Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 981 : "Engagement"

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't get up in time. Marco pretty much told them by the time they get up the era would have changed. That little speech was the highlight of the chapter for me. Oh and Izou commenting Marco hasn't been fighting since the war.
Marco's speech doesn't mean they won't enter Onigashima and participate during the battle, they will probably go through the secret entrance next time. If Oda didn't want the BMP to participate during the war then he shouldn't have brought Big Mom and her crew in the fist place, this is going to be a huge war in which many characters including the BMP are going to be involved.

Marco's speech doesn't mean they won't enter Onigashima and participate during the battle, they will probably go through the secret entrance next time. If Oda didn't want the BMP to participate during the war then he shouldn't have brought Big Mom and her crew in the fist place, this is going to be a huge war in which many characters including the BMP are going to be involved.
Marco pretty much told them they won't make it in time. I'm not making this shit up. Did you read that panel? It's not what I want to happen but in my opinion that was Oda telling us those guys won't participate in the war.

To everyone that said Luffy doesn't actually have FS because Appo landed a hit on him last chapter or he needed Zoro's remark about Appo's upcoming attack, hold this L!

Average chapter. Marco's entrance was the peak of it. And there was some funny interaction between the four WG. I think the other WGs will gradually be added and all will be at the same place when they reach kaido. That seems to be the direction the story goes for the first part of the war.

I don't feel comfortable with Oda and BM in this arc, .... or any other arc for that matter. There're a lot of ways story can get worse with her in this arc and very few ways to not get worse.

And what was with that arrow Luffy blocked for kidd from the BP guy? They explode?

N

NeutralWatcher

They're pirates lol. I don't think that cheats would out of character. Luffy also sometimes uses whatever means necessary. Most of them don't have a moral code, but there are clear outliers
Without cheating Apoo is too strong for most high tiers. :finally:

High durability(got up after Kidd's named attack)+attack that bypass blocking+attack range that is based the range you can still hear sound. Apoo can make it to YC if he knows armament or observation haki or awakening. Or Apoo might be at YC level already.

S

SinOfGreed

Without cheating Apoo is too strong for most high tiers. :finally:

High durability(got up after Kidd's named attack)+attack that bypass blocking+attack range that is based the range you can still hear sound. Apoo can make it to YC if he knows armament or observation haki or awakening. Or Apoo might be at YC level.
Apoo would lose to any character with mid durability and high fighting IQ. Once you learn how his DF works, you can beat him down.
Post automatically merged:

after finding yamato, he might be interested in the infiltrators.
I think it's more likely he goes directly for Queen. I think a different F6 member will find Yamato so he'll just say fk it and go straight for Queen.

S

SinOfGreed

Even if you know you need to cover your ears which is a great nerf if you fight with hands or weapons that require hands to use that weapon.
True
Post automatically merged:

Of course :p I think every F6 is destined to fight hehehehe just like it happened with CP9
6 F6 members, 10 SH's. Who do you think will be fighting them?

Big Mom's crew confirmed as the opponent in Elbaf for me !

What a great chapter. We get to see Apoo, who seems to be more of a broken man that I'd have thought (which is probably why Kidd considers him trash). We understand his power better, get to have a good look at a Number - he looks kind of dumb but in a funny way, at least.

Big Mom's make-up is just the worst in the best way.
Please no, Dont bring back Big Mom, I have enough of this Yonko joke... like all that incompetent crew...! I am up for a Zoro vs Katakuri though :finally:

Status
Not open for further replies.