Future Events On Zoro vs Shiryu

Which is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did Greenbull look worried at all about Yamato in a 7 vs 1? She came in with a complete cheapshot to the head, failed to scratch him and he didn't give a rats ass about her, just another pest in his way.
Lmao how do you cheap shot someone from the front? Is Ryokugyu's CoO/reactions really that bad?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Last arc we had the "Zoo Pirates" hence we had Zoans all over. Damage Dealing was the major problem faced by our MCs vs these types and better Attack Power worked in most cases (except for Franky v. Sasaki & Zoro v. King).

This arc we have "DF Pirates".
Expect nothing more than gimmicky fights all over with specific/niche DF abilities with counters.

Aesthetically speaking, I hated Kaku turning into a giraffe.

Shiryu has always been a sneaky character, if he's awakened he can be broken while still retaining his aesthetic. Giving him a zoan would just turn the battle into something else entirely. He would probably start using his body as a weapon moreso than his blade, and you can miss me with that.

His blade being a zoan is even worse.
Tbh since I view the BBP counterparts as opposites to SHP I see Shiryu also similar but in a different direction to Zoro

Oda is probably gonna draw a panel where Shiryu cuts Zoro from his back, going against the principles he stands

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Last arc we had the "Zoo Pirates" hence we had Zoans all over. Damage Dealing was the major problem faced by our MCs vs these types and better Attack Power worked in most cases (except for Franky v. Sasaki & Zoro v. King).

This arc we have "DF Pirates".
Expect nothing more than gimmicky fights all over with specific/niche DF abilities with counters.
King could be seen as a gimmicky fight too then.

Any other manga, and people would respect Shiryu for being hax, but in the One Piece fanbase it's considered cheating. Zoro is too strong for a half baked gimmick to be working on him, Shiryu has to bring something special and also have solid fundamentals.

Depends on how strong his CoA is, he's definitely not ending her in two-to-three hits.
His CoA was strong enough to penetrate "Iron Garp", you know who else has skin like iron? Yeah, Big Mom. In addition, Big Mom is out of shape and kinda dumb, I believe Shiryu will be able to land multiple attacks and critically injure her

Cant wait for Shiryu vs Big Mom threads in the future to make @JoNdule lose his shit lol

Shiryu has been very, very unimpressive.

As is I can't even place him above King.

He seems to be a low diff for the likes of Garp in a 1 vs 1, let alone Top Tiers in their prime.

He doesn't seem to have what it takes to give Egg Head Zoro a King level fight, let alone Raftel Zoro.

I feel like Shiryu needs a massive power up to give Zoro a difficult fight at Raftel.

Alternatively, it could be that I'm just massively overrating Zoro.
Oda loves keeping the power level of future enemies hidden or low, before they get their first official fight.

What you're saying about Shiryu, is exactly the same thing that was said about King. We all know how that turned out amirite.

Shiryu will show out when it's time for him to do so. He's not called Shiryu of the hidden rain village for no reason

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
King could be seen as a gimmicky fight too then.

Any other manga, and people would respect Shiryu for being hax, but in the One Piece fanbase it's considered cheating. Zoro is too strong for a half baked gimmick to be working on him, Shiryu has to bring something special.
Yea, he's the same type as well. On/Off invulnerability aside from the Zoan perks.
Roof Zoro can already beat King, he didn't need KoH for that.

Make no mistake, Shiryu is still strong and hax.
He's just not stronger than Zoro imo, and as i said to you before - he poses a problem by having a specific "niche" ability which requires (better) CoO to sense. I highly doubt even Shiryu can sense his own "Invisible" self with CoO in a hypothetical Shiryu v. Shiryu matchup.

Zoro won’t get his honorable swordsman 1 vs 1 before facing Mihawk, most of his opponents til then will be glorified training tools so he can become a complete top tier.
just like King’s durability gimmick made Zoro awaken COC, increasing his AP, Shiryu’s invisibility gimmick and sneaky fighting style will take Zoro’s COO to the next level.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Shiryu’s invisibility gimmick and sneaky fighting style will take Zoro’s COO to the next level.
I cant stress enough how useless CoO is against Shiryu, lol.
FS doesnt work so useless. Basic CoO is what is needed so that is already covered.
If he can clear even his presence, Zoro is already covered in that case as well thanks to BOAT.
Funny how yall think Zoro isnt complete top tier due to "bad" CoO while the man has one of the best Observations in the world, lol.

