General & Others The Whitebeard pirates never knew Wano was Kaido’s territory for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB should've taken an initiative to check Oden , unless he was so pissed because Oden switched to Roger's crew .
I can also buy that Whitebeard was so upset that Oden ditched him he refused to get back in touch with him and didn't know he'd died
This would require a level of pettiness that Whitebeard simply does not possess.

Squardo outright betrayed Whitebeard and stabbed him through the torso with a sword. In return, Whitebeard gave him a hug and forgiveness on the spot.

For Whitebeard to refuse to care for Oden for 20+ years simply because Oden decided to hitch a ride with Roger for a while, would be a crippling character contradiction.
You know how Wano's border works. It has a hidden mechanism preventing Oden's friends from hearing any news or speculating ... anything. That's the whole reason behind Oden wanting to open that damn border.
Yes. Oden wants to open Wano’s borders. Everyone who ever met him knows that.

You do not think that any one of those folk amongst the Whitebeard Pirates who met Oden would find it suspicious that he never did so? In over two decades? Especially after Ace visited the place personally and saw nothing but poverty and destitution?

Lmao @ people falling over themselves to make excuses for more of Oda's shitty writing :milaugh:

Kaido has been residing in Wano for 20 years. For some reason, the Dukes, Oden, Whitebeard, Rayleigh and Izo have been content to leave that be.

The only conclusion is that Izo had a lobotomy or is constantly smoking crack. His sister disappeared 20 years ago, presumably victimised by Kaido's forces, and the man did not care. Fuck avenging him or liberating your home country, fuck even asking about how your old friends like Yasu are faring.

Fuck characterisation, fuck logic, fuck all that shit.

Making Marineford look cute indeed.

Ace, a Whitebeard Pirate Division Commander, was literally in Wano within the last few years.

How could the Whitebeard Pirates not know how bad the situation was when one of their own high ranking crew members personally witnessed the severity of the situation first hand?
Ace was only there a few weeks and was, by all accounts, only in the section of it with Tama. Knowing that there are starving people on an island is one thing, knowing that they’re being brutally suppressed to the extent that there’s slave labor in a giant prison facility and they’re being experimented on is another. Ace didn’t see all of Wano, and he was only there for a short period of time.

I just can’t believe that nobody knew where Kaido, one of the four strongest and most reputable pirates in the entire world, spent his apparently copious amounts of down time. In 20-something years, Whitebeard never thought to go to Wano and check up on his old friend? He and his crew just said “Fuck it, there’s probably nothing going on AND we don’t wanna see our pals?” :lusalty:
It becomes even more ridiculous when you realize that the SHs learned about Wano and Kaido on their fucking FIRST DAY in the New World ...

Yes...this is serious plot hole
Big mom knows baratie miles away from new world
Any other yonkou should know that kaido is in wano

When ace gets executed wb was concern and all his fleet go to marineford to rescue him, even if wb doesnt know the situation in wano, wb should concern that why the f*** is kaido doing in wano....

And then theres izo, for almost 20 years never once had the needs to visit his sibling, wtf

Dont get me started on ace.... dude is not dumb like luffy, surely ace know its kaido territory and doesnt say a thing to WB...geez

Holy shit, I didn’t even think about opening the borders...Whitebeard TOTALLY knew about that shit and never questioned why it didn’t happen? He never got curious as to why they still didn’t hear anything about Wano in all that time?

I remember discussing this in a similar thread a long time ago, because One Piece fans love very few things more than endlessly repeating themselves, but someone said that Wano’s isolation prevented WB/remnants of the Roger Pirates from knowing about the island’s decline after Oden’s return...in two-plus decades, NONE of them ever found that strange or troublesome? Shit, those are some monumentally bad friends :kriwhat:
neko and inu were out of wano and knew what happened, they knew wb and his pirates. HECK, one the wb pirates is a scabbard (izo) and has a fucking brother. Yet you want me to believe that during these 20+ years he didnt try to go visit his bro not even once? Fuck outta here.
Post automatically merged:

Finally!! Yesterday, @Igor_akainu_redog was so adamant about it not being stupid.

