Controversial Movie/TV Shows Hot Takes

DiCaprio is overrated and Brad Pitt is far better ?

• Total voters
Tbh I've rarely seen people give Arcane its flowers.

On the topic of GOT I've been seeing people talking about it like it sucked from beginning to end recently. Was the ending bad? Absolutely. Does it completely destroy GOT? I'd say no.
Both pretty rare.
I am in the camp that says GOT was great first four seasons, mid for seasons five and six, and horrendous for seasons seven and eight, and thats rare.
Most are claiming it was great until the end.

Regarding Breaking Bad, I actually agree, it was too obviously constructed for me, still good though.

TV hot takes:

Mr Robot + Succession best shows of the last decade

Sopranos is both overrated and underrated, depending on which aspect people talk about

Yellowstone massively overrated

Ted Lasso massively overrated

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
am in the camp that says GOT was great first four seasons, mid for seasons five and six, and horrendous for seasons seven and eight, and thats rare.
I'd disagree slightly. I think season 5 was alright. Not like the ones before tho. Season 6 is where it starts getting bad with some highlights tho and yeah seasons 7 and 8 are just awful.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
The Dark Knight>>any other superhero movie.
Watchmen is an amazing superhero movie too :goyea:

And I love Garfield too Lightoe :kriwhat:
Post automatically merged:

Spider man No Way Home was okay but not at all a masterpiece.

Tarantino movies have been too bloated and overlong since Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs stays his best movie

Hobbits arenโ€™t that bad movies especially the first two (the last one is worse)

And you can even say they are better than the SW prequels movies individually : dialogues, constructions, actions etc.

But the SW prequels made a far better job expanding the universe, creating new things, hyping us etc compared to the Hobbit trilogy.

Clone Wars movie is objectively a bad movie or really really average, but it made a lasting impression because of the story and elements it introduced (and the memes) : the clones, Jango Fett, Dooku etc etc

Last edited:

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Peaky Blinders post Luca are dog shit and Tommy isnt that good a character. Arthur and Alfie are better

Breaking bad isnt that good, i would rate BCS above it

Ben Afleck is best Batman

Havenโ€™t watched BCS, couldnโ€™t get past first 10 mins.
Star Wars shouldnโ€™t be as popular as it is.
Two and Half men was peak comedy in first few seasons when Charlie was around.
Two broke girls was funnier than I expected it to be.
Squid Games make no real sense to be so much hype show.
Boys should be more popular.

Friends and How I Met Your Mother barely count as sit coms and have no replay value. Malcolm in the Middle holds up way better.

Marvel movies are just a cash grab and most likely a money loundering scheme to some extent, considering the amount of high budget movies they shit out yearly.

Today, movies rely to much on meme potential than actual quality. Though that's mostly on the consumers who lap up meme worthy screenshots rather than pay attention to the plot.

Marvel movies are just a cash grab and most likely a money loundering scheme to some extent, considering the amount of high budget movies they shit out yearly.

Today, movies rely to much on meme potential than actual quality. Though that's mostly on the consumers who lap up meme worthy screenshots rather than pay attention to the plot.
Marvel movies are definitely a cash grab scheme. They shouldโ€™ve just let it end with End game. Imagine being new to movies and have to go through 25 movies to better understand the plot.

Friends and How I Met Your Mother barely count as sit coms and have no replay value. Malcolm in the Middle holds up way better.

Oh yeah there are no nice shows like scrubs or Malcolm in the middle anymore

True, especially these Marvel movies. They provide good Cinema experience but that's just it.

I've realised the best movies got casted in 90s.

JoJo is overrated.
I tried getting into Star Wars, but couldn't.

LOTR Hobits are also overrated. They're good but i never felt the hype they got.

GOT until 5th was great. After that it started declining.. 6th wasn't bad either. But after 2nd ep of 8th it just hit bottom.

Arcane is amazing, aside from Nat/Ratchet i didn't hear anyone saying they didn't like it.