Character Discussion Kaido's hybrid form could also be coated in "magma-fire."

Can Kaido use his draconic hybrid mode with magma coating?

• Total voters
S

Sasaki Kojirō

Well, it's been a long time since Kaido amazed everyone by enveloping himself in special dragon flames and becoming much larger, easily surpassing the length of an island. However, can Kaido's ability to control and shape the flames to create a massive avatar of himself be used in his hybrid form?

The answer to this situation is: Yes, he can do that.

Firstly, because Kaido demonstrated the ability to use the heat breath in his hybrid form.

In his hybrid form, Kaido can also employ elemental attacks such as his invisible wind blades, albeit in smaller quantities:

The point is that there's nothing preventing Kaido from enveloping himself in flames as hot as magma to further increase the lethality of his attacks and enhance them using Adcoc. The form that Kaido could create would be something like this:

"But Sasaki Kojiro, why didn't Kaido use this form then?!" That's what you're wondering now.

Well, Kaido has been portrayed as a magician pulling things out of his hat only when necessary, such as the case with Shurron Hakke and his modes, Fs, Flaming Bagua. The thing is, during most of his fight against Luffy, let's say before Gear 5, Kaido didn't need an increase in lethality because he had more than enough AP to take down Gear 4, as we saw in the panel. And after Gear 5 emerged, Kaido's attacks were still affecting G5, but he did gain more resistance to those attacks. Thus, this would be the stage for Kaido to utilize his hybrid form coated in flames as hot as magma. However, the plot didn't provide him with that opportunity. I would say that in the panel below, it would have been the perfect time for Kaido to use his hybrid form + flame coating:

We know that even in Gear 5, Luffy is weak against Kaido's special flames. While Kaido casually envelops himself with them, Luffy screams in pain and is burned just by having his hand immersed in them for a few seconds.

This means that a hybrid Kaido + CoC coating + Magma coating would mess up Gear 5.

Just notice that Kaido was hitting Gear 5 quite frequently:

So, if the fight between Kaido and Gear 5 Luffy had continued as it was, Kaido would probably have entered this new mode. However, the plot didn't allow for that. The plot forced Kaido to shift into his largest form to counter the Bajarang Gun. Kaido couldn't deal with this attack in his hybrid form + magma coating, as he would lack the size and AP to match it. Therefore, he had to transition into his largest form and create a bigger avatar because the circumstances demanded it.

What do you think, can the magma hybrid Kaido really be achieved? In my opinion, I don't see why Kaido wouldn't create a compressed version of an avatar of himself coated in flames as hot as magma, considering he possesses the same tools in his hybrid form as he does in his full Zoan form.

@comrade @nik87 @ConquistadoR @MonsterKaido @Tejas @Hanzo hattori @SkySanji @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier @Erkan12 etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CensoredbyWG

Mythical zoan that turns you into a dragon, grants resistance, wind slashes, thunder hits , fire breath and magma body, hybrid form and another hybrid even stronger form.

This the best fruit in the show lol, kaido is a fkng hypocrite with his "haki rules all".

Is haki the strongest power? Yes, but it gets even better when coupled with such a ridiculous fruit.

Wild opinion: kaido would not be an emperor with his haki alone.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

yes from head to above the foot otherwise he would melt the ground

also he wouldn't be able to use his kanabo in this form
You mean why not? He can also coat his Kanabo with fire as hot as magma.
firstly kaido doesn't have magma powers, its just fire which is incredibly hot.
moreover all kaido did is coat himself in that fire, akainu on other hand is magma itself and can do way more than just coat himself in it, after all being a logia allows one to conjure, manipulate and become their respective element.
Whatever the difference in temperature between the fire produced by King and Kaido and Akainu's magma may be minimal, besides, of course, Kaido's produced fire spreads much faster than magma.
Yes, that is plausible. Those flames have the properties of Magma, as pointed out by Zoro against King too, albeit on a much larger scale. And flames that are like magma, will do harm like magma.
Exactly, besides the fact that these flames are less dense than magma and spread more quickly, Luffy himself was reacting quite well to the heat breath of Kaido, but after he used this mode, he immediately released his hand.
We can already see Kaido's flames are way hotter than standard fire.

Blackbeard could literally grab Ace's fire.

Luffy cannot touch Kaido's fire.

Even if it isn't magma it's definitely comparable.
Yes, indeed. Kaido demonstrated that these are not regular flames like his heat breath. The proof of this is Luffy quickly releasing his hand and suffering severe burns, something that didn't occur before when he faced Kaido's standard heat breath. The temperature difference between these flames and magma must be minimal.
Mythical zoan that turns you into a dragon, grants resistance, wind slashes, thunder hits , fire breath and magma body, hybrid form and another hybrid even stronger form.

This the best fruit in the show lol, kaido is a fkng hypocrite with his "haki rules all".

Is haki the strongest power? Yes, but it gets even better when coupled with such a ridiculous fruit.

Nah, since he wouldn't stop using his Haki to enhance his attacks, Kaido's base form is on par with Shanks and Garp in terms of Haki. Technically, there shouldn't be much difference between them, but it's their skill set that sets them apart. Oda would need to work a bit more on Kaido's base form to make him a high top-tier, i would say that in his base form, Kaido is a mid top-tier.
But consider this: everything I listed that Kaido would lose isn't necessarily a problem because:

• Flight capability = Shanks, Mihawk, Zoro don't fly and are strong fighters; Kaido could still be formidable without it.
  • Durability of dragon scales = Shanks, Mihawk, Zoro, Garp don't have dragon scales and are strong due to their skill in using Haki. Kaido, being an Oni, appears more resilient than humans and possesses monstrous Haki. Even without scales, he would likely still surpass most in terms of endurance.
  • Recovery and resilience = Garp, Shanks, Zoro, Mihawk, and other top-tier individuals don't rely on recovery from attacks; Kaido wouldn't be disadvantaged without it.
  • AoE attacks = Well, Kaido could utilize his Indestructible spear and the attack he used in combination with Hakai. However, he would need to develop more techniques if he didn't have a Devil Fruit.

