Current Events Complete and Utter Terror: The Admirals Keep the Yonko Awake at Night

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
here its just Luffy saying something with one drop of sweat on his right cheek
No it’s not. Look at the Kanji translation I posted. Luffy was literally physically shivering in fear.

I agree that Ryokugyu’s reaction to Celestial Dragon Shanks wasn’t a big deal, and I do think Luffy’s reaction to Kizaru is inconclusive lol. I’m just saying this is objective proof that Admirals and Yonko are a lot more relative than most believe.

Still not sure my man. There are 30k marines, seraphim and a Gorosei present. The Straw Hats are completely outmatched here.
S-Bear is 99% likely to disobey Saturn. This chapter further reinforced that Vegapunk wasn’t able to completely remove the Warlord’s personalities from their Seraphim, and Kuma is very rebellious, anti-WG, and cares deeply for his daughter. S-Bear could be exposed to Kuma’s memories too, which would make him more likely to rebel against his programming (S-Bear may even be able to repel the programming from his brain like how he can repel pain and memories)

No it’s not. Look at the Kanji translation I posted. Luffy was literally physically shivering in fear.

Kanji here has Fuji shuddering/shivering, I guess Fuji is super afraid of Zoro now.

I agree that Ryokugyu’s reaction to Celestial Dragon Shanks wasn’t a big deal, and I do think Luffy’s reaction to Kizaru is inconclusive lol. I’m just saying this is objective proof that Admirals and Yonko are a lot more relative than most believe.
No duh.

Of course I dont mate, Im just using the same energy lee does.

Is Luffy surprised/worried? Sure! Is he terrified like this thread is implying? No.
Whatever Luffy feels, it is clearly much stronger than whatever than Fujitora did. This is not "up to interpretation" tbh
Fujitora isn't even dropping a sweat in that panel (which is the most basic stuff Oda draws to show a character feeling a strong worry/surprise/shock/fear like emotion).

Also Fuji's expert at sensing people emotion
Likely that he reacted to Zoro's killing intent when he threw the slash (as the whole devil/demon-like aura that give people the creep is part of Zoro the character), you got stuff like that with Kaido and BM reacting to Enma's aura.
In this instance Luffy is reacting to Kizaru's power.

Lee can troll all he wants but let's not throw Fujitora under the bus for a very different situation. Use Ryokugyu's reaction to St Figarland Jr if you want to defend emperors honor intead lol.

Lee can troll all he wants but let's not throw Fujitora under the bus for a very different situation. Use Ryokugyu's reaction to St Figarland Jr if you want to defend emperors honor intead lol.
Im the last one who would besmirch my main man like that, I dont even know why you asked me If I believed the situations were similar.

I dont particularly care about defending any honor here, I just think people are being hyperbolic as fuck and that can backfire when anything bad starts happening to Kizaru.

that can backfire when anything bad starts happening to Kizaru.
You're just being overly cautious cuz of the Greenbull situation.

Oda would not have Luffy say "someone very powerful is coming" while sweating and then clown them.

Kizaru looses here but it's going to be a tough enough fight that the future admiral matchups are still interesting.

I think Oda is trying to "repair" admirals' reputation here. I mean, first we have Kuzan fighting against Garp, and now Kizaru.

Whatever happens, it is not going to be easy for Straw Hats, and I can honestly see them losing here (though I don't consider it likely), because... quite frankly, I think Kizaru might be the strongest admiral, be it from the OG3 or the current group. There is a reason why he is a lazy f*** who never goes all out... Oda was basically saving him for something impressive, I think.

I hope Oda will deliver.

You're just being overly cautious cuz of the Greenbull situation.

Oda would not have Luffy say "someone very powerful is coming" while sweating and then clown them.

Kizaru looses here but it's going to be a tough enough fight that the future admiral matchups are still interesting.
Imo Luffy beats Admiral Kizaru high/extreme diff on Egghead

Luffy will have gotten a powerup by the time he fights Fleet Admiral Sakazuki, and that version of Luffy will win extreme diff while Zoro and Sanji beat Admirals Fujitora and Ryokugyu

Im the last one who would besmirch my main man like that, I dont even know why you asked me If I believed the situations were similar.

I dont particularly care about defending any honor here, I just think people are being hyperbolic as fuck and that can backfire when anything bad starts happening to Kizaru.
Well you brought up that Fuji panel to somehow prove Luffy's reaction isn't a big deal ,so I assume you believe the two scenes are the same lol.

As I said in my more serious posts back in the the spoilers and chapter thread the exact emotion Luffy is feeling isn't that important (surprise/shock/fear/worry), as people intepret facial expressions differently depending on their agenda.
But he's clearly reacting strongly to sensing Kizaru's power, and Oda having that scene as a cliffhanger ( common sense says last page content containing cliff hangers makes it more hype) is clearly mean to be some great hype to Kizaru. So yeah kind of a big deal, whatever happens to Kizaru next chapters.
There's a reason why admirals haters spent the last days trying to convince themselves Luffy is reacting to Saturn/Shanks/Dragon/Rocks's ghost lol instead.