Th fact that Ace came to Wano and told WBPs about it and the fact that Izo is from Wano really makes the whole thing into a big plot-hole.

If it wasn't for Ace, I would've accepted Marco's explanation that they never knew about Wano's situation.
I wouldnt, its fucking retarded that none of them thought to check on any of their wano friends. One of them was from wano ffs and had a sister.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
neko and inu were out of wano and knew what happened, they knew wb and his pirates. HECK, one the wb pirates is a scabbard (izo) and has a fucking brother. Yet you want me to believe that during these 20+ years he didnt try to go visit his bro not even once? Fuck outta here.
Izo: Huh, haven’t heard or seen anything about my only living family member ever since my original master went back home and I stayed on Whitebeard’s ship...oh well, guess there’s no reason to look any further into this!! :kayneshrug:

Ace was only there a few weeks and was, by all accounts, only in the section of it with Tama. Knowing that there are starving people on an island is one thing, knowing that they’re being brutally suppressed to the extent that there’s slave labor in a giant prison facility and they’re being experimented on is another. Ace didn’t see all of Wano, and he was only there for a short period of time.
So Ace would never talk about this to Wano native Izo?

Izo would never talk about or desire to visit his birthplace or the people who live there (including his sibling) ever again?

Whitebeard would never find it suspicious that his old friend whose entire life goal was opening Wano’s borders, would never do so in over two decades despite being the literal ruler of Wano?

Not a single one of the villagers that Ace met ever mentioned the fact that Kaido and Orochi are in charge?

Yes. Oden wants to open Wano’s borders. Everyone who ever met him knows that.

You do not think that any one of those folk amongst the Whitebeard Pirates who met Oden would find it suspicious that he never did so? In over two decades? Especially after Ace visited the place personally and saw nothing but poverty and destitution?
?? Did you miss the sarcasm in my post? Ofc it's all bullshit.

Yes...this is serious plot hole
Big mom knows baratie miles away from new world
Any other yonkou should know that kaido is in wano

When ace gets executed wb was concern and all his fleet go to marineford to rescue him, even if wb doesnt know the situation in wano, wb should concern that why the f*** is kaido doing in wano....

And then theres izo, for almost 20 years never once had the needs to visit his sibling, wtf

Dont get me started on ace.... dude is not dumb like luffy, surely ace know its kaido territory and doesnt say a thing to WB...geez
Everyone knows kaido is in wano, even the grand fleet members knew, the marines knew, big mom knew, blackbeard who was on WHITEBEARD'S SHIP, knew. Yet the WBs didnt know or didnt care that someone known for subjugating places is in the very place their dear friend was supposed to rule and open the borders off, that same friend then went MIA.

Last edited:

Marco remains a constant source of disappointment
this is one of most stupid thing Oda have ever said

sure

Whitebeard ...

- wan't aware Kaido HQ is on Wano
- wasn't aware his brother is dead
- didn't ask about oden for 22 years

sure ... that's the kind of person he is ...

just pure stupid

this is what should have happened

- people knew Kaido killed Oden
- Prime Beard and remains of Roger Pirate unite ... and rape every single one in beast Pirates

p.s

Neko and Inu are also stupid ... right?

- let's not ask Whitebaerd or Shanks for helping us

Oden was a brother to Whitebeard
Oden was a uncle to Shanks

but sure

let's wait for 20 years
never say anything about oden to them for 20 years

surely that's the best way we can help people of Wano ....

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You know how Wano's border works. It has a hidden mechanism preventing Oden's friends from hearing any news or speculating ... anything. That's the whole reason behind Oden wanting to open that damn border.
I caught the sarcasm :cheers:

inb4 Oda pulls something out of his ass about Wano’s waterfall emitting particles that prevent outsiders from remembering it exists :laughmoji:

Izo: Huh, haven’t heard or seen anything about my only living family member ever since my original master went back home and I stayed on Whitebeard’s ship...oh well, guess there’s no reason to look any further into this!! :kayneshrug:
Someone made a post of narutoforums rejoicing about the explanation this chapter gave us and litteraly saying that all of us who dont acceept it are haters and dont understand good story telling. Dude got bullied so badly he escaped his own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.