General & Others Luffy haki training 3.0

You know why Luffy was only trained on the basics of haki?

It's cause old man Rayleigh even stated you can only truly be taught the basics of CoO and CoA - CoC is another thing all together. & that his haki will bloom when he faces stronger opponents with stronger Haki, hence he learned FS from Kata and Ryou advancement from Kaido
? Ok
I still think itโ€™s possible he might develop his haki even further before the final battle

Yeah his haki and devil fruit are probably maxed out right now
I don't think so. Devil fruit perhaps, but until he pulls off Galaxy Impact and similar stuff, I wouldn't say his haki is maxed out... if haki can even be maxed out.

Unless you mean that he won't be learning any new Haki techniques, in which case I agree, but I wouldn't call that "maxed out".

Doubt Luffy could show Shankโ€™s level of CoC so thereโ€™s room to grow. CoO probably is maxed out while CoA is hard to tell cuz I think he could make stronger still, but he is near to max it out.
I don't think Luffy has Shanks' level of CoO either. Remember that Shanks was able to see future couple of minutes in advance (when he predicted Kidd's Damned Punk). I don't remember Luffy ever showing that level of future sight? Best I remember from him is several seconds in advance or so.

Nope. The only statement of combining CoA with CoC came with G5. I don't know why you are talking about combining with DF. That wasn't my line.

Kaido said that initially Luffy couldn't use ACoC properly and that basically changed when they sky splitted. But you said that Shanks would show new uses of CoC and now you are denying? Whatever. CoC is based on user strength. You have to become overall stronger to have a stronger CoC. And again Luffy peaked. He isn't getting any stronger.
CoC is based on user's willpower, not his combat strength. I have doubt that Blackbear e.g. has CoC despite being a monster in terms of physical strength.

H

Herrera95

We don't but it's not like we aren't smart enough to deduce that there will be 6G and 7G and 8G just like iPhone didn't stop at 5.

Gear 5 should be enough for most yonko and admirals as Kaido was seen as being peak. It might still be competitive but Gear 5 wins. And like in any shonen the next villains have to be even stronger so BB, Imu and perhaps FA Akainu are worthy of Gear 6.
G6 is predicted for 2030 and Oda wants to end One Piece before that. There goes your answer. Plus...

Post automatically merged:

Shanks also used FS against Kidd, and displayed ability to see about a minute or even couple of minutes into the future, whereas for most other characters we have seen a couple of seconds at most.
Shanks FS wasn't hyped at all. He just used to protect the weak.

And where this headcannon of him seeing a minute or more in the future comes from?

You think that the whole process of him leaving his ship and hitting Kid took over a minute? Hell Shanks is so slow then...
Post automatically merged:

CoC is based on user's willpower, not his combat strength. I have doubt that Blackbear e.g. has CoC despite being a monster in terms of physical strength.
Dude...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shanks FS wasn't hyped at all. He just used to protect the weak.

And where this headcannon of him seeing a minute or more in the future comes from?

You think that the whole process of him leaving his ship and hitting Kid took over a minute? Hell Shanks is so slow then...
I'm saying about him predicting Kidd's attack and its effects. How quickly Shanks took out Kidd has no bearing on that, question is how long will it have taken for Kidd's "Damned Punk" to take effect. And to me it definitely looked like something that took time.

What I wrote: "CoC is based on user's willpower, not his combat strength."
Rayleigh: "It is the embodiement of the spirit of the user".

"User growing stronger" does call my interpretation into question, but on the flip side, combat strength itself is very dependant on willpower. Remember how Big Mom becomes vulnerable when distressed?

In other words, one doesn't improve Conqueror's Haki by growing stronger, but rather, one grows stronger by improving their willpower - which includes Conqueror's Haki.

H

Herrera95

I'm saying about him predicting Kidd's attack and its effects. How quickly Shanks took out Kidd has no bearing on that, question is how long will it have taken for Kidd's "Damned Punk" to take effect. And to me it definitely looked like something that took time.
How quick you think? I would take more than a minute?

In my perspective it was a few seconds for Shanks to leave his ship and beats Kid. Kid would take a bit more than that to crush the ships. His Danmed Punk is fast from each shot and it would destroy those ships easily since he could destroy Onigashima floors while hitting Big Mom.

What I wrote: "CoC is based on user's willpower, not his combat strength."
Rayleigh: "It is the embodiement of the spirit of the user".

