Future Events On Zoro vs Shiryu

Which is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All the problems you have with Shiryu will be solved when he fights Zoro, a character far stronger than Garp.
Until then, he will get nothing, just like King didnt get anything positive until he faced Zoro.
Why does Oda ensure to also show Aokiji in a positive light, unlike Shiryuu. Come on dude, clearly the way Oda sees the characters is different.

Oda can't afford to have Aokiji look bad without also looking good. Same isn't true for Shiryuu

Zoro, a character far stronger than Garp.
:pepecopium:

Doesnt mean he would get packed by Garp just because the narrative focus was on Garp's student instead...
Garp and Shiryu delivered one hit to each other, one is critically wounded and weakened, the other is nearly clean. That's an L for Garp.
Shiryuu wouldn't land that hit in a pure 1v1

All the problems you have with Shiryu will be solved when he fights Zoro, a character far stronger than Garp.
Until then, he will get nothing, just like King didnt get anything positive until he faced Zoro.

Doesnt mean he would get packed by Garp just because the narrative focus was on Garp's student instead...
Garp and Shiryu delivered one hit to each other, one is critically wounded and weakened, the other is nearly clean. That's an L for Garp.
Seems like King and Shiryu suffer from the same thing, fight at the level of their team when they outnumber the enemy. Like when he got choked with Queen, then went on to defeat Marco and even overpower Zoro the MVP/CO MVP from RT fights

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Why does Oda ensure to also show Aokiji in a positive light, unlike Shiryuu. Come on dude, clearly the way Oda sees the characters is different.

Oda can't afford to have Aokiji look bad without also looking good. Same isn't true for Shiryuu
I told you why - because narrative is focused on the teacher and his student, the whole thing has been about them.
And Kuzan actually didnt end up looking good. Failing to have an upper hand against old, retired and weakened Garp while ganging up on him with others... I already explained that Shiryu looks good and it is Garp who took an L...

lol Go ahead, make a case of Garp being stronger than Zoro. I would like to see that. :milaugh:

Shiryuu wouldn't land that hit in a pure 1v1
Whether he would or not, up for debate.
After one hit delivered to each other, we know who is on the deathbed and who isnt.

Seems like King and Shiryu suffer from the same thing, fight at the level of their team when they outnumber the enemy. Like when he got choked with Queen, then went on to defeat Marco and even overpower Zoro the MVP/CO MVP from RT fights
A common thing for Zoro's opponents.
Mr1 looked bad vs Mr2...
Ohm was grouped up with others...
Ryuma was Absalom's soldier...
However, once they show off in their 1vs1 with Zoro, we get an entirely different picture.

At this point he’s giving off yc1 with a different gimmick vibes, Zoro feels more threatening already so he would need to be challenged in a way that isn’t about physical power, like with Pica. Shiryu as it is doesn’t have the spotlight or portrayal to even get another powerup.

Kuzan was having a friendly brawl with his sensei while Shiryu went for the kill, Oda tried to spoonfeed you guys, you still cant see =>

Greenbull did say this :handsup: =>
Thats literally when the fight was over he never fought momo after that panel
Post automatically merged:

No one made any mistakes with King. It's just that no one in their right mind expected him to have a defense that surpasses Kaido's. I was actually one of the first people to notice King's impeccable defensive capabilities, yet even I didn't think Zoro wouldn't be able to scratch King when he could comfortably hurt Kaido. Peeps judged King based on that bumass Mochi and ended up being wrong as he turned out to be OP'er than what most of us expected.
Lol Why can't Oda literally just do the samething again. Your just going to say nobody expected Shiryu to be that fast or that skilled or that whatever.

We did saw it, albeit before the fruit. (vs Magellan).
We're basically comparing Magellan's near equal to Akainu's near equal.

Unless you think Magellan is on that level like @nik87 does, then there is no debate to be had.

