Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I don’t understand what you mean by this. Your conclusion comes from the data that you had. Either your data was wrong or you interpretation of the data is was wrong. I believe the second is the case.
I didn't create a theory because I like Carrot. I created a theory because I noticed some weird elements concerning Carrot, I needed a theory to explain those elements.

I didn't create a theory because I like Carrot. I created a theory because I noticed some weird elements concerning Carrot, I needed a theory to explain those elements.
Yes and according to your theory and the elements you came to the conclusion that Carrot was supposed to join the Strawhats. That did not happen. Meaning you misunderstood those elements and read too much into them. For me it was quite clear that Carrot wouldn’t join. I didn’t see anything that gave me the indication. Yamato on the other hand is different, like every character in the beginning you could tell they would join from the moment they were introduced. I mean Zoro, Nami, Usopp and Sanji. Yamato was like that, for the first time in a while a character had that type of introduction and felt like she was meant to join and handled that way. She was given important roles during the fight against the villains. She did more than Nami or Usopp did during the raid. And at the last moment that changed and her joining was postponed. Emphasis on postponed. She will join and that is weird and I do have a theory why Oda did it. But I will share it in time here.

Yes and according to your theory and the elements you came to the conclusion that Carrot was supposed to join the Strawhats.
Indeed, which was the most logical option.
That did not happen.
Indeed.

Meaning you misunderstood those elements and read too much into them
Not necessarally

For me it was quite clear that Carrot wouldn’t join. I didn’t see anything that gave me the indication
You didn't pay enough attention I think.

Yamato on the other hand is different, like every character in the beginning you could tell they would join from the moment they were introduced.
Its the opposite. The moment Yamato was introduced was the moment her fate was set : Wano.

for the first time in a while a character had that type of introduction
Take a look at chapter 804

She was given important roles during the fight against the villains
Aside Momonosuke, logically as she was put directly on his protection.

She did more than Nami or Usopp did during the raid
Logically, she is an important character, just like Kinemon
And at the last moment that changed and her joining was postponed
No, she was never meant to join. Her staying in Wano was set in the chapter of her introduction.

Yes and according to your theory and the elements you came to the conclusion that Carrot was supposed to join the Strawhats. That did not happen. Meaning you misunderstood those elements and read too much into them. For me it was quite clear that Carrot wouldn’t join. I didn’t see anything that gave me the indication. Yamato on the other hand is different, like every character in the beginning you could tell they would join from the moment they were introduced. I mean Zoro, Nami, Usopp and Sanji. Yamato was like that, for the first time in a while a character had that type of introduction and felt like she was meant to join and handled that way. She was given important roles during the fight against the villains. She did more than Nami or Usopp did during the raid. And at the last moment that changed and her joining was postponed. Emphasis on postponed. She will join and that is weird and I do have a theory why Oda did it. But I will share it in time here.
Not yamato

CoC: Color of Clowns

U$A $election $ea$on
It won't be a waifu. It will be slimy swampy man.
Don't you disrespect my waifu Caribou's hot swamp ass like that. He's a treasure.
LOL Carrot bros are hoping she's hiding in the swamp.....you're telling me there's a chance?! :pepecopium:

Me too. We're long overdue for a new female SH.

I'm unsure on Lilith. She's cool but she's a part of the Punk group. I don't really see them separated. I think Bonney and Stussy are really good choices. But I think it's gonna be hard adding anyone to the main crew this late into the story.
I think the Stella and most other Punks are dying here. Atlas and Edison really just don't have characterization at this point, and the Straw Hats escaping without losing anything signficant feels forced and unfair considering the odds against them.

Still want to see Lilith join the Straw Hats, and York join Blackbeard. Gives Luffy's ultimate pirate nemesis ancient tech knowledge, and feeds perfectly into my theory of Blackbeard claiming Pluton. Would be a fun rivalry.

Lilith fits for me because she's more or less Pirate Vegapunk: she was introduced trying to steal from the Straw Hats, and has a huge dream (free energy for the world) that directly connects to Luffy and the Straw Hats in the sense that both groups are after the Ancient History, connected to Ohara, and want the world to be free.

Bonney and Stussy are both interesting, but I think Bonney will end up with the Revs as some others think, just because it makes a lot of sense with Kuma and she already had a moment with Sabo. Stussy is a wildcard because we don't know what her dream is, and every dream in the story so far has some connection to One Piece's endgame. If Stussy doesn't have a dream or Inherited Will, though, she's out.

It's possible it's a Carrot situation where watching her father, the Stella Vegapunk, die triggers Stussy to have a dream (perhaps to protect Lilith?).

