General & Others At what point does "inspiration" become close to "ripping off"?

One Piece fanboys acting like their usual self. Oda goes out googling other people's work. I can give a pass to some of these, but the Joy Boy one had me laughing. At some point, you need to stop googling other people's work. Just because you can't come up with ideas, doesn't make it okay for you to google other peoples work and pass it off as your own.

Now, let us all hail to Kishimoto our lord and savior. We miss you Kishi.

One Piece fanboys acting like their usual self. Oda goes out googling other people's work. I can give a pass to some of these, but the Joy Boy one had me laughing. At some point, you need to stop googling other people's work. Just because you can't come up with ideas, doesn't make it okay for you to google other peoples work and pass it off as your own.

Now, let us all hail to Kishimoto our lord and savior. We miss you Kishi.
You never drew wrote or created music do you ?

Wano and Skypeia backstory were basically a copy of, "Plato's, Atlantis". WCI theme was basically, "Alice in Wonderland". Ancient weapons are based off Greek mythology stories. G5 is from Tom & Jerry. Joy Boy from west Africa story. Many examples like this.

It is fine to look for inspiration and add them to your story, however, your entire story can't be constantly looking for other stories for "inspiration". There is a fine line between "inspiration" and "ripping off". At what point does "inspiration" become "ripping off"?

Common Lee W

One Piece fans 😂 . Whenever I insult Oda they take it personally as if I am insulting their family.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, me saying let us all hail Kishi was a joke you numskull to mock yall who keep talking about Naruto.
No, you just insult good storytelling as a whole. That's why it gets personnal for me.

Wano and Skypeia backstory were basically a copy of, "Plato's, Atlantis". WCI theme was basically, "Alice in Wonderland". Ancient weapons are based off Greek mythology stories. G5 is from Tom & Jerry. Joy Boy from west Africa story. Many examples like this.

It is fine to look for inspiration and add them to your story, however, your entire story can't be constantly looking for other stories for "inspiration". There is a fine line between "inspiration" and "ripping off". At what point does "inspiration" become "ripping off"?

Calm down Literature professor

C

CensoredbyWG

Yes, oda steals a LOT of stuff, but its still interesting so we keep a close eye to that.

Naruto's up from beginning to the end of sasuke retrieval arc is literally a copy of HxH lol.

Bleach is my favorite, but i do admit that it was heavily influenced by yuyu hakusho.

Put things into perspective about how togashi is the goat, his shows literally birthed two of the big 3.

Basically all authors are doing this
By plagiarism I meant the slang term like ripping off.
Every mythology rips off other older mythologies,the old testament literally ripped off Egyptian stories.
eclipsing it’s inspiration in fame
Not an argument
Absolute creativity is something that does not exist. In reality creativity is reconstruction and inspiration remodeling. In short creation is all about finding a way to make old idea into your new one.
THIS‼️
Yeah, imagine going to a school where you learn magic arts Ninja skills and your main enemy is a snake-y guy that is well know for corrupting people.
Naruto "ripped off" Harry Potter?

Yeah, imagine going to a school where you learn magic arts Ninja skills and your main enemy is a snake-y guy that is well know for corrupting people.
And imagine learning to walk on walls using only your Hamon chakra.

Inspiration is not plagiarism.

He also said that fishman island is a copy of atlantis, or some retarded shit like that.

Oh btw this thread is a rehash
Bodied the nartotard