Reg, vs Zoro - as i said, i will acknowledge Shiryu once he shows Conquerors coating. Else it's just gonna be a game of hide and seek.
1. We never saw it your making that up
2. That was 2 years ago. The BB pirates are all stronger than before. They are not a stagnant crew they grow with SH.
3. He was equal to Magellen two years ago

Actually Garp started Wobbling after Shiryu attack in that same panel Shiryu takes his sword out and is literally getting back up in the next frame. No name attack from Shiryu got Iron garb Wobbling. Shiryu literally fine at the end of the chapter
Sorry to disappoint, but Garp started wobbling after Kuzan’s punch not Shiryu’s attack you can check it again. Garp was still standing after Shiryu’s attack and only got on the ground after the punch from Kuzan.

Is that why Oda kept highlighting within a short span of two chapters what Shiryu did to Garp? =>
No one said the stab didn’t do anything, but Kuzan was the one doing the big moves remove Shiryu and the result is the same while removing Kuzan would have changed the outcome.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Named attacks in general are more powerful.
Meh, sometimes nameless attacks carry more weight behind them. Especially since the introduction of advCoC it matters that much less.

Named attacks serve a purpose but some nameless attacks have an even greater killing intent.

Sorry to disappoint, but Garp started wobbling after Kuzan’s punch not Shiryu’s attack you can check it again. Garp was still standing after Shiryu’s attack and only got on the ground after the punch from Kuzan.

No one said the stab didn’t do anything, but Kuzan was the one doing the big moves remove Shiryu and the result is the same while removing Kuzan would have changed the outcome.
Sighh Shiryu haters love to be loud and wrong huh?

Hold that L though

That was one of Kaidou's strongest attacks. If not his strongest attack in base.
Wtf no it wasn't bro stop talking out your ass. Kaido used no named attacks with his club on the sccabards they were fodder. Also Kaido was literally slapping Yamato with his club while she was on the floor but the attack that she noted that she used her Ice shield for was Thunder bagua. Lmfao at that no nane attack being his strongest attack. The Cope is real.

Greenbull just tanked a simple attack from Yamato thats it. She used ACoC so its still a good feat. Greenbull would slap her tho

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Wtf no it wasn't bro stop talking out your ass. Kaido used no named attacks with his club on the sccabards they were fodder. Also Kaido was literally slapping Yamato with his club while she was on the floor but the attack that she noted that she used her Ice shield for was Thunder bagua. Lmfao at that no nane attack being his strongest attack. The Cope is real.

Greenbull just tanked a simple attack from Yamato thats it. She used ACoC so its still a good feat. Greenbull would slap her tho
Not the same.

He absolutely smoked Kinemon. Full power.

Shiryu will be just as strong as beckman and zoro if not stronger. With him potentially beating beckman and/or forcing zoro to power up
He’s also more than his devil fruit with him being comparable to Magellan even before eating it. He’s going to be more than strong enough to keep up with them just based on his swordsmanship

Comparing a loser like king to shiryu is beyond disrespectful
:beckmoji:

You guys can't scale
Rooftop was a filler team fight which never translated to anyone's true PL bar maybe Luffy who had to 1v1 Kaido for sometime before losing

People like me (sane fans) knew King would give Zoro a tough fight and would lose easily once Zoro powers up

But as usual Zoro fans can't scale
Instead of accepting Zoro isn't on the level they thought, you boost the opponent to cope
Calling yourself a sane fan and then calling literal manga canon “filler” doesn’t add up.

Sighh Shiryu haters love to be loud and wrong huh?
I actually didn’t notice that, but wow what a surprise Garp was right after a sword that went through his chest was wobbling for a sec :okay:

Is that supposed to be impressive? Cuz we can play the same thing by saying a slam by a hakiless Garp made Shriyu bleed and huffing and buffing. Either way right after that Garp was a beast going after Kuzan who said weakiling should step aside which Shiryu become a back ground character and attacked Pizzaru showing insane speed and immense power.