ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

Finished it. Its good. I liked it. Usopp was very cute and fun. Mihawk's voice is almost too campy but it makes having him on screen a lot funnier. Shame about Hachi being cut

Don't know why everyone is complaining about Shanks he felt very Shanks-like to me. "He looks like a hobo" yeah. Shanks looks like a hobo. Its like Shanks fans only care about Shanks because of like 3 panels of glaring instead of everything else about him.

BTW guys. I have a question for you. Do you think we should consider the sentence: "you didn't earn that scar" as Canon ? It feels like something Oda has pushed in (although I might be wrong) and I find it interesting in term of characterization.

Honestly despite enjoying season 1, I don't think I want a season 2 simply for the fact that live action chopper is gonna be more cursed than those transponder snails. Those fuckers gave me a jump scare.
Chopper could work imo. We had half beast-half human characters for years in fantasy and sci-fi movies (X-Men, Jumanji).
With today's tech, Chopper could be a relatively easy thing to get right.

Yeah Garp stringing him in the courtyard for no reason makes him look bad lmfao.
Your signature is the entrance I wanted to see from Mihawk...
Post automatically merged:

Chopper could work imo. We had half beast-half human characters for years in fantasy and sci-fi movies (X-Men, Jumanji).
With today's tech, Chopper could be a relatively easy thing to get right.
Why do you think Arlong went wrong?

So? Its just a white lie to make himsef not look bad for letting them escape. Does that warrant being strung up in the yard?
Curruption within military ranks is a serious offense it's not a simple white lie
Basically this
The Marines are like the military. Order needs to be maintained otherwose they as an organization lose face in the long run

But I agree that Morgan should've been presented as more derranged. A victim of the pacing, but not that important in the long run

Basically this
The Marines are like the military. Order needs to be maintained otherwose they as an organization lose face in the long run

But I agree that Morgan should've been presented as more derranged. A victim of the pacing, but not that important in the long run
How is this corruption lmfao? All he said is that he made them run away because of how strong he is. He was basically boasting to save face. Thats not corruption mate.
The punishment for him boasting is too severe.

He said they retreated because of how strong he was, right?
So if he's lying about that to Garp's face, what else could he be witholding from the Marines and/or WG?

But again, it was a rushed and not well developed resolution for a plotpoint that could have even been scrapped in totality
Yeah, thats the thing it was rushed. And fealt unearned. We also saw that Morgan seemed to actually care about protecting civilians and do his duty. So the “what else could he be witholding” line of thought doesnt hold much weight atleast in the eyes of the viewer.

Basically the randoms who are watching this and know nothing about OP will be left wondering why Morgan was so harshly punished and also think of Garp as someone more sinister then he really is.

Yeah, thats the thing it was rushed. And fealt unearned. We also saw that Morgan seemed to actually care about protecting civilians and do his duty. So the “what else could he be witholding” line of thought doesnt hold much weight atleast in the eyes of the viewer.

Basically the randoms who are watching this and know nothing about OP will be left wondering why Morgan was so harshly punished and also think of Garp as someone more sinister then he really is.
Garp was (for some reason) presented as way more villainous than he ever was in the manga

Even when we didn't know his identity, he was never presented as some sort of ruthless, ends-justify-the-means type of guy.

Granted, I've yet to watch the last two episodes, so I don't know how his arc is resolved in this Season. But from what I've seen he's far removed from the unhinged but jolly manga and anime Garp

Garp was (for some reason) presented as way more villainous than he ever was in the manga

Even when we didn't know his identity, he was never presented as some sort of ruthless, ends-justify-the-means type of guy.

Granted, I've yet to watch the last two episodes, so I don't know how his arc is resolved in this Season. But from what I've seen he's far removed from the unhinged but jolly manga and anime Garp
Aye.