Future Events On Zoro vs Shiryu

Which is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I know why you are fuming. This entire clash made it look like Kuzan needed Shiryu's help to beat 78 year old retired Garp . Thats why you are coming up with all the excuses in the world to downplay Shiryu's contribution.

Did I ever say Shiryu beats old Garp?
Lmfao I'm not just not being delusional for agenda. A lot of people called Shiryu stabbing Garp well before it happened, including me, it's the only thing that made sense for the event to end fast, and was completely in character for the BB pirates to be attacking Garp. Top tiers don't go down quickly, old or not.

There has not been a single top tier fight decided without intervention in this manga aside from Akainu vs Aokiji which was offpanel. Shiryu stabbing Garp is not the least bit surprising. Shiryu not stabbing Garp and wounding him critically would be far more surprising.

That doesn't magically make Shiryu an equal factor to Kuzan who has to keep Garp busy and eventually put him down. Shiryu is incapable of both those things on his own.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
We did saw it, albeit before the fruit. (vs Magellan).
We're basically comparing Magellan's near equal to Akainu's near equal.

Unless you think Magellan is on that level like @nik87 does, then there is no debate to be had.

Reg, vs Zoro - as i said, i will acknowledge Shiryu once he shows Conquerors coating. Else it's just gonna be a game of hide and seek.
No we didn't.
We've seen nothing.
All We've got is no fruit shiryu is on par with magellan.
Which means no fruit shiryu solos bb and his crew makes Croc jinbe iva run from him etc.
These ain't fodder feats.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
:kayneshrug:King did what to be >= pre CoC Zoro? Nothing
Same way Shiryu >= Current Zoro

He's zoros next fight, he'd need literally a PU to win
If you need PU to win then you're weaker!

KoH doesn't mean Zoro has everything to beat people on the same level/stronger than him
AP isn't everything to fights!
No one cares about your made up rules about powerups/being stronger.

Mr. 1 wasn't stronger than Zoro, yet Zoro needed a Powerup to win.
Braham/Ohm weren't stronger than Zoro, yet Zoro needed a Powerup to win.

Everything isn't black and white, Shiryu can pose a problem to Zoro without necessarily being stronger than him.
As it stands, Zoro is better than Shiryu in every stat which is relevant (Attack Power, 3 forms of Haki, Endurance, Swordsmanship, base stats, Range).
It's purely a game of Hide & Seek.

No one cares about your made up rules about powerups/being stronger.

Mr. 1 wasn't stronger than Zoro, yet Zoro needed a Powerup to win.
Braham/Ohm weren't stronger than Zoro, yet Zoro needed a Powerup to win.

Everything isn't black and white, Shiryu can pose a problem to Zoro without necessarily being stronger than him.
As it stands, Zoro is better than Shiryu in every stat which is relevant (Attack Power, 3 forms of Haki, Endurance, Swordsmanship, base stats, Range).
It's purely a game of Hide & Seek.
Mr 1 was stronger than Zoro lol
If you need PU for someone after struggling hard to dominate , it means you're weaker or at best equal

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Mr 1 was stronger than Zoro lol
If you need PU for someone after struggling hard to dominate , it means you're weaker or at best equal
He wasn't.
Zoro just couldn't hurt him despite landing attacks freely on him.

As i said, no one cares about your made up rules in powerscaling except you and you alone.
I know how Oda writes fights and i can come to my own conclusions.

:josad: threads like this wouldn't exist if Oda just gave him the diamond fruit instead of that stupid invisibility fruit

Anyway, I'm still hopeful for Shiryu. That nameless stab did lead to the end of Garp's career. Also, King didn't look too amazing at first, he only started looking good immediately before his fight with Zoro
Never was a fan of the diamond fruit idea, unless he has top tier CoA to combine with the diamond df, a strong barrier CoA hits or internal do the job which Zoro can

Hoenstly people shouldn’t look at Zoro vs Shiryu as Zoros stronger because he slashes harder, shiryus entire fighting style is going to be about not letting Zoro fight back.

Wouldn’t shock me if the fight starts with Shiryu stealing Zoros swords then hiding them with invisibility.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Never was a fan of the diamond fruit idea, unless he has top tier CoA to combine with the diamond df, a strong barrier CoA hits or internal do the job which Zoro can
Even if he didn't have the diamond fruit, I still think he should have had a really strong fruit to boost his offense.

Let's look at the other 2 top 3 BBPs. Teach has the strongest offensive power with the Gura, and the most evil DF. Kuzan's freezing is a very strong hax ability, and it also gives him lots of offensive options.