"User growing stronger" does call my interpretation into question, but on the flip side, combat strength itself is very dependant on willpower. Remember how Big Mom becomes vulnerable when distressed?

In other words, one doesn't improve Conqueror's Haki by growing stronger, but rather, one grows stronger by improving their willpower - which includes Conqueror's Haki.
There is nothing about willpower on Rayleigh's statement.

Your line about Big Mom makes no sense. Big Mom being vulnerable when distressed doesn't mean her willpower decreased lol. She was just not using her haki at time.

How quick you think? I would take more than a minute?

In my perspective it was a few seconds for Shanks to leave his ship and beats Kid. Kid would take a bit more than that to crush the ships. His Danmed Punk is fast from each shot and it would destroy those ships easily since he could destroy Onigashima floors while hitting Big Mom.
It was definitely few seconds for Shanks to leave his ship and beat Kid. But I'm talking about how long it would take for:
1) Kid to charge up his attack
2) Kid to release the attack
3) Attack to take the effect

Because what Shanks saw was the end point of the attack.

Look at the page:

Basically, we have enough time for:
1) Kid to start preparing the attack and Shanks to notice that
2) Shanks to give orders to his crew (several seconds)
3) Shanks and Ben to comment on the damage
4) Shanks to fly over to Kid and for Kid to notice him and comment on it

In my estimate, just the dialogue between Shanks noticing and him launching himself at Kid would take some 15 seconds at least. More like 20 - 25 seconds if they are not speedtalking. Add another couple of seconds for Shanks to reach Kid and beat him, and several more seconds that Kid will have taken to launch his attack and attack to reach the fleet had Shanks not stopped him, and it may have taken comfortably more than half a minute.

So shorter than my original estimate, but definitely more than a few seconds into the future.

On the flip side, I just noticed that Kid himself said "I'll annihilate all of you in 10 seconds", meaning that all of the above goes out of the water as we actually have a solid timeframe for how long Kid's attack will have taken to take effect. So not only is Shanks a good speed-talker but he is ridiculously fast as well. Chances are, he reached Kid in maybe one second after the end of the dialogue?

There is nothing about willpower on Rayleigh's statement.

Your line about Big Mom makes no sense. Big Mom being vulnerable when distressed doesn't mean her willpower decreased lol. She was just not using her haki at time.
Not using her haki... because she is distressed.

H

Herrera95

It was definitely few seconds for Shanks to leave his ship and beat Kid. But I'm talking about how long it would take for:
1) Kid to charge up his attack
2) Kid to release the attack
3) Attack to take the effect

Because what Shanks saw was the end point of the attack.

Look at the page:

Basically, we have enough time for:
1) Kid to start preparing the attack and Shanks to notice that
2) Shanks to give orders to his crew (several seconds)
3) Shanks and Ben to comment on the damage
4) Shanks to fly over to Kid and for Kid to notice him and comment on it

In my estimate, just the dialogue between Shanks noticing and him launching himself at Kid would take some 15 seconds at least. More like 20 - 25 seconds if they are not speedtalking. Add another couple of seconds for Shanks to reach Kid and beat him, and several more seconds that Kid will have taken to launch his attack and attack to reach the fleet had Shanks not stopped him, and it may have taken comfortably more than half a minute.

So shorter than my original estimate, but definitely more than a few seconds into the future.

On the flip side, I just noticed that Kid himself said "I'll annihilate all of you in 10 seconds", meaning that all of the above goes out of the water as we actually have a solid timeframe for how long Kid's attack will have taken to take effect. So not only is Shanks a good speed-talker but he is ridiculously fast as well. Chances are, he reached Kid in maybe one second after the end of the dialogue?

Not using her haki... because she is distressed.
It doesn't take long for Kid to charge his attack and he releases instantly, lol! The charge time is all the time before the release.

We saw by Shanks's visions that the attack effects are immediately after the release.

Dude Kid's line is saying he would take 10 seconds to annihilate them. And you are headcannoing about over a minute.

In fact Big Mom does used her haki when distressed.

It doesn't take long for Kid to charge his attack and he releases instantly, lol! The charge time is all the time before the release.

We saw by Shanks's visions that the attack effects are immediately after the release.
Are they? Fact is, we simply don't know. We see impacts on the ships, and yes, it might be immediately after release. But we simply do not know if it is.

Dude Kid's line is saying he would take 10 seconds to annihilate them. And you are headcannoing about over a minute.
You know, it might help if you actually read the post you are replying to:
In fact Big Mom does used her haki when distressed.
She used conqueror's haki because she was distressed. Which proves that her Haki usage is affected by her emotional state.