For Base Kaido to be on the same level as Shanks, he would just need to refine his skill set a bit and adjust his fighting style to avoid taking attacks head-on.

No such thing as "magma-fire"
A term I came up with for flames as hot as magma.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sasaki Kojirō

No reason why he wouldn't be able to use it in hybrid as all abilities of azure dragon should be available in hybrid as well.
Exactly, but since Luffy immediately went for a punch the size of an island, Kaido should also respond with something equally massive and proportionate. The hybrid form coated with flames as hot as magma didn't quite match the situation.
Kaido had everything going for him to defeat Gear 5 if he chose to evade the attack, Gear 5 has less resistance to high temperatures than Kaido; within seconds, Luffy released Kaido and burned his hand while screaming in pain. Meanwhile, Kaido was submerged in those same flames for a longer time without showing any signs of suffering he remained seemingly unaffected.

I highly agree to this notion.
I always believe that to reach the top, you need a lot of things to work on your favor.
So Kaido's achievement, or anybody for that matter, is a sum of everything that they have.
The blatant example is Sanji who only has talent, so he's weaker than Zoro who has both talent & hardwork, and Luffy who has destiny/fate on his side.
Post automatically merged:

Exactly, but since Luffy immediately went for a punch the size of an island, Kaido should also respond with something equally massive and proportionate. The hybrid form coated with flames as hot as magma didn't quite match the situation.
Kaido had everything going for him to defeat Gear 5 if he chose to evade the attack, Gear 5 has less resistance to high temperatures than Kaido; within seconds, Luffy released Kaido and burned his hand while screaming in pain. Meanwhile, Kaido was submerged in those same flames for a longer time without showing any signs of suffering he remained seemingly unaffected.
It's funny & interesting how a Sun God is harmed by fire.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I highly agree to this notion.
I always believe that to reach the top, you need a lot of things to work on your favor.
So Kaido's achievement, or anybody for that matter, is a sum of everything that they have.
The blatant example is Sanji who only has talent, so he's weaker than Zoro who has both talent & hardwork, and Luffy who has destiny/fate on his side.
As I mentioned in the previous comment, if Kaido didn't have a Devil Fruit, he would change his fighting style:
  • He wouldn't face attacks head-on; instead, he would use Future Sight (FS).
  • To bridge the gap left by the removal of his Devil Fruit abilities, he would adapt and create new techniques, you see? Why do you think Garp learned to fly? Because he lacks a Devil Fruit that grants such an ability. With Kaido, it wouldn't be different he would adapt and find a way to deal with the situation. The mentality would be entirely different. Kaido would undoubtedly remain a Yonko without his Devil Fruit. Kaido has a basic form that loses nothing compared to Garp and Shanks.
  • His conqueror haki is able to divide the skies, abnormal brute strength, and seemingly, Onis are a superior race to humans, having greater resistance. Kaido has Future Sight and a fundamental set of Haki that Law describes as monstrous. He doesn't differ from Shanks, Mihawk, or Garp in his base form. But, as I mentioned, if he didn't have a Devil Fruit, his fighting style would be completely different from what it is now.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Yes, he fought size with size because he chose to take the attack head on, which he didnt have to.

As I mentioned in the previous comment, if Kaido didn't have a Devil Fruit, he would change his fighting style:
  • He wouldn't face attacks head-on; instead, he would use Future Sight (FS).
  • To bridge the gap left by the removal of his Devil Fruit abilities, he would adapt and create new techniques, you see? Why do you think Garp learned to fly? Because he lacks a Devil Fruit that grants such an ability. With Kaido, it wouldn't be different he would adapt and find a way to deal with the situation. The mentality would be entirely different. Kaido would undoubtedly remain a Yonko without his Devil Fruit. Kaido has a basic form that loses nothing compared to Garp and Shanks.
  • His conqueror haki is able to divide the skies, abnormal brute strength, and seemingly, Onis are a superior race to humans, having greater resistance. Kaido has Future Sight and a fundamental set of Haki that Law describes as monstrous. He doesn't differ from Shanks, Mihawk, or Garp in his base form. But, as I mentioned, if he didn't have a Devil Fruit, his fighting style would be completely different from what it is now.
Well, the problem is that a Zoan, especially mythical zoan, grants bonus stats.

If I don't have a wing, I can just moon walk.

Something like this is just a change of method. But losing Dragon DF means losing stats, which can't be replaced.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Well, the problem is that a Zoan, especially mythical zoan, grants bonus stats.

If I don't have a wing, I can just moon walk.

Something like this is just a change of method. But losing Dragon DF means losing stats, which can't be replaced.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Absolutely, if the Azure Dragon aspect were removed from Kaido's character configuration, he would indeed be written and perceived differently. One cannot simply extract the Azure Dragon from Kaido as we know him now and expect him to maintain the same level of power. If Kaido had never possessed the Azure Dragon aspect from the beginning of his career until today, he would be fundamentally different in terms of mentality, abilities, and techniques compared to the Kaido we've seen. I understand your point.