Did Greenbull look worried at all about Yamato in a 7 vs 1? She came in with a complete cheapshot to the head, failed to scratch him and he didn't give a rats ass about her, just another pest in his way.
Momo asked her not to fight, Oda was also thus trying to save her portrayal.
And we know GB can't low diff her because Kaido couldn't, and Kaido > Greenbull.

If Zoro faces Shiryuu, he is getting packed up or it's a massive L for Zoro. Unless you think Zoro is also low diff material for admirals.
Man, if you think Zoro is also getting low diff'd by an admiral......I think it's probably not gonna age well. We'll see if Oda does something this arc with Zoro and Kizaru.

Speaking of top tiers, Luffy is a solid top tier right now. If he gonna low diff Zoro/Yamato/Shiryuu as well?
Yeah no, I see no world where Oda is ever gonna write Luffy outright low diff Zoro, just not gonna happen.

The fact Shiryu still got smacked despite setting up a whole plan with a bait to land a sneak attack on Garp and then only reappeared after Garp was defeated says a lot on how a fair fight would go between them lol
But to fair Garp's haki is likely much more advanced than Zoro. He seems more like of an COA/COC type but his COO must be top tier too
Yeah, it's very much possible that Garp has an unknown/advanced type of observation haki that Zoro doesn't

But for now, Zoro isn't looking bad in observation haki at all.
He demonstrated the sleep diff observation haki whitebeard showed, has observation haki feats/statements where he mentioned that not being able to see isn't a problem for him, etc. All he lacks is future sight here, he's quite solid otherwise.

The issue is, why did he get hit in the first place despite knowing it all?
Why didnt he low diff Shiryu?
Garp knew his intent and everything and still couldnt stop him.
And wait for Shiryu to bust out named moves, DF Awakening and another DF.
It is Garp who is getting low-diffed and you will agree after you see Shiryu's full skillset.
On some level, it's really just plot. Why didn't Ace push Luffy out of the way instead of getting in front of Akainu's attack?

I will admit though that Shiryuu's armament haki/attack power was hyped there.
Because Oda made fodders especially note that "Iron" Garp was stabbed, that was clearly put there to notify to viewers that it isn't a small feat to stab through Garp's body.

But ultimately, that's just what Shiryuu has.
He has high attack power, but dude looks like a glass canon. Dude got smacked just once and he's bleeding and huffing.

Let's ignore hypotheticals for now. Maybe Shiryuu will awaken his DF or something and be broken in the future? IDK.
My point anyway is that, from what was shown on screen, Garp is packing up Shiryuu real quick. Garp proved on screen that he can detect Shiryuu's movements even through invisibility. This effectively makes it just Garp vs base Shiryuu.
Post automatically merged:

Garp wouldn't be able to handle Yamato as easily as Green Bull. Forget Garp, most top tiers can't do it. GB and Kuzan are well-equipped to deal with numbers quickly. It doesn't apply everywhere.
This also

Greenbull dealt with Scabbards easier than Kaido did

His CoA was strong enough to penetrate "Iron Garp", you know who else has skin like iron? Yeah, Big Mom. In addition, Big Mom is out of shape and kinda dumb, I believe Shiryu will be able to land multiple attacks and critically injure her

Cant wait for Shiryu vs Big Mom threads in the future to make @JoNdule lose his shit lol
:milaugh:Yeah Morgans can hurt BM
Pre ts Luffy can hurt BM
Since they could hurt and make Garp bleed easily

Zoro won’t get his honorable swordsman 1 vs 1 before facing Mihawk, most of his opponents til then will be glorified training tools so he can become a complete top tier.
just like King’s durability gimmick made Zoro awaken COC, increasing his AP, Shiryu’s invisibility gimmick and sneaky fighting style will take Zoro’s COO to the next level.
Zoro awoke CoC because of Enma, to tame it and not because of King!

While he would get CoO upgrade because of Shiryu

Momo asked her not to fight, Oda was also thus trying to save her portrayal.
And we know GB can't low diff her because Kaido couldn't, and Kaido > Greenbull.

If Zoro faces Shiryuu, he is getting packed up or it's a massive L for Zoro. Unless you think Zoro is also low diff material for admirals.
Man, if you think Zoro is also getting low diff'd by an admiral......I think it's probably not gonna age well. We'll see if Oda does something this arc with Zoro and Kizaru.

