Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
I just watched the trailer. It was a bit cringy but not that bad so far imo.

I knew it was a very small chance, but I was hoping for a grittier One Piece geared more towards adult fans with maybe similar vibes to Pirates of the Caribbean.

I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed as it looks more like a kids show to me. I'll give the series a chance nonetheless and at least watch the first episode and sees how it goes from there.

Regardless, I do feel like these guys tried their best. Even if it ends up being cringe and bad, I do feel like they tried their best to make it good. Adapting manga and anime into live action and making it good is next to impossible.
I think they should change things
A lot of the things like the hair color, looks and the visual gags that work in animated format will not translate well into live action
You should tone things down
Luffy can be a joyful teenager and you can write specific gags that will work better for the show but you go overboard and it makes it cringe like we saw
Fans might complain at first but if you make a good show they'll come around
Well anyway hope it's not too bad

I think they should change things
A lot of the things like the hair color, looks and the visual gags that work in animated format will not translate well into live action
You should tone things down
Luffy can be a joyful teenager and you can write specific gags that will work better for the show but you go overboard and it makes it cringe like we saw
Fans might complain at first but if you make a good show they'll come around
Well anyway hope it's not too bad
Agreed.

If you’re gonna do Luffy in live action, you need a top tier actor who can balance annoying and charming. Not everybody can do it.
Luffy is very hard character to play, you definitely need dramatic acting chops. Inaki comes out as pretentious not honest. They should have looked for a theatre kid. This apart, the bright hair colours are not doing it for me. Nami could easily be a normal redhead and Zoro’s hair could be muted green. Sanji’s swirly eyebrows are very easy detail which can be corrected with makeup. Calling out attack moves is another dumb decision. The weird yellow filter makes things worse.