In comparison, invisibility is much lacking. I do like the idea of Shiryu reusing a df that a much weaker character had and showing what it really can do, but invisibility seems like a poor choice for the time being.

Shiryu has been very, very unimpressive.

As is I can't even place him above King.

He seems to be a low diff for the likes of Garp in a 1 vs 1, let alone Top Tiers in their prime.

He doesn't seem to have what it takes to give Egg Head Zoro a King level fight, let alone Raftel Zoro.

I feel like Shiryu needs a massive power up to give Zoro a difficult fight at Raftel.

Alternatively, it could be that I'm just massively overrating Zoro.
Bro, be patient. We will see when Shiryu fights Zoro. I'm sure there is a twist and dude is actually crazy strong.

No.
I'm just saying that what @ZenZu said had merit - Shiryu might have done "more" damage vs old Garp but that doesn't translate to 1v1 capabilities, especially when comparing with someone who lasted 10 days vs Akainu.
We will see, all I know right now is Shiryu has enough AP to critically injure Garp to the point his single strike damage was highlighted more than the damages Kuzan inflicted. Lets not forget Shiryu is just getting started, he will only look better in the future

I think this is one of the cases where Oda wrote himself in a corner

Like Shiryu got his fruit a month ago at best, even if there's more to the clear clear fruit, so far nothing is suggesting it, and if there is how can he master it in such a short time, and a strong haki user should be able to detect him too unless Oda again attaches more powers to it

With what he has shown so far for him to be a threat to Zoro Oda should give him some killer intemt CoA or whatever (him stabbinf the iron Garp? Being Magellan tier pre timeskip without a df, now 2 years passed he probably got better even without a df)

Considering he recently got his df, Oda may or may not give him awakening so there's a 50/50 to give the benefit of the doubt

Even if Shiryu cheats how is he going to make such a difference without some Buggy luck

Maybe there will be more small time jumps in between to reach another whole year in story or idk

Not much to suggest how he fights without his df but from what he has shown a physically enhancing paramecia or logia should have been handed to him, or a mythical zoan

Like Burgess buff buff fruit fits him

I don't see how clear clear fruit is going to help Shiryu without additional abilities attached to it but I don't want to get speculative on that, I believe it when I see it

ZenZu

Even if he didn't have the diamond fruit, I still think he should have had a really strong fruit to boost his offense.

Let's look at the other 2 top 3 BBPs. Teach has the strongest offensive power with the Gura, and the most evil DF. Kuzan's freezing is a very strong hax ability, and it also gives him lots of offensive options.

In comparison, invisibility is much lacking. I do like the idea of Shiryu reusing a df that a much weaker character had and showing what it really can do, but invisibility seems like a poor choice for the time being.
On the other hand, invisibility allows Shiryu to still retain his core fighting style. He will still deal damage as a swordsman, not as some element user. I don't like the idea of his blade eating a df, aside from diamond as that would just be the equivalent of an upgraded meito. Ignoring power levels, that's a major plus.

I don't want to see Shiryu spitting fireballs out of his blade, or turn into a circus animal.

On the other hand, invisibility allows Shiryu to still retain his core fighting style. He will still deal damage as a swordsman, not as some element user. I don't like the idea of his blade eating a df, aside from diamond as that would just be the equivalent of an upgraded meito. Ignoring power levels, that's a major plus.

I don't want to see Shiryu spitting fireballs out of his blade, or turn into a circus animal.
A fitting zoan for his fighting style could have helped him a lot more considering what was said about zoans how they specialize in hand to hand combat (or well swordsman in this case)

But maybe being prematurely here, I like to give benefit of the doubt but I need to see more at the same time

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
A fitting zoan for his fighting style could have helped him a lot more considering what was said about zoans how they specialize in hand to hand combat (or well swordsman in this case)

But maybe being prematurely here, I like to give benefit of the doubt but I need to see more at the same time
He can obtain a Zoan for his sword.
And dont worry about recently getting the DF, he will Awaken.
Both of them. :finally:

ZenZu

Aesthetically speaking, I hated Kaku turning into a giraffe.

Shiryu has always been a sneaky character, if he's awakened he can be broken while still retaining his aesthetic. Giving him a zoan would just turn the battle into something else entirely. He would probably start using his body as a weapon moreso than his blade, and you can miss me with that.

His blade being a zoan is even worse.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

I like the idea of orochis fruit. If he has to have one at all.
8 invisible giant snakes maybe even poisonous ones as a reference to magellan.