Speaking of top tiers, Luffy is a solid top tier right now. If he gonna low diff Zoro/Yamato/Shiryuu as well?
Yeah no, I see no world where Oda is ever gonna write Luffy outright low diff Zoro, just not gonna happen.

Yeah, it's very much possible that Garp has an unknown/advanced type of observation haki that Zoro doesn't

But for now, Zoro isn't looking bad in observation haki at all.
He demonstrated the sleep diff observation haki whitebeard showed, has observation haki feats/statements where he mentioned that not being able to see isn't a problem for him, etc. All he lacks is future sight here, he's quite solid otherwise.

On some level, it's really just plot. Why didn't Ace push Luffy out of the way instead of getting in front of Akainu's attack?

I will admit though that Shiryuu's armament haki/attack power was hyped there.
Because Oda made fodders especially note that "Iron" Garp was stabbed, that was clearly put there to notify to viewers that it isn't a small feat to stab through Garp's body.

He has high attack power, but dude looks like a glass canon. Dude got smacked just once and he's bleeding and huffing.

Let's ignore hypotheticals for now. Maybe Shiryuu will awaken his DF or something and be broken in the future? IDK.
My point anyway is that, from what was shown on screen, Garp is packing up Shiryuu real quick. Garp proved on screen that he can detect Shiryuu's movements even through invisibility. This effectively makes it just Garp vs base Shiryuu.

This also

Greenbull dealt with Scabbards easier than Kaido did
Daily reminder : Luffy can low diff Zoro
Next

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Look at Kuzan's state after Garp's one attack.
Far worse than Shiryu. Neither of them are glass cannons.
Look at Zoro's state after Apoo's slash. You know what he endured afterwards and he was huffing even before Apoo...

My point anyway is that, from what was shown on screen, Garp is packing up Shiryuu real quick.
The issue is, it was Garp who was showing all he has got because this is it for him.
Shiryu didnt show anything yet.
That's why it is wise to not underestimate him until he too shows all he has got.
Is Garp packing Dragon too because he hasnt shown anything? It simply doesnt work that way...

Garp proved on screen that he can detect Shiryuu's movements even through invisibility. This effectively makes it just Garp vs base Shiryuu.
Anyone with a basic CoO can detect Shiryu.
Invisibility is nothing special and can be found on Germas and Queen as well...
Base Shiryu is plenty strong considering his equal made 3 Warlord-level characters run away from him.
According to that fact alone, pre-TS Shiryu is a top tier.

Look at Kuzan's state after Garp's one attack.
Far worse than Shiryu. Neither of them are glass cannons.
Look at Zoro's state after Apoo's slash. You know what he endured afterwards and he was huffing even before Apoo...
Sure, but Oda keep making Aokiji the main threat to Garp that keeps coming back.
Shiryuu got hit once, and then disappeared for the rest of the fight

Right about Apoo, but Zoro got postive feats after that anti feat. Shiryuu got none.

The issue is, it was Garp who was showing all he has got because this is it for him.
Shiryu didnt show anything yet.
You could argue that, but then why didn't Oda even bother to give Shiryuu a positive portrayal then.

Aokiji got anti feats too, but then got stuff that showed him in a positive light.

hat's why it is wise to not underestimate him until he too shows all he has got.
Is Garp packing Dragon too because he hasnt shown anything? It simply doesnt work that way...
Unlike Shiryuu, dragon didn't take an L yet.

Anyone with a basic CoO can detect Shiryu.
Invisibility is nothing special and can be found on Germas and Queen as well...
Base Shiryu is plenty strong considering his equal made 3 Warlord-level characters run away from him.
According to that fact alone, pre-TS Shiryu is a top tier.
I think King or Marco could've done the same as well, similar to what Magellan did.

Shiryuu on paper should be quite strong, because he was Magellan's equal in base.
But nothing on screen so far, he needs to redeem himself cause dude has nothing hyping him up other than leeching portrayal from Magellan.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
You could argue that, but then why didn't Oda even bother to give Shiryuu a positive portrayal then.
All the problems you have with Shiryu will be solved when he fights Zoro, a character far stronger than Garp.
Until then, he will get nothing, just like King didnt get anything positive until he faced Zoro.

Doesnt mean he would get packed by Garp just because the narrative focus was on Garp's student instead...
Garp and Shiryu delivered one hit to each other, one is critically wounded and weakened, the other is nearly clean. That's an L for Garp.