Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1091 Spoilers Discussion

Do you agree with Rayleigh scaling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily disagree but King is an outlier among Zoro's post-TS opponents and with Shiryu his next likely opponent, it feels much more like a step sideways than a step forward compared to King.

Had Zoro fought guys like Vergo and Lucci PRIOR to King, I wouldn't be worried about his future opponents.
Vergo wasn't that much stronger than Pica if at all. You have no clue how strong King is. Only thing we saw from Shiryu is one attack no name severely injured Garp and he took Garp attqck fine.
Post automatically merged:

Increasing Bajrang gun is already a form of gear 3

What we say is he defeated Lucci with base gear 5 attacks the real damage is when increase his size and speed
No he using G5 lol not G3

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
But I don't want another Luffy vs. Kaido 2.0 against Mihawk where Zoro is clearly much inferior and then suddenly gets X power-up to miraculously win
It won't be that way for sure. Zoro is never fighting an opponent & losing 3 times to then get powerups mid battle 3x to finally beat him. :rolaugh:

If Zoro loses a fight, he either dies or loses limbs bare minimum.
Luffy v. Kaidou worked like because Luffy is famous for his healing punches & he needed like 10 dozens of them along with the Strongest Gear 5 attack to bring a monster like Kaidou down.
Against peak lethality & black blades, this is simply not possible lol.

If Zoro v. Mihawk is gonna be like that, i'd drop the manga that instant itself.

And if Zoro was nearly good enough to fight Mihawk since the timeskip, then there's no real satisfaction in that because we never actually got to see his growth
No he clearly needs to pick up clear powerups like CoC & CoO from the Shiryu fight to then stand toe to toe.
Mihawk is 100% the fight where he makes Black Blades so you can count those as a possible Powerup as well.

Start of Ts Zoro is like Vista, he can spar with non-all out Mihawk.
The moment you start bringing named attacks into account, the difference is huge.

There is no such thing as "pure swordsman" tbh.

There are swordsmen who use DF abilities like Brook or Fujitora or even Kaku.
Then there are swordsmen who use Haki abilities like Vista, Scabbards, Zoro, Shanks & Mihawk.

WSS is simply the strongest swordsman, you don't have to beat every swordsman in the sea to be called the strongest, you have to beat the current strongest and then you will be known as the next one.

Meanwhile, you gotta beat every pirate in the sea in the race to become the Pirate King.
I'm sure one or two rival swordsmen for Zoro would be nice, no doubt.
But his ambition doesn't work the same way as Luffy's does.

No point in using the metric for the Pirate King title or Yonko title or Shichibukai title & comparing it to the titles of Worlds Strongest.

WSS title is the exact same as the WSC title or WSM title.
It's the Strongest Swordsman.

Meaning in a fight between two Swordsman - Mihawk will always win.
This is where we disagree and i think there is such thing as pure swordsmen and i would never put Fuji or brook in there .
They use more than there swords in a fight it's like calling Kuzan or kizaru swordsmen when we see them pull out sword once , hell green bull has a sword and man is just use his DF .
The top tier swords men that we see in series just use there swords and haki .
Mihawk , Zoro , Shanks ,Oden , Vista but that don't mean they not top tier .

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
This is where we disagree and i think there is such thing as pure swordsmen and i would never put Fuji or brook in there .
They use more than there swords in a fight it's like calling Kuzan or kizaru swordsmen when we see them pull out sword once , hell green bull has a sword and man is just use his DF .
The top tier swords men that we see in series just use there swords and haki .
Brook calls himself a Swordsman though.
Oda labelled Fujitora a "Blind Swordsman" and even gave him a Swordstyle "Gravity Blade".

I'm not calling Kizaru or Kuzan a swordsman.
But people who are called as Swordsmen in the series are Swordsmen even if they use DFs.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
who was introduced with the title old wb or prime wb
Whitebeard was called the strongest even in his own Vivre card when he was in his Prime.
He himself said "I cannot keep remaining the strongest forever"

Look at how Buggy hypes him.

His entire legend comes from the time he used to fight Roger to a stand still and he even clearly admitted that he lost Power due to age.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Katana user.... so much different from "swordsman" like jesus lmfaoo
It is different and you can thank your Lucci level idol for confirming that:

Unless Oda explicitly calls someone a swordsman (Celestial Dragon Shanks) they are not swordsman even if they carry a blade no matter what translations your Google Translate GED ass tries to lie about lol.

He even uses his own "Gravity Blade" fighting style lol.
In fact show me even a single time he used his Gravity without using it with his blade.
Irrelevant. Oda explicitly confirmed Fujitora is not a swordsman but merely a katana user. Mald harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.