Remember that the entire point of causing her distress was to make her vulnerable? Meaning that her defense is based directly on her will. And what is based around the concept of willpower? Haki.

So yes, she stopped using / had a slip in using her haki in defensive due to her distress.

H

Herrera95

Are they? Fact is, we simply don't know. We see impacts on the ships, and yes, it might be immediately after release. But we simply do not know if it is.
Here. Charging up, releasing and attack travel in just 2 pages. Big Mom couldn't even dodge it.

We already have the 10 seconds statement but you are denying for the sake of denying.

You know, it might help if you actually read the post you are replying to:
I read that but you weren't specific about what you were talking to.

She used conqueror's haki because she was distressed. Which proves that her Haki usage is affected by her emotional state.

Remember that the entire point of causing her distress was to make her vulnerable? Meaning that her defense is based directly on her will. And what is based around the concept of willpower? Haki.

So yes, she stopped using / had a slip in using her haki in defensive due to her distress.
She wasn't distressed when fighting Kaido yet she sky splitted with him. So she is perfectly fine with using haki without messing up her emotions.

And same time we have Big Mom being vulnerable and defending herself with haki. So what is the point? There is nothing talking about will in that Big Mom scenario it is her mind that got twisted by Madre Carmel picture being destroyed.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
โ€Ž
Haki wise we might get something from shanks. CoC susanoo? If Asura is merely an illusion, why would it be zoro's most powerful move? There must be more to it.
Df wise I don't think we have grasped the full scope of nika's abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if luffy actually creates a weapon, or more than one. Nika silhouette had a spear and a sword.
Hell we still don't know what's so special about the form, beyond the fighting hacks. WG shitting their pants just because someone is very strong isn't enough somehow. Nika has hidden hacks we haven't seen yet.
Luffy has always been DF-centric character while Zoro was the one with haki.
I dont know if there is anything more left from CoC, we will see.
I gave my explanation what Zoro's Asura is in Pinacle of Dreams and Manifestation of Power thread.

It will always remain Zoro's most powerful ability because it absorbs everything.
Whatever Zoro can do, he can do it in Asura too and it will be far more powerful than without Asura.

Well, I could imagine a Looney Toon pulling a knife or a shotgun out of his pockets.

Here. Charging up, releasing and attack travel in just 2 pages. Big Mom couldn't even dodge it.

We already have the 10 seconds statement but you are denying for the sake of denying.
OK.

She wasn't distressed when fighting Kaido yet she sky splitted with him. So she is perfectly fine with using haki without messing up her emotions.

And same time we have Big Mom being vulnerable and defending herself with haki. So what is the point? There is nothing talking about will in that Big Mom scenario it is her mind that got twisted by Madre Carmel picture being destroyed.
Uh, not my point. Of course she wasn't distressed when fighting Kaido, what I'm talking about is that her being distressed messes with her Haki.

H

Herrera95

Haki is literally willpower, so I'm not sure what are you trying to say here?
The terminology of it is willpower but how characters describe their usage is not.

You don't get stronger by having more will. This is ridiculous and not supported on manga. You get stronger by training and getting physically stronger.

The terminology of it is willpower but how characters describe their usage is not.

You don't get stronger by having more will. This is ridiculous and not supported on manga. You get stronger by training and getting physically stronger.
You - X. The point - X.

You do understand that training can help both physical and mental fortitude without them necessarily being directly related?

Or to put it other way: training will improve both physical strength and haki, but that does not mean that great physical strength = great haki. Somebody can be naturally weak (e.g. Coby) yet still end up with great haki, and somebody else can have naturally extreme strength without ever developing great haki.

But because most people don't have extremes of one or another, there is correlation between great physical strength and strong haki. But correlation is not causation.

H

Herrera95

You - X. The point - X.

You do understand that training can help both physical and mental fortitude without them necessarily being directly related?

Or to put it other way: training will improve both physical strength and haki, but that does not mean that great physical strength = great haki. Somebody can be naturally weak (e.g. Coby) yet still end up with great haki, and somebody else can have naturally extreme strength without ever developing great haki.

But because most people don't have extremes of one or another, there is correlation between great physical strength and strong haki. But correlation is not causation.
In case of CoC great physical strength is great haki. Rayleigh is very specific about it.

And he never said your mental strength would help you with haki.

Only FS works like that since you need to be calm.