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Don't you disrespect my waifu Caribou's hot swamp ass like that. He's a treasure.

I think the Stella and most other Punks are dying here. Atlas and Edison really just don't have characterization at this point, and the Straw Hats escaping without losing anything signficant feels forced and unfair considering the odds against them.

Still want to see Lilith join the Straw Hats, and York join Blackbeard. Gives Luffy's ultimate pirate nemesis ancient tech knowledge, and feeds perfectly into my theory of Blackbeard claiming Pluton. Would be a fun rivalry.

Lilith fits for me because she's more or less Pirate Vegapunk: she was introduced trying to steal from the Straw Hats, and has a huge dream (free energy for the world) that directly connects to Luffy and the Straw Hats in the sense that both groups are after the Ancient History, connected to Ohara, and want the world to be free.

Bonney and Stussy are both interesting, but I think Bonney will end up with the Revs as some others think, just because it makes a lot of sense with Kuma and she already had a moment with Sabo. Stussy is a wildcard because we don't know what her dream is, and every dream in the story so far has some connection to One Piece's endgame. If Stussy doesn't have a dream or Inherited Will, though, she's out.

It's possible it's a Carrot situation where watching her father, the Stella Vegapunk, die triggers Stussy to have a dream (perhaps to protect Lilith?).
You see, the thing with Lilith's dream, and all the Stellas in general, is that I can't believe in them as individual characters. They're all fragments of Vegapunk, so I don't associate any of their motivations with a specific individual like I do the SHs.

Last edited:
Do you think Stussy was cloned after Miss Bakkin had trained under the WG?
38 years ago = god valley
37-35 years ago = mads formation
35 years ago = weevil birth/creation
24 years ago = end of mads
22 years ago = ohara incident/vegapunk becomes the scientist of the world goverment
20 years ago = stussy becomes a cipher pol agent

Mads lasted 11-13 years. I'm certain Stussy is younger than Weevil so she was created during 34-30 ago.

None of the satellites existed during this period, because Bonney didnt recognize none of the satellites (she thinks to herself that atlas is lying when she says she is vegapunk). This means that the first time she went there none of the satellites existed. That's why I believe the satellites (shaka, lilith and york) are clones that grew quickly.

Vivi rejoins for Final War, and Yamato joins when Wano's borders open and Zoro/Sanji are stronger. That might be in Elbaf when the Adam tree falls (probably because Goofy punches it), shaking the world and causing those border cracks to turn into breaks. Maybe zou still ends up serving a role, and puts the AW out to sea under SHGF control.

CoC: Color of Clowns

U$A $election $ea$on
Since Zoro's arc fight seems to be Lucci, that leaves 9 vice admirals and 8 free strawhats. If all 9 VAs get fights, whoever fights the last one, probably Bonney or Stussy, should be looked at as a serious strawhat candidate.
The Vice Admirals should be approaching the island now that most of the mecha sea beasts have been dealt with, and since they have to deal with the Pacifista and keep them from destroying the Marines ships.

Meaning, the VAs are probably going to run into Bonney. Atlas, Bonney, and Sanji vs the Vice Admirals?

Sanji: "It won't be long before I'm causing more trouble than the rest of these guys put together."

Sanji's exoskeleton and regen make him a great fighter for drawn out fights with lots of strong enemies like this. A Bonney team up would be really interesting.

What if Bonney uses her Dark Future attack on Sanji, and turns him into a Sanji who is a merciless Germa soldier?

38 years ago = god valley
37-35 years ago = mads formation
35 years ago = weevil birth/creation
24 years ago = end of mads
22 years ago = ohara incident/vegapunk becomes the scientist of the world goverment
20 years ago = stussy becomes a cipher pol agent

Mads lasted 11-13 years. I'm certain Stussy is younger than Weevil so she was created during 34-30 ago.

None of the satellites existed during this period, because Bonney didnt recognize none of the satellites (she thinks to herself that atlas is lying when she says she is vegapunk). This means that the first time she went there none of the satellites existed. That's why I believe the satellites (shaka, lilith and york) are clones that grew quickly.
Are this estimated numbers? I looked them up, but could only find that MADS disbanded around 24 years ago - and even here I cannot find the source in the manga. It would be great, if MADS had actually disbanded 24 years ago.

I would estimate Stussy's age to at least over 24 years. Because this was when MADS seemingly was disbanded.

I also wonder, when Bonney had last seen Vegapunk, now that Oda has multiple times hinted at her being even younger than she is depicted. But I have not made my mind up about what the Satellites are, yet: Robots, clones (fast growing ones or normal growing ones), street children, whom Vegapunk took in (like Sentomaru).

