Ship Guard
Night Watchman
Explorer
Apprentice
Cabin Boy/Girl
Scientist
Surgeon
Master-at-Arms
Boatswain
Sailmaker
Powder Monkey
Diplomat
etc...

Some of these roles could be argued that current Strawhats already fill.

A candidate could fill multiple positions like how Jinbe does being an official Helmsman and unofficial Firefighter, Lifeguard, and Bodyguard. He may fit being the unofficial Boatswain or Master-at-Arms??? This means a candidate who fills multiple positions has a greater chance of joining.

What role(s) does Luffy need to reach Laugh Tale? This is a focus of what obstacles have, could, or will get in the Strawhats way and what ship positions would have made it easier to overcome.
He doesn't "need" anymore roles at this point imo. Helmsman isn't a required role, yet Jinbe still fills it in anyways. Considering this, I think a "Lookout" role would be nice for someone like Smoker.

He doesn't "need" anymore roles at this point imo. Helmsman isn't a required role, yet Jinbe still fills it in anyways. Considering this, I think a "Lookout" role would be nice for someone like Smoker.
Sorry but where has this idea Smoker could join even come from?
I swear to god it is plain as day and has been made completely obvious that he’s going to be a big shot Marine

Helmsman is a "needed" role as shown in Tottoland. Some of the crew dies without Jinbe's ability to steer in the Green Room. Would Luffy and the Impel Down crew have made it on time if at all to Marineford without Jinbe helming the ship? Maybe but we cannot be certain. Would Merry have been as damaged if Jinbe was at the helm in East Blue? Definitely a different outcome on Reverse Mountain and the Knock Up Stream. The crew is bound to face deadlier waters like if/when they meet the man with the burn scar creating a gigantic vortex.

What exactly makes Smoker a Lookout? I'm guessing you're implying this role because of his Devil Fruit which I understand but I don't recall any examples of him actually being a lookout in some capacity.

Sorry but where has this idea Smoker could join even come from?
I swear to god it is plain as day and has been made completely obvious that he’s going to be a big shot Marine
"You don't have to be affiliated with the Navy to accomplish things in the world. And there are some things you can only see when you remain independent"
Kuzan, Chapter 699

It's these lines that made me consider Smoker in the first place. I've also considered his roles within arcs he was in. Let me list em:

Loguetown: Wants to capture Luffy, continues pursuit by the end of the arc
Alabasta: Went to Alabasta because he wanted to capture Luffy, feels angered over the outcome (incident coverup by marine HQ)
Marineford: Confronts Luffy yet again, disappointed by the Marines' lack of morality during the conflict.
Punk Hazard: Traveled to Punk Hazard to capture Luffy, angered by Vergo's ability to infiltrate into Marines

His two actions within an arc where he plays a major role involves:
1. Capturing Luffy
2. Being disillusioned with the Marines

Now we're in the Final Saga, and.....where's Smoker? Based on the acitons above, I'm 99% sure he's going along with the other vice admirals to Egghead.

If and when that happens, how would Smoker feel if Luffy's actually saving Vegapunk? Having it revealed that the WG wanted him assassinated simply for research into the Void Century?

Let's take Smoker's philosophy on justice. He follows his own personal code, based on his own moral compass on what's right. If the predictions above turn out to be true, I personally believe that Smoker will resign from the Marines, heeding Kuzan's advice.

and if THAT turns to be true, then what's next for Smoker? Does he:
A. Stay completely, 100% independent
B. Join the Revos
or C., join the SHs?

I pick C.

Helmsman is a "needed" role as shown in Tottoland. Some of the crew dies without Jinbe's ability to steer in the Green Room. Would Luffy and the Impel Down crew have made it on time if at all to Marineford without Jinbe helming the ship? Maybe but we cannot be certain. Would Merry have been as damaged if Jinbe was at the helm in East Blue? Definitely a different outcome on Reverse Mountain and the Knock Up Stream. The crew is bound to face deadlier waters like if/when they meet the man with the burn scar creating a gigantic vortex.

What exactly makes Smoker a Lookout? I'm guessing you're implying this role because of his Devil Fruit which I understand but I don't recall any examples of him actually being a lookout in some capacity.
There aren't any examples, I just thought he'd fit the role if he were to join. Though you are right in regards to Luffy needing a helmsman if he wanted to get out of WCI alive. I think the role's more of something necessary that's not initially thought of.

Last edited:
Vivi stocks are rising, everybody is waiting for Smoker, Caribou is always a safe bet. Look at how far we've come. Yamato fans are still rude and aggressive, carrot fans are still hopeful. Vivi fans are getting their dues, Smoker fans are waiting, just alot waiting.

I am ready for anything in the next 3 next 4 weeks.
Hahaha, Carrot's fans with their hopes in chapter 1088 of the manga, which according to them is his number and if nothing happens they will continue with their hopes and crazy theories and smoked.

For me you are a friend of some carrot fans on Twitter that if they are too sick and by the way are the self-proclaimed that are the only ones who know how to read and analyze One Piece, and the other fans according to them we know nothing.