Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Ive been feeling like this for a while now, but I think it may actually be Kuma, who I think is vastly overlooked as a character up untip this point.

But I argue that he is probably THE most mysterious character in the series barring Shanks or Imu. Oda has had him undergo a mind control plot since preTS, meaning his story is very old and solidly planned because of it. In that way, he is very similar to Jinbe in how he was designed. The only "current" issue is his interaction with Luffy. Its extremely minimal compared to someone like Yamato or Carrot or Vivi or Smoker.

However, he has 3 big traits that work in his favor:

- An extremely relevant and tragic flashback. However, and to argue the other side, since DR (Kyros/Riku/Rebecca and Law) to Wano (Momo/Oden), this hasnt necessarily mattered. But I argue that Oda is really laying on the "heavy" of Kuma's own tragic last. Is it tied to God Valley? His motivations of being a King? Motivations to wiping his memories? Why do it? These are all very old plans by Oda, unlike the above, because they all started pre timeskip.

- The DF number theory is old and has been used repeatedly to argue a myriad of characters. Funny enough though, when it was first mentioned via SBS, Kuma is the one mentioned and Oda ignored it:

- Kuma, like Jinbe, has done so much for the crew vs. any other character in this series. So much so that he and Jinbe are the only characters like this at all. Jinbe saved Luffy's life 3 separate times no less (Akainu's 2 attacks towards him, and donated his blood), then acted as vanguard at WCI. Kuma saved them at Sabaody and protected their Ship for 2 years.

Kuma is lingering as a mindless machine for "some" reason. I do not know what that reason is, but we are going to find put extremely soon considering he is likely on his way to Egghead.

To add, I absolutely think he's getting a new body when he gets here. We are on an island where VP has 6 other bodies and Kuma is mass produced and Seraphim are clones lol. Its super on the nose.

Tldr: Kuma for last strawhat. Genuinely mean it.
Kuma for SH? He has just died in the latest chapter... Also, he's already died long ago mentally....3rd...I think Franky will inherit his DF. There are a lot of evidences that he could get it

Kuma for SH? He has just died in the latest chapter... Also, he's already died long ago mentally....3rd...I think Franky will inherit his DF. There are a lot of evidences that he could get it
4 things:

- His memories are still intact on the Egghead.

- You are reading an arc that involves Cloning, multiple bodies, and Pacifista which are all based on Kuma.

- Kuma is heavily suggested to be on his way to Egghead now.

- Franky when Luffy offered him Ace's DF:

You're a devil advocate!
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand how anyone can believe in Oda so greatly these days. Dude has me slowly losing touch with one piece after the trolling.
Thats why you gotta believe in paw man. Defender of the Strawhat crew, and someone poised to die in the story but knowing Oda he'll do the exact opposite lol

the basis of the fruit is propulsio
because Carrot is literally inspired by Goku her sulong transformation, Goku's sayain name is literally Kakarot so if Carrot would have the fruit it would complete the resemblance
Oh my God, are you serious? Carrot is not based on Goku. She's called Carrot because rabbits eat carrots, not because it shares a few letters with Kakarot. And this is coming from someone who would love Carrot to be on the crew. Her sulong form is top 1 Oda design, her fighting style is completely unique and super cool with tons of potential, and her character is funny and endearing, but this just aint it.

What?! Why are you surprised? This is me and I though you know my thoughs about the matter! I am so disappointed now, knowing you are not reading my comments... ! :pepehands:

I think I have to revert again to commenting every few days of how Lucci will be the new "nakama" and Stussy is an enemy! :pepemotion:

(I short: Yes, this is Oda at work. 😉 He will - in my opinion - soon flip the whole thing with the allegiances of the two 180°. Sanji, not reacting to Stussy being hurt is only the first indicator.)
I’m not surprised at you expressing your opinion, I’m more perplexed at why you see the whole ordeal so differently from the most WG members. I was somewhat serious about Stussy after her grand reveal as a VP supporter, but then she faded into background, so I give her only a small chance. And while I know double agents exist, Stussy who literally took a bullet for VP doesn’t strike me as evil.

Lucci, on the other hand, is trying to kill the said Vegapunk. Sanji not reacting is indeed weird, we have a fun little theory in our Sanji FC that it could be Devon posing as Sanji, I believe it belongs to @Sir Yasheen. I am not a fan of that theory as it would imply Sanji is being a badass in distress again, but I humor the idea.

in any case, let’s enjoy the story and see how it goes! Just a quick question - if Lucci leaves with WG on the Egghead, will you consider it as the time for bet collecting? For nakama thing it’s clear, Luffy’s invite or acceptance (like with Robin), but for the other scenario?

I’m not surprised at you expressing your opinion, I’m more perplexed at why you see the whole ordeal so differently from the most WG members. I was somewhat serious about Stussy after her grand reveal as a VP supporter, but then she faded into background, so I give her only a small chance. And while I know double agents exist, Stussy who literally took a bullet for VP doesn’t strike me as evil.

Lucci, on the other hand, is trying to kill the said Vegapunk. Sanji not reacting is indeed weird, we have a fun little theory in our Sanji FC that it could be Devon posing as Sanji, I believe it belongs to @Sir Yasheen. I am not a fan of that theory as it would imply Sanji is being a badass in distress again, but I humor the idea.

in any case, let’s enjoy the story and see how it goes! Just a quick question - if Lucci leaves with WG on the Egghead, will you consider it as the time for bet collecting? For nakama thing it’s clear, Luffy’s invite or acceptance (like with Robin), but for the other scenario?
Yes,, if Lucci leaves Egghead with the WG, than it is time to collect. I will honor what I have brought upon myself. :endthis:

@Paperchampion23 There have been a lot of dumb nakama trains here in recent days where people come in with 100% confidence and babble nonsensical points in their defence, so I wasn't expecting to hear an actual good case for someone nobody is talking about, but you have some solid points for Kuma. I'm open to considering this one
I rarely, if ever, advocate for characters and my 2 favorites are still Jinbe and Kuma (then Shanks lol). Its not entirely something inherently believe, but with how secretive Oda is about his motivations and character background, Im starting to believe it in a way.

Considering he's the only other character save for Jinbe that the crew is truly indebted to, it is....fascinating, barring the other little connections you can make like the DF theory, tragic past and whatnot.

I think a lot of people are basing their views on the character with mindless, dead Kuma and not Kuma with a happy personality that weve seen in small flashbacks at this time. This version is coming very close to regaining his memories if we can believe that hes coming to Egghead and retaking them. Other than this, he's a very unorthodox character in this series and his connections to the crew and others like VP, Dragon and more.

Anyway, yeah I just try to focus on relevant characters for arcs in this thread. Carrot and Yamato had their time and its over. I thought Smoker would be here this arc but it seems like he's not now, which is why I advocated for him earlier in the year. But now Kuma stocks rise (and probably will fall but its fun guessing lol)

Edit: I would not be surprised if his "dream" is tied to the motivation that he subjected himself to a mind wipe.

In the grand context of an adventure with the crew, yes, im sure. They will miss out on Egghead, next Elbaf, and likely the arcs after leading to LT. What even is left for them at that point when Pluton is unleashed? Just the endgame
Noone said that a strawhat needed to join before the end. They could perfectly join right at the end.