One Piece Chapter 1090: "Admiral Kizaru"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
@Pringles
Non trolling answer :
Shanks reacted that way from using first sight and seeing Kid massacre his fleet, Luffy is reacting that way from sensing Kizaru’s power as a chapter ending cliffhanger.
Sure you can claim Luffy saw a vision of Kizaru massacring his weaker crewmates, but this is not how the chapter presents it. Based on what we have.

@Pringles
Non trolling answer :
Shanks reacted that way from using first sight and seeing Kid massacre his fleet, Luffy is reacting that way from sensing Kizaru’s power as a chapter ending cliffhanger.
Sure you can claim Luffy saw a vision of Kizaru massacring his weaker crewmates, but this is not how the chapter presents it. Based on what we have.
I agree 100% with this. Let's just wait and see for ourselves. I would love for some real tension to be built but I'm afraid that, based on how Oda writes, it'll go the way I mentioned in my previous comment. After all, this will constitute the "Egghead incident" that will "shock the entire world". We have to remain realistic.

A blitz mid charging up an attack aimed at other people?

Yes. Red Rat Shanks panicked and let go of the unspoken rules
What unspoken rule did Shanks break? Also does it really matter that kid was charging up his attack what's stopping shanks from the exact same thing in 1 v 1 when Kidd pulls out his washing machine again

What unspoken rule did Shanks break?
don't interfere in a mans battle.

Also does it really matter that kid was charging up his attack what's stopping shanks from the exact same thing in 1 v 1 when Kidd pulls out his washing machine again
????

Kid could just aim it at him. It is very different to be aiming your attack and several ships and suddenly there's a rat right above you compared to a 1on1 where you know there's only 1 target

I agree 100% with this. Let's just wait and see for ourselves. I would love for some real tension to be built but I'm afraid that, based on how Oda writes, it'll go the way I mentioned in my previous comment. After all, this will constitute the "Egghead incident" that will "shock the entire world". We have to remain realistic.
I don't think Egghead will be something as generic x character getting his ass beat considering that happens every arc. I expect something related to Blackbeard Pirates meddling and taking advantage of the chaos.

@Kurozumi Wiwi how would you react if Luffy pulls the Kid treatment on Kizaru? Just genuinely curious

I don't personally know what would be the best issue to this fight
I'd drop the series. But this is not something I actually worry about. Even if Kizaru were to lose I'm sure he's giving a much bigger fight than Lucci lol.

Very weak chapter. Just setup for a battle and Saturn seems to be an incompetent leader. He's losing his calm too fast.

Anyway it's not clear from the last page whether Kizaru drops Sentomaru or not. We only see the impact, not the result. All that light might be the awakening, question being is does it blind opponents? Super speed and blocking vision is powerful. But the sun god should be more powerful by default.

Anyway dropping manga 4 months if Lozaru doesn't get floored next chapter. Not interested in that character at all.