Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 981 : "Engagement"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but unfortunately some immature people actually think Oda is making them look like jokes.
ROFL you said the same thing. People think he's "messing up" as if they created the characters and understand them best.

It's a gag manga so you can't take these logic gaffes seriously. But if you want to, consider that the Beast Pirates are failing where the WCI cover was immediately blown. Pretty balanced.

O

Omaiwaa

BMP confirmed weak to flying types

Good chapter & no break!! Wonder how the Chopper/BM situation will go & excited to see some Marco (vs King?!) Action

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
BMP confirmed weak to flying types

Good chapter & no break!! Wonder how the Chopper/BM situation will go & excited to see some Marco (vs King?!) Action
It depends on Big Mom motives. If she wants to betray Kaido she might form a deal with SH's or just kidnap Chopper to make Luffy come to her.

N

NeutralWatcher

Why did Apoo retreat from Whole Cake Island if his df is so broken? He might fight Cracker and since you need to cover your ears to avoid being sliced, I think his df attacks eardrum and Cracker Biscuit Soldiers don't have eardrum or internal organs (just my theory).

I can see Flampe betrays Big Mom Pirates and join Beast Pirates when she is threatened to death by Beast Pirates if she is captured. I think this chapter foreshadows that when she says she wants to gain Kaido's favour.

I love Apoo as character
But strength-wise
It was annoying to endure last week people saying outrageous things like Apoo > Katakuri

Like wtf!?
Just because he got the better if Zoro and Luffy, they justified it by saying he's stronger than Katakuri? They can't accept the idea of saying "Luffy and Zoro slipped last chapter", but they would rather shit on YC, just to justify the outrageous showings of them last chapter!

So, overall, I like the dude, just stating facts about his strength doesn't make me a hater

And liking a character for Strength only is what makes a fan, not a true fan.... stating facts like he belongs below flying 6 doesn't make me hater, rather it makes me aknowledge the superiority strengthwise for Flying 6, nothing else...

And you can't deny the weakness of plugging the eat is not deadly!

It's fucking huuuuge weakness! and I have doubts of an ancient Zoan would lose in close combat to him without apoo using his Df ability!

Again, stating facts, specially since Apoo is Loyal to Kaido as we see, was with Kaido for a good time, and also Kaido crew ranking is based on strength alone since everyone has a right to ascend if he was stronger

Don't make me a hater bro Lol
You right but the part you sayed he not flying six based of this chapter made you sound like a hater like he wont even be trying to take on 3 supernova and be a F6 if he not ready and we both know he aint like them Fodders

What an amazing chapter. So much to discuss here. I love Whos whos crew. They seem to have a cat theme. I hope he has a DF of some type of an ancient cat.

Marco is officially back! He looks amazing too! Hope we get a great aerial battle between King and Marco.

Also it feels like Kaido's own crew is just gonna crumble on its own. Too many people want to kill each other or take each other out. They are very strong but ultimately their lack of loyalty will be the downfall of the beast pirates.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Pirate alliances don't have happy endings.
Law traitor theory becomes real soon?
:milaugh::milaugh:
Law - Luffy alliances or Kaido - Big Mom alliances? :kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

Could Black Maria be related to Stussy with the red light district thing? Like how marines infiltrated BPs with Drake, World Government and CP0 also infiltrated them by sending Black Maria?

Tobi Roppo will do more harm than good to BPs with them Sasaki, and Who's who in it lol.
Why many people saying that Maria related to stussy because of the red light district thing. Can you explain this to me? lol.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Why did Apoo retreat from Whole Cake Island if his df is so broken? He might fight Cracker and since you need to cover your ears to avoid being sliced, I think his df attacks eardrum and Cracker Biscuit Soldiers don't have eardrum or internal organs (just my theory).

I can see Flampe betrays Big Mom Pirates and join Beast Pirates when she is threatened to death by Beast Pirates if she is captured. I think this chapter foreshadows that when she says she wants to gain Kaido's favour.
Or cause kata would just put some ear plugs in the whole crew like he did when BM screamed.

N

NeutralWatcher

Or cause kata would just put some ear plugs in the whole crew like he did when BM screamed.
So Katakuri foresaw that there was an enemy that could damage his crews with sound based df? That's too broken for Katakuri's FS to foresee that far. There should be a weakness to Apoo's df that Oda hasn't introduced to us. Otherwise he would not retreat from Whole Cake Island like that unless he fought Cracker whose Biscuit Soldiers don't have eardrum so Apoo's df which attacks eardrum (since you need to cover your ears to avoid being sliced) didn't work on Cracker's Biscuit Soldier since Biscuit Soldier doesn't have internal organs but this is just my headcannon.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Yo @Pantheos are you mad on Oda for this?

If my favorite character would get treated like that I would be very mad.
Oh sh*t my favorite character got treated the same damn you Oda:josad:
got no problem with that, Apoo is supposed to be strong, but he didn’t fainted, he didn’t got a lot of damage, nothing to be mad about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but unreality enjoy the chemistry between the 3 idiots and the brain. They could be one crew. :D
Post automatically merged:

So Katakuri foresaw that there was an enemy that could damage his crews with sound based df? That's too broken for Katakuri's FS to foresee that far. There should be a weakness to Apoo's df that Oda hasn't introduced to us. Otherwise he would not retreat from Whole Cake Island like that unless he fought Cracker whose Biscuit Soldiers don't have eardrum so Apoo's df which attacks eardrum (since you need to cover your ears to avoid being sliced) didn't work on Cracker's Biscuit Soldier since Biscuit Soldier doesn't have internal organs but this is just my headcannon.
Killer got the information how to deal with it, Katakuri will figure it too. Also, we have no idea how this dmg would apply on f.e. a mochi Body.

Status
Not open for further replies.