I would love to be able to put everything together time-line-wise.
Post automatically merged:

The Vice Admirals should be approaching the island now that most of the mecha sea beasts have been dealt with, and since they have to deal with the Pacifista and keep them from destroying the Marines ships.

Meaning, the VAs are probably going to run into Bonney. Atlas, Bonney, and Sanji vs the Vice Admirals?

Sanji: "It won't be long before I'm causing more trouble than the rest of these guys put together."

Sanji's exoskeleton and regen make him a great fighter for drawn out fights with lots of strong enemies like this. A Bonney team up would be really interesting.

What if Bonney uses her Dark Future attack on Sanji, and turns him into a Sanji who is a merciless Germa soldier?
You mean that he will turn into this guy in the right lower corner here?:

Are this estimated numbers? I looked them up, but could only find that MADS disbanded around 24 years ago - and even here I cannot find the source in the manga. It would be great, if MADS had actually disbanded 24 years ago.

I would estimate Stussy's age to at least over 24 years. Because this was when MADS seemingly was disbanded.

I also wonder, when Bonney had last seen Vegapunk, now that Oda has multiple times hinted at her being even younger than she is depicted. But I have not made my mind up about what the Satellites are, yet: Robots, clones (fast growing ones or normal growing ones), street children, whom Vegapunk took in (like Sentomaru).

I would love to be able to put everything together time-line-wise.

You mean that he will turn into this guy in the right lower corner here?:
The only estimated numbers are mads creation, its after god valley for sure. I believe is between 37-35 because weevil birth was 35 years ago

Ive been feeling like this for a while now, but I think it may actually be Kuma, who I think is vastly overlooked as a character up untip this point.

But I argue that he is probably THE most mysterious character in the series barring Shanks or Imu. Oda has had him undergo a mind control plot since preTS, meaning his story is very old and solidly planned because of it. In that way, he is very similar to Jinbe in how he was designed. The only "current" issue is his interaction with Luffy. Its extremely minimal compared to someone like Yamato or Carrot or Vivi or Smoker.

However, he has 3 big traits that work in his favor:

- An extremely relevant and tragic flashback. However, and to argue the other side, since DR (Kyros/Riku/Rebecca and Law) to Wano (Momo/Oden), this hasnt necessarily mattered. But I argue that Oda is really laying on the "heavy" of Kuma's own tragic last. Is it tied to God Valley? His motivations of being a King? Motivations to wiping his memories? Why do it? These are all very old plans by Oda, unlike the above, because they all started pre timeskip.

- The DF number theory is old and has been used repeatedly to argue a myriad of characters. Funny enough though, when it was first mentioned via SBS, Kuma is the one mentioned and Oda ignored it:

- Kuma, like Jinbe, has done so much for the crew vs. any other character in this series. So much so that he and Jinbe are the only characters like this at all. Jinbe saved Luffy's life 3 separate times no less (Akainu's 2 attacks towards him, and donated his blood), then acted as vanguard at WCI. Kuma saved them at Sabaody and protected their Ship for 2 years.

Kuma is lingering as a mindless machine for "some" reason. I do not know what that reason is, but we are going to find put extremely soon considering he is likely on his way to Egghead.

To add, I absolutely think he's getting a new body when he gets here. We are on an island where VP has 6 other bodies and Kuma is mass produced and Seraphim are clones lol. Its super on the nose.

Tldr: Kuma for last strawhat. Genuinely mean it.

Didn’t this whole DF number theory get debunked when Luffys fruit turned out to be the Hito. Even if you use Nika, the numbers become 2 and 5 not 5 and 6.
Not really, because its still called the Gomu Gomu no Mi and Luffy still names his moves that way. It having a secret name doesnt change that

"Nika" doesnt count towards anything. Its just the model of the fruit, not the fruit name itself.

Anyway, read Oda's response lol, clearly he acknowledged theres meaning behind it.

:seriously: read my whole theory guys, dont just gravitate towards 1 point made.

Not really, because its still called the Gomu Gomu no Mi and Luffy still names his moves that way. It having a secret name doesnt change that

"Nika" doesnt count towards anything. Its just the model of the fruit, not the fruit name itself.

Anyway, read Oda's response lol, clearly he acknowledged theres meaning behind it.

:seriously:
But the theory is directly meant to be about the names of the devil fruits. Which just don’t work anymore once we were given Luffys fruits canonical name. The only one who calls it the gomu is luffy cause he doesn’t know, but we the readers do know so what’s the point of the pattern meant to draw hints to a reader if we the readers know the pattern doesn’t work anymore?

Oda does that for 99% of SBS questions. He waffles and gives no exact answer to keep debates and theories going knowing that sparks the most discussion for his books.